Anonymous
Years ago

Illawara Hawks - Tyler harvey 3 year deal

Olgun reports...

Topic #48899 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

Happy to see some consistency with an import re: tenure. I think he's a great scorer, obviously couldn't get it going in the semis, but I'm guessing there's going to be an uptick in talent around him as well.

Reply #859246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harvey
Import SG
Simon maybe
Reath
Froling

Naar
Grida
Deng maybe
Gak
Ogilvy maybe

Dent?
Darling - horrible 3 year deal.

Reply #859250 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Great signing.

Shut down in semis but a good season.

Hawks new owners are going hard, like last season except Reath won't be a bust like Adel.

Reply #859254 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

I think the Hawks will be contenders.

Reply #859255 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

They need to play Harvey at the two - or at least pair him with another combo guard. He's being asked to do too much without another scoring option. Looked exhausted by the playoffs.

I’m not mad on the Reath signing but hopefully he’s a corker.

Reply #859257 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Great news for the league retaining talent like Tyler Harvey.

Reply #859261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harvey was great because of Simon D

Reply #859265 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Great signing.

Shocked that he was not pinched by another team.

We can only wonder what this team would have done if Bairstow and Adel were actually, you know, basketball players.

Reply #859349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bairstow was good just injuries as usual and adel was a bust. Great to see Harvey will be back if they get another stud import to go with Simon already and death coming in throw development of froling, deng, grida, narr and white the hawks will be in good shape.

Reply #859363 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Bairstow was a bust big money signing and only averaged 11 & 6 @ 45% and even then only played 1/3 of the season.

Reply #859368 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Great news for the Hawks though locking up Harvey for 3 years. A very big piece to build around after the disastrous Deng Adel & Cam Bairstow experiments.

Reply #859370 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

If Illawarra get Simon back plus another decent 3rd import I would put Illawarra back in contention.

I do like their young group of players. Illawarra have a great future ahead of them for a foundation club.

Reply #859371 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

How many minutes did bairstow play per game. Don't just throw out partial numbers, try giving it context based on all of the facts. A lot to ask these days I know...

Reply #859378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darling was the oddest 3 year deal ever.

Reply #859379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bairstow was working his way into the starting lineup when healthy so not a bust in terms of talent (adel) simply due to likely cost and injury it was a bust signing. They must see a lot in darling to give him that 3 year deal which is great for a young guys development, but considering AJ who ended up starting for them and Coenraad weren't even on the roster initially is a bit concerning that darling got a spot over them.

Reply #859385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jessup could still return

Reply #859388 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I don't see Bairstow as a bust, he was exactly who they needed come post season but was injured and that is bad luck more so than a lack of skill. He couldn't be depended upon and that is where it hurts most.

As for Harvey, he has the opportunity due to the length of his contract to become a Hawks legend or maybe even keep in the mind of NBA teams so I wish him all the luck as I find him such a thrilling player to watch and I hope they put more dependable talent around him!

Reply #859395 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Darling was baffling but his agent seems to have a monopoly on the league for whatever reason

Reply #859396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bairstow hasn't completed a season in years, only playing a third on his coin is a bust. Adel had bust written all over him before he even got here.

Harvey is a good signing, hope the third year is Illawarra option. Goorj contract finishes end this coming season and rumours are he’s heading back Victoria.

Reply #859399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahah rumours a year away, that's pure comedy

Reply #859402 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

We're looking legit!

NBA legit PG/SG & Naar Dent DP
Harvey & Grida
Hopefully Simon & Jessup as 2nd year next star
Froling & Gak
Reath & AJ

Coenraad rounding it out, especially if Darling moves on as suggested & still space for White (Isaac or my man Kev) & we're good! :)

Reply #859442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jessup ain't comin back

Reply #859443 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I loved having Jessup, though was he really 'NBA calibre' ?

That's what makes me think we'll have him back.

Reply #859454 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:17 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754