BeeGee
Years ago

Bullets Sign Versatile American Guard Isaiah Moss

The Brisbane Bullets have announced the signing of 24 year-old American shooting guard Isaiah Moss on a one-year deal.

A versatile scorer of the ball, Moss is currently suiting up for the Otago Nuggets in the NZNBL where he is eighth in the League in scoring with an average of 21.5 points per game.

In just his first season as a professional, Moss has topped 30 points on two occasions against line-ups featuring current and former NBL talent in the NZNBL.

Completing his College years as a senior at the highly regarded University of Kansas in 2020, Moss suited up in 30 games for the Jayhawks scoring in double-figures on eight occasions.

Brisbane Bullets Head Coach James Duncan said: "We're thrilled to have Isaiah on board, he brings a dynamic weapon and piece to our playing group.

“He also fits into the character and quality people we have and want within our program. Bullets fans can be excited to watch what Isaiah brings to the floor."

Moss said: “I’m looking forward to the competition, I’m looking forward to playing in the NBL. It’s a great League, one of the best in the world so I’m just excited to get out there and meet my new teammates, Coach Duncan and get to work

“I’ve heard Brisbane is a really nice city with some amazing weather. I’ve heard so many good things about the fans from other players and I’m looking forward to seeing it for myself.”

Brisbane Bullets GM Basketball Sam Mackinnon said: “Isaiah adds great depth to our roster and his ability to play out of structure yet also create his own shot is impressive.

“After finishing his first professional stint in New Zealand, we believe his young career will continue to flourish under the tutelage of JD.”

Moss joins Deng Deng, Jack Salt, Jason Cadee, Anthony Drmic, Tyrell Harrison, Tanner Krebs, Nathan Sobey and Tamuri Wigness on the Bullets’ roster for the 2021/22 Hungry Jack’s NBL season.

Topic #48914 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Budget import

Reply #860025 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Just had a quick google, appears to be 6'6, so he might be fairly versatile which is good.

Not the worst signing for a budget import.

Reply #860028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Between Sobey n Krebs
Or import n Drmic

Reply #860029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets still not over spending, looking like they are trying to put a hard working team together with the emphasis on defence and team.

Reply #860034 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Budget import on a budget team. You'd hope they'd pull their fingers out and invest in someone more impressive for the next picks. I mean when I find out a guy is an NZNBL import I usually get ready to see limited game from them.

Reply #860036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot-up shooter. Going to need some real guns at the other two import spots. Assuming they got for a 4/5 and a guard who compelemts Sobey?

Brisbane looking like they'll be fighting for the wooden spoon with Tassie and Cairns.

Reply #860041 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

I'm sure Vic Law will be back. Once Vic Law got injured the Bullets season derailed.

Be interesting to see who else Brisbane will be poaching. Lamar Patterson may be done in Brisbane unless the JackJumpers sign him but you wouldn’t think so?

Reply #860072 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Budget Bullets.

Brisbane Cheapskates.

Take your pick.

Reply #860095 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The Bullets plucked EJ Singler out of the NZ NBL too.

Reply #860098 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It's like they're not even trying.

Reply #860101 | Report this post

Andre  
Years ago

They have no money,will be lucky to see the season out.

Reply #860153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I told you how much of a snake Martin was.

Reply #860154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6'3 N.Sobey/6’1 J.Cadee/5’10 T.Wigness
6’2 C.Webster/6’5 I.Moss(i)
(i)/6’6 A.Drmic
6’7 V.Law(i)/6’8 D.Deng
6’11 M.Hodgson?/7’1 T.Harrison/6’11 J.Salt

Hodgson maybe going, reports Webster to bullets.

Reply #860155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could end up as

6'3 N.Sobey/6'1 J.Cadee/5’10 T.Wigness
6’2 C.Webster/6’6 T.Krebs
6’5 I.Moss(i)/6’6 A.Drmic
6’7 V.Law(i)/6’8 D.Deng
7’1 T.Harrison/6’11 J.Salt

Reply #860156 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Corey Webster please no.

Reply #860161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's gonna get a rude awakening, Deshon Taylor took it personal tonight as he guarded Moss the whole game when it was in went like 1-8 when Taylor guarded him

He told teammates I got him when somebody else tried to take him

Taylor lit them up for 30
I would love to see him get another chance in the NBL

Reply #861265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I just seen his Instagram story, confirms he took that matchup personal lol

Reply #861267 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754