Anonymous
Years ago

Weeks signs with jack jumpers

Jarred weeks signs with Tasmania- don't understand this signing I know there after some veteran presence but they have a couple off good ones currently playing for the Hobart chargers in purchase and duflemener that would be cheap and off a lot more moving forward the weeks who is almost cooked

Topic #48926 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would they have been better going younger with a Mudronja type?

Reply #860485 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What is the obsession with purchase and duflemener playing for JJ's? They'll sign with whoever they sign for. Sounds like South Australians have gone back to Tassie

Reply #860488 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I don't mind Weeks, he's a hustle guy who doesn't really get the chance, wouldn't have minded him behind Norton instead of White. His chase down blocks are always fun to watch.

Reply #860495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good budget signing. Still provides energy off the bench.

Reply #860501 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Also signed Fabian Krislovic (spelling probably off there)!

Reply #860505 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Also signed Fabian Krislovic (spelling probably off there)!

Reply #860506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both very underwhelming.

Reply #860514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Week signing :)

Reply #860518 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Hit the import jackpot and they will be ok otherwise and the more likely scenario is time in the cellar.

Reply #860523 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Years ago

Agent 97, nickname is too good not to be in the league.

Reply #860524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a terrible signing they were doing decent until signing him. He provide nothing to the breakers and every time he entered for the kings I just turned the Television off. He's done in the NBL and that’s ok he can still play NBL1 but why sign this guy over younger players who could develop and become even better then he ever was

Reply #860529 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Because someone has to show those young guys how to be professional and build the culture especially in a new franchise.

Reply #860543 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Is Weeks really that guy, though?

Reply #860544 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Years ago

So has Krslovic, deal is yet to be announced

Reply #860551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weeks has more turnovers than points these days, he has the right agent though.

Reply #860556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"So has Krslovic, deal is yet to be announced" It was announced in an email this morning.

Reply #860567 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I mean, imports and everything, but how many mins some of these rotation-level dudes they've signed will probably set their ceiling. None of them are bad signings but Magnay (in theory, anyway) aside, not a lot of veteran contributors so far - Steindl streaky but capable of more probably, McVeigh possible starter quality, otherwise lots of guys who will need to take significant steps forwards

Reply #860571 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Agree AngusH.

Expect solid minutes from:

McDanial
Magnay
Import
Import

Potentially solid minutes from:

McVeigh
Bairstow

Impact from:

Steindal

Need development from -

Krslovic

Not sure about Weeks ie being able to reliability.

To me, it is one impact player both scoring and D short. There has also been talk of a Next Star from Roth which could be a smoky

Reply #860577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At this rate the Jacks will be signing Kev White.

Reply #860594 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon #594 Naaaaah - Perth can keep him: they need some players.

Reply #860609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White far superior to Weeks, check their stats out in season just gone, White plays defence as well.

Reply #860620 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

That's good anon #620 as I said Perth can have him, they need players.

Reply #860622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin White is a great player and a former Hobart Chargers player I believe Scout.

Reply #860624 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Yes, anon# 624 realise that - rate him (remember him as a player who played hard), have not stated otherwise.

cheers.

Reply #860625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Scout"
Gotta love a good scout, they know heaps

Reply #860650 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Gotta love a good anon always a anon

Reply #860654 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

"No, everybody's gotta learn, nobody's born knowin'.

Reply #860658 | Report this post

Daniel Felmingham  
Years ago

Jackjumpers have said they are likely to start announcing their imports next week, hopefully they have got some big names because they will definitely need them.

Reply #860669 | Report this post

Daniel Felmingham  
Years ago

Do any Hoops fans know when the 2021/2022 nbl schedule will be released?

Reply #860675 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Probably October.

There's still a pandemic, all sorts of lockdowns going on, and absolutely no certainty where they'll be able to play games. I'd expect this season to look much like last season in terms of fixturing only a few weeks at a time.

Reply #860681 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I have never been a fan of Gibbo but everything that posters have said that Weeks can/will bring is what Gibbo brings and more and I think he'd have made an outstanding inaugural captain.

Reply #860687 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

100% correct Proud, not sure they would command similar salaries though.

Reply #860689 | Report this post

Andre  
Years ago

^^^
Well the NBL does have a record of having muppet captains.

Reply #860692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the fact that there two decent young players that are unsigned and currently playing in Tasmania and both in super form might have something to do with it champ . Are you telling me you would rather have weeks instead of either purchase or duflemeaner ?

Reply #860694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo would have been lucky to have played half a season last season. Hearing "old man's" injury. So not ideal to have a player that can play half a season despite his enormous experience.

Reply #860700 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Years ago

Weeks is ok as a veteran presence on the roster. Sure they are going to need good imports but they are building a
team with a fair bit of experience. Dufelmeir could be a good signing, I think he could become a fair nbl player, but I
wouldn't even look at Purchase. Roth to me is as important as any import. If he’s a good coaching can get improvement from Magnay, McVeigh, McDaniel etc they will be ok.

Reply #860703 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Good post Crackers65, it is fascinating to watch the franchise come together.

Bit of Moneyball about the recruits. The list is still developing with a local spot and imports still to come.

Roth is a damn important part of the puzzle and at this stage unproven and unknown. He displays confidence hoping the rubber hits the road!

Reply #860713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo played as much as Weeks last season, Weeks sat on the bench with no time or so little at both NZ and Sydney. Gibbo is a Tasmanian and twice the player Weeks has ever been.

Reply #860716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weeks doesn't have an injury like Gibbo.

Reply #860718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You Don't rate purchase then ? The bit I’ve seen of him in nbl1 he looks good!

Reply #861390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Purchase is killing it in NBL1. The talk is Purchase to Phoenix and Duflemeier to United. If true that's a joke.

Reply #861399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo is also a grandfather of 3

Reply #861412 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

I reckon josh magette will sign as a import. He currently is playing for the usa team.

Reply #861423 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

What makes you say that Just a Fan?

Is it what you want or what you have heard?

Reply #861496 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

Check his following on Instagram, he recently followed tassie and follows the nbl and Clint S. could be a coincidence tho. I ain't got no one to hear from lol

Reply #861503 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Years ago

Weird coincidence that! Would be a smart signing if true.

Reply #861512 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754