This is just heartbreaking

Topic #48943 | Report this topic

Benno  
Years ago

Covid positive due to playing team USA/Bradley Beal+++

Reply #860852 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Well they're eluding to it but nothing has been confirmed, then Bogut followed up by posting a funny meme so who knows what the truth is just yet. It could just be that Bradley Beal is confirmed now and now we have something to worry about. I don't know.

If Boomers are out though, so too will be the USA and the whole competition will be a farce.

Reply #860855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut the anti-vaxxer just being Bogut.

Reply #860856 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Nigeria would have to be also yeah, if an Aus player has it? Our group would have 2 teams in it... Surely they hold the games back a little.

Reply #860859 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

well I'd like to think so. But Anstey also saying stuff. I don't know if Anstey is just reacting to Bogut or not. Bogut seems to be posting to create a bit of drama with 'say it isnt so" rather than something specific or something.

Reply #860860 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Bogut went full Karl beston with his approach to this one.

Reply #860861 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Bogut just posted "Boomers all good"

Reply #860863 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Olgun -

"As of this evening, every Australian Boomers player and official had returned a negative COVID-19 test, multiple sources told ESPN. The Boomers played Team USA on Tuesday in Las Vegas; since that game, the USA's Bradley Beal has entered health and safety protocols."

Bogut -

"Boomers all good"

THANK GOD!

Reply #860864 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

THANK GOD!!! I was stressing the f out

Reply #860866 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It seems like Bradley Beal isnt even confirmed yet so this all might be a mountain out of a mole hill. He probably was a contact of a case.

Reply #860868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beal didn't get the shot when offered, him and his wife are antivaxers

Reply #860870 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Now Olgun saying Bogut's tweet is about something completely different... What is the big fella on about now

Reply #860871 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

How long ago did we play the US? It can take a few days for infection to become detectable.

Reply #860876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He went nuts when he retired, atm is bashing Dan andrews for vic lockdown. Didn't say to much about Gladys though. His favourite guy to follow is a man that bashed his wife with a chopping board.

Reply #860877 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I think we might be seeing some sort of late roster change and Bogut is mimicking Karl Beston on it.

Wouldn't surprise me if someone is shipping out for Cooks or Giddey

Reply #860878 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The cryptic dickheadery of Olgun and Bogut needs to stop with the "Say it aint so Basketball Australia" and Olgun going "he's talking about something compleeeetly different". How about just tell us what it is, or say nothing. Or at least confirm that all Boomers and Opals are healthy, safe and ready to go chase some fucking medals?!?

Reply #860882 | Report this post

Tricks  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/OlgunUluc/status/1415638590499872781

Reply #860883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut is just seeking attention and Anstey is a drama queen.

Reply #860885 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Bogut is attention seeking as always. Don't get sucked in Hoops and leave this garbage to Twitter.

Reply #860886 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Because Olgun hasnt said anything different and alleges to have spoken to many sources my feeling is that Bogut's tweet probably isn't Boomer related at all. If it was something bad or scary I think Olgun would have at least alluded to it in some way. I think Bogut needs his head read after that Tweet. A lot of people really care about the Boomers and he knows what is going on with them right now, so it's pretty idiotic to have tweeted what he tweeted when he did.

Reply #860888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone met olgun, guy is an absolute chump.
Ask walsh.

Reply #860889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something Opals-related maybe? They are in Vegas too.

Reply #860890 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yeah I have met him. yes, he's a chump. reminds me Oswald Cobblepot (aka Batman's penguin). But he for whatever reason has that basketball job writing for ESPN so his words carry some weight.

Reply #860891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Likely a replacement Boguts tweeting about. Giddey for Sobey or cooks as they realise they need another big with Baynes knee still not right.

Reply #860892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Has anyone met olgun, guy is an absolute chump.
Ask walsh."

Which Walsh?

Reply #860893 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Bogut went full Karl best-tard on that tweet so I now hold his words with the kind of weight that everyone else seems to - very little.

Reply #860898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulez comes on here regularly attempting to show his "superior" knowledge, yet can't work out how long ago Australia player America? Ok

Reply #860899 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Now Chris Anstey inferring Opals...

Reply #860902 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

But he for whatever reason has that basketball job writing for ESPN so his words carry some weight.

Since the talent pool for basketball journalism in this country is so shallow/basically non-existent and Moldovan feeds him information Olgun kind of got in by default. He's more of a publicist for Octagon than anything else.

Reply #860906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully Mitchell cut and Whitcomb in

Reply #860907 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Could be Opals related with what Anstey replied to Heal but really... who even knows? It's been an Australian basketball jock strap convention on Twitter tonight with everyone saying something a bit stupid.

Reply #860909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut - Cambage Covid?
He would be in heaven.

Reply #860910 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

They've all taken a turn to be Karl Beston and infer theyre in the know, but disclose absolutely nothing

Reply #860913 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Anstey tweets:

"Boomers seem to be all good But..... Man facepalming"

Reply #860914 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Who is Karl Beston? That twat on Twitter who passes himself off as an hoops expert?

Reply #860917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

USA may be out.

Reply #860918 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"Who is Karl Beston? That twat on Twitter who passes himself off as an hoops expert?"

None other than!

Reply #860920 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

Perthworld you seem to hate moldavan or whatever his name is lol Why do u always talk about him?

Reply #860923 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Glad this thread cleared everything up then.

Reply #860930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boguts basketball IQ to normal IQ is mind boggling.

Olgun is okay when he sticks to reporting but when he tries to get into X and O's and analyse game play its absolutely cringe worthy.

Reply #860944 | Report this post

If there is a positive we ain't in Victoria so get them on the plane and lets head to Tokyo.

Reply #860949 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Discussions are underway about canceling tomorrow's pre-Olympic exhibition game between the Australian Boomers and Team USA, sources told
@WindhorstESPN
and I. The USA's Bradley Beal has been ruled out of the Olympics, while Jerami Grant is in COVID health and safety protocols.

(Olgun twitter)

Reply #860950 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Question regarding replacement players, how come teams like USA, Nigeria can still bring players in that weren't originally listed, but Australia can only use Giddey and Cooks as injury replacements? That's how I've understood it since the final team was announced.

Reply #860955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Karl Beston?

Reply #860956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just wondering, in light of this Cambage news:

Do you think maybe that's what Bogut’s initial "say it ain’t so" tweet is referring to, about the incoming Cambage stuff??

Reply #860960 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yeah, definitely cambage I'd say. Sounds like she not only got into a fight with Nigerian players but she's been going around vegas treating it like her own personal holiday while everyone else has been adhering to strict covid protocols.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/olympics/australian-star-liz-cambages-olympic-campaign-under-a-cloud-after-alleged-incidents-in-las-vegas/news-story/371004466f38d6215657825f51fdf62f?fbclid=IwAR1G06CABnOvmdq3SVvDr8t5QwiqXXoNpx3W3n-hLbmiLm1X0FmXMpuE8hk

It's okay though. She'll claim racism and people will buy it!

Reply #860961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait for
1. Mental health card. Can't isolate and follow protocols because of mental health issues
2. Try to fly the flag for mental health causes
3. Relate her 'mental health issues’ back to previous systemic racism
4. Accuse anyone of not buying this line as racist and an example of why she is like she is.
5. Blaming Olympic officials and teammates etc of being racist for taking a stance
6. Turning back on Australia
7. Dragging Ben Simmons into it

Reply #860965 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Ben Simmons would co-produce a victimhood documentary for her

Reply #860967 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Settle down ME, it's News Corp.

Reply #860968 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Wonder what happens with Boomers exhibitions now. I am sure the USA game has to be cancelled but what would we do from here? Not warm up until game 1? Play Spain in Vegas instead of USA? Get on the first flight to Tokyo and hunker down for a week?

Reply #860998 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"Get on the first flight to Tokyo and hunker down for a week?"

I could think of worst places to be. Uber eats that prime grade sashimi!

Reply #861000 | Report this post

Royba  
Years ago

Playing Spain would be good for both teams.
USA campaign a bit harder now maybe

Reply #861001 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Boomers USA game 2 cancelled

Opals USA still going ahead

Reply #861004 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Interesting that Spain still seems willing to play USA

Reply #861008 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Bogus has an excellent basketball brain, but no real sense of reality off the court, and no social filter at all.

He is a basketball idio savant. I respect his contributions on the court and in game leadership, but t he's Pete Evans level intellect when it comes to life skills.

Reply #861090 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

By the time they all finish in Japan, they will be lucky to have any not with Covid19...Japan does not want to hold the games due to their increased infection rates, but the IOC have insisted stating the TV rights and Sponsors will cost too much if they pull the games.
Let's just hope these athletes in all disciplines don’t end up having ongoing health issues after these game, it’s privdn vaccinations don’t stop you catching or spreading it, just potentially not getting seriously ill, but even that is not guaranteed.
Madness holding these games in this current climate.

Reply #861099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Australian athletes have been vaccinated.

Reply #861103 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

" Australian athletes have been vaccinated."

So had the paramedics in Sydney, the multiple health workers overseas, vaccines don't stop you contracting it, just hopefully reduces the severity of symptoms, you can still be infectious and vaccinated

Reply #861105 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The truth comes out about Cambage, and her willingness to "fight racism" while dishing some out to Nigerian players because she's not a hypocrite or anything

Reply #861150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone keeps saying words I wouldn't repeat.

Are they saying she used racist language or just swear words.

Like say she used racist language or she didn't.

No hypocrisy getting into a verbal fight. A lot of hypocrisy getting into a racist verbal fight.

Also a racist verbal fight should see her off the team for a while. And possibly suspended by any basketball organisation for a period of time (WNBA / WNBL)

Reply #862314 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754