Anonymous
Years ago

Boomers Olympic Plan B

I wonder what the scenario would have been if the boomers lost the majority of their players if Beal had coughed on a few during their game and tested positive?
Is there a plan b, players ready to take their place in Tokyo, or send a shorthanded team, or worst case forfeit? Saw an athlete can't go because she's tested positive, wonder if it could happen to a team. Would imagine a lot of b team players haven't been vaccinated either if in Australia.

Topic #48955 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

All Australian team vaccinated is my understanding

Reply #861116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct AOC has requirement athletes competing in Tokyo has the be vaccinated. The NBA were vaccinated in the US.

Reply #861123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talking about players not included in squad

Reply #861125 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I'd rather forfeit than send out a bunch of complete randoms and hope for the best. But I don't think it will come to that I think we "should" be fine. I mean, Beal was with his team every day in close quarters, training, eating, and we have no evidence of any of them having it. Chances are we are alright. Certainly hope so anyway!

Reply #861147 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

"Correct AOC has requirement athletes competing in Tokyo has the be vaccinated. The NBA were vaccinated in the US"

It doesn't look like Bradley Beal was vaccinated.

Reply #861177 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

E have Dr. seen people who were vaccinated still get it though.

Reply #861204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Simmons to answer the call in one of our nations darkest basketball moments. He along with Thon Maker, Motum and Bogut coming out of retirement lead a bunch of NBL players to a bronze medal. Cottons citizenship paperwork also gets rushed through and Lemanis makes a return as coach.

Reply #861206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'It doesn't look like Bradley Beal was vaccinated.'

Different Olympic confederation. We had divers withdrawal as they could not be vaccinated in time.

Reply #861227 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:13 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754