Ben
Years ago

Giddey's draft stock rising

Just finished listening to Bogut's latest pod where Gaze featured as a guest.

Pretty sure Gaze said he'd been told by a scout (or someone similar) that if teams didn't grab Giddey by #7, he'd be gone.

Bold claim I thought, so I checked the major mocks and Josh has risen a little on most of them. A good sign.

Yahoo - #10 to Pels

Ringer - #13 to Pacers

CBS - #14 to Warriors

NBADraft - #16 to Thunder (this one hasn't changed)

Topic #48972 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

7# to gsw apparently.

Reply #861596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how cool would in be if gsw also signed Simmons

Reply #861597 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I would love to see son of Wazza at GSW, but I feel like the Warriors are more likely to move their picks (or whoever they draft, if after the draft) for win now guys. Their championship window is getting smaller and I think they're gonna do whatever they can to win now.

Reply #861599 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I said after the NBL season he won't fall out of the Top 10. You've got to understand the psychology of NBA teams they're always freaking out about missing out on the next big thing.

The NBL gets scouted heavily by the NBA these days hence why a record number of guys are being signed by NBA teams straight out of the NBL. Anyone that knows anything about basketball can see Giddey has the potential to be a great player in the NBA.

I have no doubt he will end up being the greatest player Australia has ever produced.

Reply #861605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ this is laughable. Put down the goon bag Zodiac it's way too early

Reply #861638 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Time will tell how Giddey pans out.
Hoping me succeeds and plays for Australia.

Reply #861641 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

Anyone that knows anything about basketball knows that posters who start their comments with 'Anyone that knows anything about basketball knows' knows nothing about basketball but thinks they know vereything (including Nostraballmus)

Love Gidds. Hope he truly becomes a great.

Reply #861642 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

ESPN's mock draft had him at 8

Reply #862604 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Have seen him anywhere from 7 to 14. So almost certainly going to be a lottery pick.

Reply #862608 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

Pacers at 13

Reply #862612 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754