Is Vic Law confirmed?

Reply #863469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No but it would make sense.

Reply #863470 | Report this post

JB  
Years ago

If it's the best versions of Sobey, Patterson and Law turning up, then that would be a decent team. How serious was Law’s injury?

Reply #863471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moss' signing comes hot on the heels of Brisbane securing the services of former Illawarra Hawks big man Deng Deng and another tall in New Zealand international Jack Salt.

The Bullets hope to adding two more imports to their roster - Lamar Patterson and Vic Law – to their roster.

Law is recovering from ankle surgery, while Patterson has remained in Brisbane in the off-season to play for the Southern District Spartans in the NBL1 North competition.

Reply #863472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they get Duren, they might have a chance.

Are Asian players counted to roster, next stars are not.

Reply #863474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great signing, quality player. Get Law and Brisbane will be in business.

Reply #863478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i don't think duren comes dowb

Reply #863479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

vic law wouldn't be cheap for brissy

Reply #863480 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Hopefully it doesn't take him 2/3rds of the season to get in shape. 4th times a charm?

Reply #863481 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I was just thinking yesterday what are the Bullets doing about Patterson and here we are.

Very good news for the Bullets and I must admit I really do like watching him play. Hopefully by staying in Brisbane during the offseason he's able to start the season in decent shape.

Now if the Bullets are able to re-sign Vic Law and Hodgson they're starting to look quite good.

Reply #863482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Duren unlikely sure.
European ns big man?
College big man?
global academy?
Gapare not in college yet nz
If Asians don't count, kouame has proved himself from the phillipines.

Reply #863483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They can't sign hodgson unless they get rid of krebs.

Reply #863484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Assuming they get Law back that's a genuine championship team IMO.

Reply #863486 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

They can't sign hodgson unless they get rid of krebs.

Okay I didn't realise they had signed all their local players quota, I assumed Hodgson was holding them out for a better deal or something.

Assuming the Bullets aren't just going with two imports where to now for Matty Hodgson?

Reply #863487 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Great News for Brisbane KFC and Domino's.

Reply #863489 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"They can't sign hodgson unless they get rid of krebs."

"Okay I didn't realise they had signed all their local players quota, I assumed Hodgson was holding them out for a better deal or something"

Who have I missed, I only count 7 locals.

Reply #863490 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Yeah, and as he is playing in NBL1 North for the Southern Districts Spartans, chances are he is ready for pre-season, early, in game-shape, and for the whole season. Fantastic news.

With Moss, and now Patterson as imports, Bullets are still missing a gun PG and a starting centre with just 1 import spot available.

Available? What about Vic Law, still un-signed, I believe. Do you sign him or was it a case of Patterson or Law, for HC Duncan(keeping the 3rd import spot for a PG or C)?

Hard to imagine a better choice than Law but is he what this Bullets team needs for 2022?

Reply #863491 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

They've got 8 locals and 2 imports signed, one spot left can be import or local.

Reply #863492 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"They've got 8 locals"

Who did I miss, have they recently announced someone?

I only count 7: Drmic, Spudee, Scoobi, Deng, Krebs,Harrison and Salt.
Who did I miss?

Reply #863495 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Sobey, Cadee, Wigness, Krebs, Drmic, Deng, Harrison, Salt.

Reply #863498 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I thought Wigness was a Next Star?

Reply #863500 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Nup

Reply #863503 | Report this post

The Boss  
Years ago

This team won't win anything while they are playing Sobey as a PG

Reply #863505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He hasn't got down to any form of playing weight at Spartans. With the league jumping 20% in talent and athleticism this is not a good signing

Reply #863506 | Report this post

MD  
Years ago

I think anonymous #478 #486 are the same person. Sneaky bugger is definitely a huge Bullets fan.

I honestly cannot see any improvement on paper from last year... 2 years ago it would have been one of the best, but what can you honestly hope for from post Zinger stacker meal Patterson?

Even adding Vic Law again won't improve at all on last years team. Missing out on McCarron must have made them scramble abit.

Idk about Moss but wouldn't he be on the same level as Manny Malou? Don't know how NBL1 compares to the NZNBL.

IF Lamar returns to the way he was before the junk food binge, IF Sobey plays the way he did last year, IF Vic Law has another terrific year post-injury, IF the new additions thrive in a new environment, IF the team gels - then for sure they will make the top 4 but honestly it would be a safe bet now to count them out of it.

Reply #863508 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Does the contract include a skinfold clause?

Reply #863509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suspect Lamar might not be commanding the same salary so they may be budget for their 3rd import to be better.

Reply #863510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patterson can play like Inglis does for Australia, the point forward, this will help Sobey. I don't believe the new coach will allow Sobey to dominate the ball.

Reply #863512 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Patterson's played 2 games of NBL1.

Trajectory not good. If he couldn't get in shape last season why would he now?

I guess he's only 29 so we'll see

Reply #863529 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Years ago

Patterson has all the skills and talent to be one of the best players in the comp, unfortunately he's never got himself in elite shape. I actually felt disappointed for the Breakers last year, bloke started the season looking like he was about 20kgs over stocked.

Reply #863536 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

So two questions and I know you'll say that I'm jumping the gun but how much longer would Patterson need to be here to apply for citizenship ad this is his 4th season isn't it? Surely this signing is somewhat of a look to the future and how they could sign another import spot with him as a local

What would it take for him to have his #13 retired at the Brisbane Bullets, another 5 seasons with say another 3 All NBL team appearances?

Reply #863538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#538 he isn't that good to get his jersey retired. Come on now its a bit early to be on the turps

Reply #863541 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"he isn't that good to get his jersey retired"

Do you have to fit in your jersey to have it retired?

Reply #864067 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:25 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754