Isaac
Years ago

Westbrook traded to Lakers for Kuzma, Harrell, KCP

The Los Angeles Lakers acquire Russell Westbrook, a 2024 2nd Round Pick and a 2028 2nd Round Pick from the Washington Wizards in exchange for Kyle Kuzma, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Montrezl Harrell and the No. 22 pick in the 2021 Draft

Topic #49032 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Lakers will be a trainwreck next season.

What's that four teams in four years now for Westbrook? Stat padding chump.

Reply #863589 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Does this mean Beal is getting shipped too?

Reply #863596 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I guess Westbrook said he wanted Lakers and Washington just acquiesced? Not much in it for the Wizards unless it somehow wins them points with player agents or other league power brokers down the track?

Reply #863611 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

What's in it for the Lakers?

Reply #863619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Westbrook is still a very good player, if Lebron, Davis and Westbrook can keep injury free, that's a very nice three players.

Reply #863622 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Good question RJD! Westbrook did help the Wiz make a charge to the last postseason, but at first glance, you wouldn't think he is a perfect fit for the Lakers. I’m guessing Lebron okayed it though, so he has talked himself into the idea at least? Does this signal that the Lakers have accepted they won’t be able to retain Schroeder?

Reply #863626 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

HUGE lakers fan here, I watched every game of the last season... people think Dennis shot 40% from three. If anything he was a liability on the three. Slow release and not consistent. Most people that watch the games will know that Dennis was a slasher and a drive and kick type of guy who also was a good rebounding PG. westbrook is a upgrade on that definitely. Also last season especially the lakers would shit the bed when lebron wasn't on so at least westbrook and help lebron with minute loading. Im sure a shooter will be lined up, GM don’t make decisions without others in the work, especially not NBA.

Reply #863643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worth doing if they can get some vet shooting around them such a Redick.
Westbrook I think has two years left so although high cost, it's a short term risk.
Lakers won the championship a year ago without shooting, maybe they’ll do it again.
Be interesting to see who they can add on the perimeter.

Reply #863652 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

A big 3 or superteam.
Lakers look better now.

Reply #863653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol

Reply #863693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm going to assume it's just that Perth fan's sarcasm couldn't be picked up in his post.

Reply #863699 | Report this post

JB  
Years ago

Westbrook should at least help in the regular season, and lessen the load on Lebron and Davis, to keep them healthy for the playoffs.

Reply #863710 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:15 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754