Melbourne dude
Years ago

Cam Oliver playing for golden state summer league team.

Does he make the roster?

Topic #49039 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think kiefer Sykes is on a team as well

Reply #864255 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

A few rosters not complete yet ( for summer league).
Have seen a few other names familiar to us on the rosters...
Giddey with OKC
Vic Law with Lakers
John Mooney with Bucks
Jo Lual-Acil with Phoenix
Justin Simon with Phoenix
Jarrell Martin with Utah.

Reply #864257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I highly doubt Cam Oliver makes the league despite his play with Houston. He's got the talent and skill set but he doesn’t seem to want it enough. In saying that, I also highly doubt he will be back for the second year of his contract in Cairns

Reply #864263 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

There is no second year with his contract with Cairns. That contract got torn up when they released him and he then signed with Houston.

I know the NBL are being quite cheeky in pushing that line knowing most casual bball fans probably don't know better but you can't be under contract with two pro teams at the same time.

There is the possibility of course he chooses to re-sign with Cairns after they did him a solid by releasing him from his contract on compassionate grounds, which was obviously the route used by he and his agent to get him out from the Taipans contract so he could sign with the Rockets.

Reply #864265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair points.
But if I'm Cairns, I wouldn’t want him back.
He faded in and out last year and lacked intensity for most of the games he played. It wasn’t good enough for a guy they were relying on to stand up and be a leader.
They should get someone desperate to prove themselves, like year 1 Cam Oliver

Reply #864267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the problem with his play was the coach, maybe they said if you don't make league then come back coz Kelly isn't there.
God knows.

Reply #864269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cam said he'll only come back if Kelly isn’t the coach.
So expect him to be back.

Reply #864289 | Report this post

Shaggy  
Years ago

Yep. Love the NBA Summer League and how it gives those fringe players a chance to make a team.

Who's Ben Summons suiting up for........

Reply #864293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac his still contracted when they released him it didn't break the contract
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNy6MP7JtBI/ read this. he didn't get bought out or anything so he remains a contracted player

Reply #864374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac his still contracted when they released him it didn't break the contract
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNy6MP7JtBI/ read this. he didn't get bought out or anything so he remains a contracted player

Reply #864375 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:21 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754