carter
Years ago

SA Knockout Basketball Competition

SA Knockout Basketball Competition
the state school knockout competition in South Australia was meant to be next week. due to covid i assume it has been pushed back a couple weeks. if spectators are able to attend i im looking to go and check it out. in pervious years the same few kids tend to step and and steal that show, some may have graduated meaning this year might be a bigger team based competition.

some of my favorites in the past years have been:
BOYS
Sapwell for Trinity, fantastic 3 from nazarath, yaak, Marshall, Ipassou
GIRLS
Woosnam for Henley, Cotton and Vidmars for Immanuel.

The Nazareth team from last year was next level in the boys comp but seeing's though most of those boys have moved to COE or graduated i assume that ruins their chances of going back to back. Trinity are always strong Rupert always manages to put together a story group to compete each year and i hear Cabra's group is forever improving but in recent years i have not seen them live up to all the talk. Henley are going to be quite good watch a stream last month of them v encounter, they were looking good, got some talent which is surprising considering a public school.

The girls should be really interesting and competitive, what does everyone know about the teams. Cotton, Vidmar, and Stratford moving on from Immanuel will make it tough for them to win four in a row. Henley always go well, woosnam will look to finish her last year on a high, heard she has been going quite well in the ABA comp too. Brazel also goes to Seymore she will be tough to beat but i have seen her beat before so it should be interesting. Cabra have walker-roberts her sisters have been great to watch so if she is anything like them its going to be a tough field for the final.

any inside knowledge? i would like to know who to keep an eye on and which games will be good. is there any schools i have missed or any super b players ready to shine?

Topic #49042 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone's hoping to get their name mentioned...

Reply #864468 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Who cares. Except if you write it...

Reply #864474 | Report this post

carter  
Years ago

asking as it usually brings out the best in players as they are not stuck within the structured plays of their clubs

Reply #864517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No carter. Just no.

Reply #864583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"surprising considering a public school"...sit down carter you pompous tool.

Reply #864584 | Report this post

carter  
Years ago

do not understand how i am wrong in saying that. Private schools offer the best players scholarships, quite hard for government schools to match that

Reply #864604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kids don't even take these tournaments seriously.

A good excuse for a day off school hanging out with mates

Reply #864609 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yawn .....

Reply #864629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like carter spends a fair bit of time loitering around school gyms....that's not weird at all…..

Reply #864647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do u care so much about a non-important school tournament, just seems a bit weird especially when ur naming all these under 18 year olds.

Reply #864654 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754