Isaac
Years ago

Taipans sign third import, Tahjere McCall

Topic #49068 | Report this topic

Senator11  
Years ago

Signing a Cotton stopper seems to be all the rage...

Reply #865973 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Hopefully produces a Newbill type impact for Cairns.

Reply #865979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Played last season for Orleans Loiret Basket in French Pro A.

18 games / 21mpg

6.1ppg / 3.3rpg / 2.6apg / 1.1spg

41.1% FG / 23.1% 3P / 78.9% FT

Be interesting to see how this translates to NBL and specifically the Adam Forde Cairns Taipans.

Team mate China Moneke gave them 13.7ppg / 6.5rpg

Reply #865985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very good league pro A, Orleans are normally close to the bottom of table but made playoffs in 8th, this could be a very good signing.

Reply #865988 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Legit question, and not intending to be antagonistic, but how confident are the Taipans (and anyone else) that Cam Oliver will return.

Reply #865991 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Interesting signing by the Taipans. Can't shoot the 3 that well it seems so I can’t see McCall replacing Newbill. It’s all about how McCall defence players in NBL.

NBL season probably won’t start till December. Looking how the Government is dealing with the vaccine rollouts we have no chance that the season will start in October. Even Tasmania got 1 case today.

Reply #866010 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Does anyone have any idea what the NBL Finals format will be for NBL22?

I'm dying to know if they will stay with the boring top-4 or extent it to top-6.

Reply #866012 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

How do we pronounce his first name?

Ta-Jiri?

Reply #866030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be lucky to start December at present, Victoria and Queensland might be in some control but nsw is a total basket case. SA , Tasmania and WA have done very well as NZ so maybe move kings and hawks out.

Reply #866042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taj- ere

Reply #866048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is MCcall the starting sf or the sg

Reply #866108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So oliver is back?

5'11 S.Machado(i)/6’2 J.Kenny
6’4 T.McCall(i)/6’3 M.Djeric
6’7 K.Noi/6’5 J.Ngatai
6’10 M.Deng/6’9 K.Pinder
6’8 C.Oliver(i)/6’10 N.Jawai

This squad has not improved.

Need Baynes and a ns.

Reply #866109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if Oliver returns they should sign him to a 3 yr deal

Reply #866110 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

Did anyone see on cairns "introducing...Tahjere McCall" post DJ Newbill commenting that the club owes him money? This was on Twitter btw.

Reply #866111 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I saw it - despite being in the LK era we still have a player not bring paid what he is owed. Never change NBL.

Reply #866116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After a year, I call bs

Reply #866117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Said he was offered contract after scott signed his and declined.

Reply #866118 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Years ago

Fair signing. Primarily Defensive minded wing I'm guessing. Although I’m not all that convinced yet. One thing Newbill did well apart from being great defensively, was being a playmaker. Creating shots for himself, and for others. That’s why the team was so great. They had two great playmakers who were equally offensive threats, in DJ & Scott, which allowed Machado and Oliver to work off the ball, and rest when Newbill had the ball in his hands. I haven’t seen much playmaking from McCall so far from his highlights, but will be interesting to see how this group goes this season.

Reply #867357 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Years ago

Also I'm hoping if in case Cam Oliver gets an NBA gig, maybe going after someone of a similar physical stature and playing style attributes... Omari Spellman? 6’9 - 245 lbs, athletic stretch four. Bounced around a couple NBA Teams, former first round draft pick.. Played at Villanova, in their championship year.

Reply #867358 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:28 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754