Anonymous
Years ago

Boomers Tokyo Video

Hi all,

I've made a video as a bit of a tribute to the Boomers.

I have no background on video editing so it’s very amateurish. A lot of the material got taken out due to copyright claims (e.g. the medal ceremony) so that made it choppy. So in the end I kind of gave up but maybe someone can enjoy it.

Hopefully someone who has some skills can make a good version of it one day!

https://youtu.be/3TH4baTM4ME

Topic #49106 | Report this topic

Dugless  
Years ago

I wanna say that was very well done for no video editing background, i enjoyed it!

Reply #867491 | Report this post

mball  
Years ago

I enjoyed it also. Thank you for making it.

Apparently the Boomers are in the process of making one also. Can't wait!

Reply #867498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks, glad some enjoyed it

Reply #867543 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Great job mate, thank you for putting it together.

Reply #867567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks mate! Wish you guys could see the full version before youtube cut out the copyrighted clips

Reply #867568 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Great video. I think I had tried to block memories of the end of that Spain game in Rio. I was screaming at the call again.

Reply #867650 | Report this post

Boomer611  
Years ago

Excellent video! I love the start where it builds up from when our core is young. Watching London Olympic highlights shows that while we weren't contenders at the time, we had something special.

I hope they make a video that chronicles not just these Olympics but everything that built up to it. Bogut arising from our rebuilding phase in 2004, Patty showing no fear as a teenager against the might of USA in 2008. Our young core of Mills, Ingles, Baynes and Delly coming together to plant the seeds of chemistry and culture that would underpin our Boomers mentality. Then the promise and heartbreak of the 2016 and 2019 campaigns before the breakthrough as we add the athletic missing pieces in Tokyo.

There's a YouTube channel, NBAussie films. He's done some great recaps of our previous campaigns and has amazing talent to put together the right music that encapsulates the ebb and flow of the games and tournaments. I reckon he'd be amazing but he's now working full time with someone and hasn't got the time anymore. If you haven't seen them go check out his YouTube channel. I watched the PRIDE 2016 video to pump me up before the semi final and final

Reply #867702 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

Great Job Man! Well done! Very inspiring to see! Quality can be better but other than that man, good job! Hope you make more videos dude and possibly a proper channel! Thanks man, appreciate your effort!

Reply #867705 | Report this post

Jojo5  
Years ago

Good job - really enjoyed it

Reply #867707 | Report this post

JT  
Years ago

That was great! Nice work dude. That may have been the first time I've rewashed the end of the 2016 bronze game since it happened, very tough to see. It makes this tournament all the more special.

Reply #867774 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Nice work man! I think I teared up again at the 3:10 mark. :')

Reply #867857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for the feedback. Really glad to hear some enjoyed it!

Reply #867969 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

That was good stuff. Loved the early Jingles and Patty interview where they basically said if we keep the team together after Rio it would be fantastic.

Reply #868090 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Great video, loved it, thanks!

One improvement would be, if there's a way to find Beijing 2019 footage

Reply #868091 | Report this post

Silesti  
Years ago

Good job, pal!

Reply #869026 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:30 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754