Fry
Years ago

NBL Survey

The NBL recently put out a survey (I got it from Instagram, not sure how else to access it.) It is for information about the sports you follow and our opinion on the NBL. GO and fill it out if you want and what are your thoughts on it? What changes do you think the league should make in the coming season(s)?

Topic #49109 | Report this topic

Ben  
Years ago

Reintroduce live commentary teams at games. Bunker sucks the big one.

This was a common point also made by others on NBL reddit who'd completed the survey.

Reply #867643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd would suggest you’re stuck with the bunker until COVID is gone. Less moving parts

Reply #867644 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It came in pre-COVID, and was saving the league a ton of money.

Reply #867646 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Get rid of Homicide and Heal.

Reply #867648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Get rid of Homicide and Heal"

I wasn't going to bother with the survey but that is such a compelling point that I think I now have to

Reply #867649 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" and was saving the league a ton of money."

I think they made a comment that it wasn't really saving money.

I would assume it saves money and would very much hope it does.

Olympics was bunker style from Australia, obviously.

I’m fine with it - I just wish they’d give Casey a home studio situation or something so he could commentate the bloody games.

While we are on it - people’s thoughts on Boguts Olympics commentary and doing NBL games every now and then?

I mean I wouldn’t be against it - popular amongst the casual masses, can bring intelligent basketball comments when he’s not being an idiot or constantly pushing people off fences or mentioning two-for-one. He sways between irritating and interesting. I think Casey-Gaze-Bogut trio is good because Casey brings that Breen style tempering to the Gaze/Bogut characters.

Reply #867673 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I liked Boges as a third wheel on the Olympic team. Chimed in with insight when needed, didn't overdo it. Wouldn't mind him on NBL games in a similar capacity.

Reply #867682 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Agree. If anything, I'd drop Casey

Reply #867684 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What's wrong with chu Hoopie

Reply #867685 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Sometimes Casey goes too hysterical for me, but that's only a minor hassle.

The three were great in the Olympics, and light years ahead of Homicide and Heal.

Reply #867686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey Williams adds the urban flavour to the NBL. The commentary team is already to vanilla.

Reply #867687 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The NBL recently put out a survey (I got it from Instagram, not sure how else to access it.)

The survey was publicised in Friday's NBL e-mail newsletter:
NBL Fan Engagement Survey

Reply #867713 | Report this post

CW  
Years ago

Have live commentary, but with local commentators to save cost.

We don't need just one voice of the NBL flying around.

Reply #867772 | Report this post

Fry  
Years ago

Cheers Perthworld. Also what's this newsletter thing, is it like a membership or subscription thing?

Reply #867794 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

https://nbl.com.au/pages/subscribe

Reply #867803 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Have live commentary, but with local commentators to save cost.
That's what they were doing before the hub. The flights are far from the only cost.

Reply #867807 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

I know not many people on this forum were interested in the NBL Cup. My suggestion I put in the survey was for the 2022 NBL Cup to be a separate competition from the regular NBL season.

Have the 2022 NBL Cup in 2 groups.

North Group:
Brisbane
Cairns
Illawarra
Sydney
New Zealand

South Group:
Adelaide
Melbourne
Perth
S.E. Melbourne
Tasmania

All teams in their groups play each other twice. Once at home and once away. Top-4 of each group goes through to the quarterfinals. Bottom teams eliminated.

Top seeds of North/South will play the fourth seeds of North/South. Then second seeds of North/South will play the third seeds. Have only two games with the aggregate score system like the European competitions use.

Same goes for semifinals and Grand Final could be the same, otherwise best-of-3 or just the one Grand Final that the top seed will host.

Reply #867884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think your idea is great but would it make sense just playing elimination finals for quarters, semis and final?

See if the shorten finals system works and see how many members will attend. I do like playing each team once at home and once away. Groups would be a good idea because it would work in a smaller competition like the Cup rather then the Regular season which would have heaps of issues. South group seems stronger than North in my opinion?

Reply #867887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think North is just a tad weaker.

Bottom 2 teams which are Breakers, Taipans but Kings and Hawks are strong. Bullets are usually in the middle.

South is stacked. Perth always good, United are solid. Phoenix can be really good and really bad.
Adelaide you think would finish bottom. JackJumpers are a unknown because none of us seen them play yet?

Reply #867888 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

It's just one of my ideas. The NBL should consider groups just for the NBL Cup.

See if it works or not?

Reply #868019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JackJumpers would finish bottom in that South group, but Perth needs to get a move on. No coach, only 1 star import then just some roll players and vets.

Reply #868021 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:37 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754