TaipansTragic
Years ago

Notable NBA Free Agents - Potential NBL signings?

Came across twitter thread below. Saw a few names that were surprising to see still unsigned at this stage of free NBA and NBL Free agency. With training camps beginning soon, there are few names that would be great additions to the NBL I believe. Note: The names i've tossed up, is assuming they have more chance of getting an NBL contract than an NBA one.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PTsports84/status/1427642067937804298

PG's - I.Thomas, D.Smith Jr, D.Exum, R.Arcidiacono, J.Teague...
SG's - H.Diallo, L.Galloway, T.Johnson, T.Pinson, C.Martin...
SF's - D.Valentine, D. Miller, A.McKinnie, S.Thornwell, J.Jackson...
PF's - J.Vanderbilt, P.Patterson, D.Wilson, N.Vonleh, T.Maker...
C's - D.Cousins, M.Chriss, H.Giles, M.Leonard, J.Henson...

There are much more on the list.... but those are a few that stood out to me, and that I hope will be on an NBL Roster - 2021/22 season.

Be interested to hear what anyone else thinks about who out of those listed in the twitter thread would be more likely to end up on an NBL Roster this season.

Topic #49125 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings should sign kung fu thon

Reply #868080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If JVG was still running the kings, Maker would be a certainty, I think Smith is smarter than than. Exum could be great though.

Reply #868094 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Exum will land back in NBA even if it is third string and minimum wage.

Reply #868095 | Report this post

Edward Bets  
Years ago

The quality of Next Stars overall has been as good as any year. The import names haven't jumped off the page yet but perhaps they will in the next few weeks.

Isaiah Thomas is getting a workout with the Lakers, but not even a two way contract offer anywhere else. His massive numbers in the whatever league can't be taken too seriously.

Reply #868097 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Years ago

Heck, I would still sign Isaiah Thomas if I had the money. The NBL has always been a great league for undersized NBA Point Guards. He averaged 12pts in 23mps with the Wizards, and 7.7 in 16mps with the Pelicans. Good numbers and still very much productive. He'd be a great addition to the league. If Jerome Randle could light up the league, I have no doubt IT could too. The only thing is his high usage rate. But I wouldn't mind him at SEM though.

Reply #868098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IT just went off in the pro leagues. Just had a workout with the Lakers. He isn't coming to bum fuck idaho Australia

Reply #868100 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

IT doing daily workouts in the hope of getting a 10 day or two-way contract is kinda sad. There must be a part of him that would want to prove he's fully healthy and can play long minutes. The NBL should try to get him a contract with an NBA out clause. The international eye balls on every game would probably rival when Lamelo was here.

Reply #868101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic Law at Brisbane would be great.

Reply #868104 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

Damn, I really feel bad for Thomas. He deserves better but it is what it is. Professional basketball is unforgiving, one day you are offered 84 Mill like Schroder and the next day you are signing a mid level exception which is still a lot of money but you know what I mean. I.T at his highest value was a 2nd all NBA team member and was in the conversation for MVP at one point. Hope he can revive his NBA career through playing in the NBL/Oversees or signing a minimum contract in the NBA.

Reply #868109 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I am a Celtics fan.

Thank Christ we didn't give him the Brinks truck he wanted.

Like Randle in the NBL he has to score 30+ just to offset the points bled on the other end.

Reply #868119 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754