Mystro
Years ago

Breakers officially announce Siva

NZ finally have confirmed the signing of Import PG Peyton Siva for 21/22.

Topic #49139 | Report this topic

PyroCross  
Years ago

Super looking forward to the Tai Webster-Peyton Siva backcourt - two Euro-level guards figuring it out. And with Siva's Polynesian heritage, there could be a chance he sticks around?

Reply #868488 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers are looking stacked, unfortunately with Covid they're likely to spend another season getting bounced around Australia with no home games.

Reply #868489 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

I do wonder about the schedule for next season with the amount of flux we have - particularly with NSW. Could be as likely for Illawarra/Sydney to be on the road for much of the season too.

Quietly hoping for an NBL Cup in New Zealand (as a way to thank the Breakers for being offshore), though the likelihood of that idea lessens by the day..

Reply #868492 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

At the same time, not having to worry about out-of-shape Lamar Patterson helps too.

Reply #868493 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Yeah having your marquee import turning up in shape and ready to play will be a good start to the season for NZ after Patterson.
It'll be interesting to see which version Brisbane get this year.

I guess the Breakers will announce Besson in the next couple of days.

Peyton Siva has amazing pedigree, can’t wait to watch him go to work and Tai should be much better without the ball in his hands all the time.

Reply #868495 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Years ago

I really like the idea of the NBL Cup being played in New Zealand! But unfortunately I think the Breakers will have to be based in Australia again this season. Be good if they can find a permanent base for situations as such, maybe in QLD?

Reply #868505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very, very good signing, nz and kings look stacked. As above start with cup in nz, certainly if they can get covid out.

Reply #868512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No cup planned at this stage.

Reply #868524 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Peyton Siva has amazing pedigree, can't wait to watch him go to work and Tai should be much better without the ball in his hands all the time.

I still can't believe he's coming! I will be interested to hear in media interviews what made him choose the NBL.

Reply #868530 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Based on what I've read in NZ, one of the drivers was Polynesian heritage (his father's Samoan) - so that's very cool.

I asume Dieng and Besson will be in NZ soon (surely both have MIQ spots booked), which means we're only waiting for 2 players to arrive (Bach and WMW). Considering last season we had such issues getting everyone in the same place, having the time together to train is a luxury the Breakers have never had.

Definitely agree the Breakers will start the season in Oz. I'm also hopeful NZ can both manage the current lockdown (well, more confident than NSW/Qld/Vic's management), and open the trans-Tasman bubble to states not in the East Coast (WA/SA/TAS).

Reply #868534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Old has been outstanding of managing covid, true gold standard, nsw woeful, vic nearly as bad.

Reply #868535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only reason covid is bad in NSW and VIC is because there are lots of people living in those's cities. The size of Melbourne and Sydney are huge too.

Population is the main cause. Covid is almost impossible to control unless you have a low population or your city is isolated like WA, SA and Tassie.

Would love to move to a smaller country town. Cities have gone mad.

Reply #868541 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754