MyCousin
Years ago

36ers Weekly News format change

Might be coincidence, but can't help but feel the club is hiding on the back of the news this week.

Weekly news email seems to have changed - its only from the CEO now, and doesn’t have the direct email addresses.

Guess they don’t want the questions coming directly at them from the public this week?

Topic #49163 | Report this topic

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Any word on Teys?

Reply #869098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crass organisation.

Reply #869099 | Report this post

Hopscotch 66  
Years ago

One of the few good things the Club used to do when Kavenagh was GM was keep us regularly informed and Ben have his direct details - I spoke to him directly twice. The news was not always good, but he took the time and cared. Now he;s gone, not sure anyone cares

Reply #869102 | Report this post

lo 47  
Years ago

haha - when good news, Kelly is front and centre - when bad news (which is often) Kelly is nowhere to be seen

Reply #869103 | Report this post

Phobos 55  
Years ago

correction lo - suggest you'll see him Port Adelaide FC, who he promptly joined when the Crows knocked his generous offer to Chair the Club back

Reply #869110 | Report this post

MyCousin  
Years ago

Can you imagine what state the crows would be in if he had gotten the chair position?

He has hardly coated himself in glory since taking over the 36ers. I could only imagine....

Reply #869129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glory or not - at least Kelly has kept the 36'ers alive. what should we all debate, if the 36'ers was no more? Connor's departure and how it happened is nothing different to what takes place everyday in other businesses. At least he was told face to face and for sure he will get a reasonable payout, while now with Covid many are let go via a zoom meeting . Who will be the next coach is much more interesting?

Reply #869134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Grant

Reply #869140 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Club making tough decisions. Seems to show strength in my opinion. OK so some don't like but hard decisions hsrd to be made. Perform or there is the door. If coach not the right person after very average year and circumstances suggest that likely to continue well management every right to made the calls.. inaction is far worst than action... glad 6ers showing they will only accept success- been far long the moral compass of good guys -its professional winning only thing that matters..

Reply #869142 | Report this post

Pig 72  
Years ago

Thanks Grant.

Reply #869144 | Report this post

Red 74  
Years ago

Club indeed making tough decisions, but if it didn't make so many crap decisions in the first place ...…

Reply #869146 | Report this post

Delos 42  
Years ago

I'll go back to the Club when it gets Mitch Creek back. Disgraceful the way he was treated. Heart and soul player.

Reply #869147 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Delos 42.. you can't be serious... as much as love our sixers you got to.move forward sunshine. Unless head up arse.. can't keep wishing for yesterday - ain't going to happen ...

Reply #869153 | Report this post

Charon 52  
Years ago

Agree re Creek. Was key reason I was involved. When 6ers stitched Creek. I left, never to return .... except when they play my new team the Phoenix. Luv ya Creeky

Reply #869154 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Every thing is just a mess
KEV WHITE FROLING DRMIC sobey CREEK RANDLE now conner henry they all left for a reason this management needs nbl help fast

Reply #869156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If that list is why people are hating on JVG then its the fans in the wrong not the Club.

Seriously Creek's issues are public and the rest of that list has hardly gone on to dominate elsewhere.

Reply #869159 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

Anon #159 amen lol

Reply #869171 | Report this post

Titan 71  
Years ago

It's pretty clear the new CEO isn’t writing these emails. They are scripted and crafted by the PR department.

At least you could tell Ben Kavenagh’s were written by him - they weren’t just a bland summary of what happened that week, they had actual thoughts and feelings from the man running the club.

Not sure the current guy has any real thoughts - or maybe just doesn’t want us to hear them.

Reply #869177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure Creek has more issues than those that are public.

Reply #869182 | Report this post

Jo  
Years ago

I remember responding pretty strongly to one of Ben's emails, probably thinking no one would ever read it, then was a little shocked to not only get a response via email but an offer to chat direct. I felt like the guy really cared. Not getting that feeling any more

Reply #869214 | Report this post

Triton 73  
Years ago

Tend to agree. The new format is really boring. I probably won't be getting them much longer as have zero interest in continuing my membership now

Reply #869215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back to CH, I keep thinking about the meme that couldn't this meeting just be done by email.

Reply #869217 | Report this post

Ganymede 78  
Years ago

Looks like the filters are on for Voldemort 2.0!

The comments posted by V2.0 and his lackeys are pretty obvious - and it appears they are reading by the fact the filters are now on.

I was told that staff at the club were asked to make up hoops accounts and post comments to say positive things about him.

Reply #869247 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The filter was applied at least a few months ago from memory - about the time when one poster started referring to him as Mr. Kelly. Obvious is obvious.

Reply #869256 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Filter?

Reply #869275 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Filter!

Reply #869276 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

If you type in Kelly's surname using the correct spelling it blocks your post. Voldemort all over again.

Reply #869277 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Error 9.083.1895.21. Content issue. Please contact Hoops if you continue to receive this notice.

Reply #869278 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I mean a lot of people love saying shit without actually knowing the person or having any inside knowledge of the 36ers whilst sitting, behind an alias on the same website where if anyone gives them shit will react badly.

A nice mixture of slander, hypocrisy and keyboard warrior behaviour.

Imagine if one of your names got plastered with inaccuracies by people who don't have a clue?

Don’t sook about someone if you couldn’t handle it either!

Reply #869279 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's pretty obvious most people on here have no clue, and this site has what, 17 users?

Nobody in their right mind would give a shit.

Reply #869280 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That's easy to say

Reply #869282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I for one in my right mind totally don't give a shit.

Reply #869283 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If you're a public figure, people are going to talk shit about you on the internet. It's a reality of the job. Nobody who actually has any relevance to you is going to pay any attention to it, unless of course you start throwing lawsuits around and that blows the story up.

Reply #869288 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Everyone's a public figure in some way shape or form.

People are allowed to pursue legal protections - the internet isn’t a consequence-free place.

If you want to shit talk someone on the internet, be willing to take the consequences and don’t sook when the website takes legal precautions for themselves either.

Reply #869291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread has more shit than a blocked dunny .

Reply #869293 | Report this post

Nix 27  
Years ago

Agree KET, everyone is entitled to take the actions available to them - whether or not they do just says what is important to them.

If the comment about getting club staff to post here in support of the owner is true.... Again, his club, and he can do what he wants, but it does speak volumes about who he is.

Reply #869325 | Report this post

Hydra 41  
Years ago

Looks like we've gone from boring news, to no news! This new CEO is clearly not the personal type. Just checking if anyone else got usual email last Friday? I’m not renewing membership, so maybe I’ve been cut off, but I had been getting it until last week.

Reply #870989 | Report this post

Ariel 23  
Years ago

No, I didn't get either now you mention it. I’ve renewed, but after all the changes of late and the way the club continues to treat people so badly, thinking it might be the last time I do after over 20 years!

Reply #870990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Call a plumber

Reply #870993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely seems to be a mindset change in the office. Just commercial dollars now. Members the last priority it feels

Reply #871024 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think those in the Sixers office are too busy posting on here these days.

Reply #871033 | Report this post

Triton 73  
Years ago

Haha. Word is they have been instructed to! Seems they're not even good at that as those with serious concerns about the club seem to be lion share if posters.

Reply #871034 | Report this post

Rabbit 29  
Years ago

If the 6ers ownership are worried about things written on here, the God help them!

Reply #871139 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:25 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754