Stevy
Years ago

FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers is done!

Taiwan beats Guam by 3 points on the aggregate setup in a 2 game series to take the final spot for the Asia Cup!

Game 1 - Guam defeats Taiwan (77-72)

Game 2 - Taiwan defeats Guam (85-77)

Final 16 qualified teams!

Australia
Bahrain
China
India
Indonesia
Iran
Japan
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Lebanon
New Zealand
Philippines
South Korea
Saudi Arabia
Syria

Topic #49166 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing Taiwan, neverthought they would make it

Reply #869207 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

@207

Yep Taiwan brought a better roster than the one they sent for the last window, while Guam missed some key players. Either way, it was anybody's game, no excuses, and simply the better team won. Congratulations to Taiwan!

Reply #869210 | Report this post

Nachos95  
Years ago

I heard Ross was playing his trade in NBL1 Central for the West Adelaide Bearcats. Sad he was stuck in SA and couldn't help his National team. Same to any other players who couldn’t get flights.

Guam were super close. After this pandemic is under control Guam will comeback stronger.

Well done to Taiwan. Taiwan’s been through so much with China. Really do hope Taiwan becomes an independent country. Even Hong Kong has copped it since signing that agreement with China. Great Britain did a much better job looking after them.

Reply #869226 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

@Nachos95

Taiwan almost choked, but it is what it is. Despite everything that happened, they still had a solid chance to win the game, especially with a 5 point aggregate lead going into the second game. In fact, if you watched it, you could see that both teams had terrible late game executions. Taiwan almost choked, but unfortunately, Tai Wesley made a god awful turnover at the end which gave the game away. 

I don't think Taiwan will become an independent country, especially with how powerful China is now. Even though the US does not formally recognize Taiwan, I think only a small number of countries recognize Taiwan, even Australia does not recognize it. China won't do trade with any country if they recognize Taiwan. With the way the US is handling the situation in Afghanistan, I don't think that they would do much even if China ends up occupying China, which is sad. 

Reply #869231 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:01 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754