frustrated
Years ago

big v awards

so big v not gonna give awards to individuals now?? what kind of bs is this?? players played, they deserve some type of recognition for the work they put in. basically big v actin like this season never happened yet they keep the money... this is crazy

Topic #49181 | Report this topic

XTR  
Years ago

Na, coaches were asked for nominations the other day. Pretty sure going ahead.

NBL1 not doing awards maybe you've confused the two.

Reply #869737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frustrated is correct. Message passed onto my Team this morning. I get it but feel like, did we even play and did we matter. Bring on next season and I hope we all play each other once in first 10 rounds.

Reply #869795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL1 not doing awards maybe you've confused the two.

I haven't heard anything about this for NBL1. In fact, most state NBL 1 leagues are just getting into the finals.

Reply #869809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL1 South no awards

Reply #869810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Says on the Big V website they will not be giving out team awards or any individual awards... totally understandable for the team awards but to not give anything to the players who worked hard after an entire year off is a disgrace. money in the pockets of Big V and nothing to show in any type of way for those who participated.

Reply #869814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Before this sounds like sour grapes on my behalf

I killed it this season and was right up there in a couple of categories

I was gonna play bottom couple of teams in last few weeks which would have bumped me well up and probably won
So what they are saying is right can't have fair winners cause of the unbalanced draw in end with so many COVID rounds lost

Now please no cheap shots on me lol yes I reckon I would have smashed these games and then won !!!!!!!

Can’t say someone is best when you only play like two thirds of a season !!!!!! Face it 2021 just write off the year and rest of year clean slate for next year hoprefykky

Reply #869864 | Report this post

G man  
Years ago

This cracks me up this bloke declaring himself he would have won

Love the confidence though which club do you play for? we need someone like you down with us you must be a jet

But you do have a very good point and I agree totally can't give awards when so many games were cancelled and so many different people could lay claim to having a real chance of winning

Would just be token awards and debatable
So I’m presuming the ones whinging here are the current leaders in their awards lol wake up boys you need to earn it not be given some token thing it’s not under 8s here haha ha

Reply #869867 | Report this post

Strange world  
Years ago

Hahahahahaha
So funny how ridiculous some people r

You expect awards to be given when some teams played like 11 of only 18 like Mildura that's only just over half their games

Oh yeah play half a season but I was the best so give me a trophy lol as John McEnroe would say " you can’t be serious “ bahhhhhhaaaahaaaaa

Ladies gents settle down why you even posting this stuff hahahahaha . Your embarrassing yourselves are you trophy cabinets that bare are they lol

Under 8s awards hahahahaha so true g man why does every one in world think they are owed something nowadays lol

Can hear it
“Oh I was the best player this year was awesome the other guy only played like 12 games and he didn’t play the bottom teams and I played em twice so I win man awesome man being given this award “

Strange world we live in hahahaha

Under 8s awards haha crying soooooo true next thing participation awards these guys will want hhhhhhhaaaaaaa to fill their trophy cabinets

Reply #869869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did the 'pro' in d2 have an award winning season?

Reply #869873 | Report this post

Strange world  
Years ago

Yes of course there will be absolute standouts
But can't give em out based on 1 or 2 players

Again strange world this topic sums things up currently crazy blllllllaaahhhhhhaaaaaa

Reply #869877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

funny people who talking from the outside... as players, we deserve recognition for what we did. enough games were played to know who deserves awards and who doesn't. just haters whose kids weren't good enough on here, fact is big v just finding reasons to act like nothing happened this year while they collect a check

Reply #869891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe go pick your dummy up. Season was a bust so no awards, simple.

Reply #869892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big v this year was probably the lowest quality on court in its existence. So I can understand guys who otherwise would never have chance at picking up an award in a full strength league being upset. Likes on socials need to be kept at a high!!

Reply #869899 | Report this post

Awards are done on coaches votes also for all star 5 mvps etc you realise

So go figure when some teams played a few more games than other teams how is that fair or giving you correct winner

Exactly get the dummy out for these people complaining and get the violin out and I'm a coach for your info

And your stats awards completely irrelevant cause players played bottom teams twice compared to others so hence they get inflated better stats

So again irrelevant and unjust on all if they awarded these also

Reply #869917 | Report this post

donotreach  
Years ago

As a coach I was asked to vote for awards so that tells me they are handing something out or why would I be asked 2 weeks ago.

Reply #869925 | Report this post

Think intention was still proceed with awards if season was completed

but cancelled so season then declared a bust overall and that it was a bust - bloody covid
Wonder if 2022 will be a bust too hard to stay positive I haven't been on court that bloody long now

Reply #869926 | Report this post

G man  
Years ago

Thank goodness for these posts give me humour every day

Season was a complete bust agree with all the stuff in here

These guys thinks it's like under 8s everyone gets a participation certificate do they . So good

Bare trophy cabinets at home if these blokes . Absolute gold

Literally crying love it amd so true
Grow up you whinegong and move on and earn a legit award

Maybe big v will send you a participation certificate for your bare trophy cabinet hey hhhhhhaaaaaaa

Reply #869927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can coaches votes be fair, and yes 2 weeks ago they were asked to nominate Defensive Player of the Year. but to put this is perspective Corio Bay 2nd on Div1 men ladder never played Keysborough, doesn't matter the outcome but coaches did not even get chance to vote. No matter your alliance the outcome would have been ........well unfair

Reply #869936 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754