RobT
Years ago

Retraction re: Sunshine Coast in NBL1 2022

My sincere apologies to all who care, for posting on this forum. that the 2 NBL1 teams representing the Sunshine Coast region are uniting for season 2022 and onward.

Have just heard, that it is no longer going ahead after all.

The Sunshine Coast basketball associations/clubs have secured our guaranteed mediocrity in the foreseeable future.

Topic #49185 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a pity RobT. I was looking forward to a super stacked brother-led Sunny Coast team in future. Do you know the reason/s why?

Reply #869806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the growth of the region, a south sc and north sc team were probably needed.

Reply #869808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought this was a done deal? Very late for a retraction.

Reply #869811 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Yes, to most of above.

Reasons? Who knows?

Reply #869820 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Scandalous!

Reply #869822 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

Howrver, both SC tesms have opened their 2022seaon with mixed results.
Phoenix losing theirs to Rockie in the 4th q and RipCity with a very convincing win.
A huge start for Noi with 37 and 13..Cedar ununususlly quiet in this game (SDs) and Josh Tueta with a horrible stat line. He will tell youthat he wasn't needed in this one and we should all believe him?

Reply #890961 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

"Phoenix losing to Rockie...." was another mistake on my part. That was the women's game. The men won theirs v Rockie so both SC mens' teams were successful.
(in defence of consecutive mistakes by me I admit to a bout of very bad health. Thrown me right off. I will be more careful and mindful from now on.)

Other results from round 1 are;
DBA 87 over RCR 81
NGC 77 over SWM 72
USC 105 over SDS 72
MKY 87 overSCP 80
CNS 88 ober IPS 79
BNE80 oer NWZ 79
SCP 93 over RKR 64
TvVH 75 over IPS 66

Sunday's results to come.

Reply #890966 | Report this post

mball  
Two years ago

Hi RobT. I'm starting a new thread for the NBL! North season. I'll copy the above results and any further results can be added in there.

Reply #891039 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:17 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754