NBL1 OG
Years ago

NBL Central Men & Women Grand Finals

As always I don't follow the women's too closely but will give it a crack, but would be good to get others thoughts on how both games will play out. Massive effort by North to get two teams into the Grand Final after both were in the initial 4 vs 5 elimination game.

Women's final
Southern Tigers vs North Adelaide Rockets

Southern have been the class of the league all season only dropping a couple of games and leading the league virtually the whole way. I notice North were one of the teams who got a win over them (which allowed the Rockets to make finals) however Yaeger was sidelined at that time and North were playing for their season while the Tigers were cruising into a bye week at that point.

Some very interesting matchups with Yaeger vs Ortlepp which I think is a break even, both capable scorers and distributors, Yaeger maybe a bit more efficient by the numbers. And inside Morrell vs Good could go a long way to determining the game, Morrell has had the better season and rightly took home MVP honours but Good had a big second half of the season and has had monster rebound numbers recently.

Shooting will be important for both sides with North having a slight advantage there but Southern have a size advantage & that may be too much to overcome.

Southern by 7 with COTY Clarke capturing a title in his first season.

Men's Final
Norwood Flames vs North Adelaide Rockets

Norwood earned the week off after beating Sturt soundly in the Semi, while North did the same in the preliminary final, winning by similar margins.

MVP CJ Turnage had a huge year and was exceptional against Sturt, scoring inside and out as well as finding open team mates (Joel Spear also great in that game, still very surprised he wasn't All Star 5). North will have their hands full with him, while Green has really stepped up his game late in the season to prove effective on both ends of the floor. Harding, Lycett and Webber all play their roles and hit enough from the perimeter that they need to be respected, while all are positive defenders and their size makes them very switchable.

Dech and McVeigh showed on the weekend why they are among the leagues best players, and played well together which hasn't always been the case this year. Dau and Williams were down in the prelim and that may be of concern for the Rockets as they will need both firing to stick with the Flames in this one. Williams' size could be exposed against the bigger Flames while Dowdell is giving up size to Green.

Who guards CJ will be very interesting for the Rockets while McVeigh is an easier cover with multiple Flames capable of slowing him down.

Sticking with the form team, Flames to win it in a close one. Norwood by 5.

Topic #49196 | Report this topic

annoymous  
Years ago

Southern might want to go out with a bang and win the title. Rumor has it Teige is on the move next season

Reply #870223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back to Woodville?

Reply #870234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard to believe Sturt finished top had the double chance and couldn't at the very least make the grand final

Reply #870235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Without any imports and losing 4 rotation players to college I think it would've been an amazing effort for Sturt to make the grand final.
Calligeros and Daly were not up to it vs Norwood + even if they had their full line up 9 games out of 10 they are losing to North w Dech & Mcveigh.

Dech is a huge in for the rockets, great defense and elite outside shooting. Will be interested to see how the Rocket support cast play under the big lights, no doubt Norwood will test Staude and Jimma's outside shooting prowess.

Reply #870246 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

My tips - North men in very close game (maybe even OT), Southern women after North challenging for 3/4s - if North women win it will be one of the greatest womens ABL / Central/ NBL1 finals wins on record. Will be a great couple of games.

Reply #870247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the Southern President and puppet master push out a Southern Junior as JDO/Men's Coah to build the club around an American, his wife and his mates. Then the President does a runner, and the American coach and wife are off too. Sounds about right for Southern.

Reply #870248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt went into the season knowing two starters wouldn't finish the season but played them for big minutes anyway. Knowing they'd peak mid-season and not have the talent come finals to compete.

Sturt is not the victim here. They made a decision others did not. They chose their path.

Reply #870249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop going on about Sturt... nobody cares except for Sturt people

Reply #870253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even they don't care. It is seniors afterall.

Reply #870255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rockets have 3 young players at the COE that they couldn't pick all season, what’s your point? Losing juniors is no excuse! Put those 3 players in the program and the Rockets might not have lost a game
Agree Calligeros isn’t up to it, players like Nash Goodall Reemst aren’t at the level either and probably never will be

Reply #870256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually they could. If they were related to the Comp Manager who allowed it for a certain club then after the fact changed the By-Laws so that it was ok. But agree North made the tough decision to go with the guys that would be there til the end. Sturt didn't. They got the finals outome they deserve for their own decisions.

As someone else said, Sturt don't care, its Seniors. They can't win so they just don't compete and claim they're taking the high road. From what I've been told they're still in debt so it hasn't really worked for them.

Reply #870259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Source has it they are after the $$ thats why they are looking at a different conference.. (NBL1 west)

Reply #870261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only loss to southern is losing Teige. No loss with the other 2.. might be good for southern seems there Junior program might need a new set of eyes

Reply #870263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not saying the above isn't true re teige leaving but if nbl1 West has been talking to her there could be some serious fines involved here as she's still contracted for this current season. Maybe should have waited till after the season..

Reply #870267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahaha fines. Sure

Reply #870271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Put those 3 players in the program and the Rockets might not have lost a game"

Maybe next season North can give them roster spots over Dech, McVeigh and Dowdell so you can boast about finishing 9th.

Reply #870282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like when Sturt played pne of their many PGs over CJ. Or bigs over DJ. Or paid for Spear to come back from Vic, a West Junior.

Stop. Just stop.

Reply #870283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL1 is nothing to Sturt, 14s Classics is where it's at

Reply #870285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rather than bag Sturt for going out in straight sets, I think it is fair to say they perhaps overachieved by having such a great season to finish top. Many wouldn't have predicted that.

Similarly, North have done extremely well to make the grand final given the clash between the NBL and NBL1 seasons.

Norwood are in great form. Should be a great grand final.

Some great match ups and arguably the best two players in the league competing in CJ and McVeigh.

Reply #870303 | Report this post

Anonshotter  
Years ago

Well done to gallant sturt showing how advanced there dev program is over others.. conceding talent throughout season and going local... when these guys return like spear the realisation of strength of club be obvious...almost a basketball factory at springbank that produces and attracts quality ...coty for a reason local loyal no high ended dollar cigar smokers talent and team together... minor premiers not to dismissed. That's success through consistency and reflective of a winner mentality ...true

Reply #870320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL1 is a wins/losses game
Sturt have won 5 titles in over 60 years
For all the pomp, hype, spin, bullshit about being elite respected (see above) there is no hiding from that history.

Reply #870328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummm Spear is a West junior.

Reply #870329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why so much chat about Sturt in this thread. Last time I looked they aren't in the GF’s

Reply #870332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IMO

I'm sure Norwood women are still a little pissed at Southern for losing that last regular season game which could have gotten them into the finals spot.

Despite all the stats, etc - who does everyone want to win and lose.

North men - cause we're tired of the Webbers running the show and if they win, even though Turnage deserves a win - we will never hear the end of it that they are the greatest of all time. Really Turnage carried that team the entire season - Green can only play in spurts.

Women - I don't think anyone really cares either side on who wins. Maybe karma might bite Tigers in the rear end - they've played well all season and choking at the end would be the end of all ends. Might see a number of more players leave if that happens.

Reply #870340 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Game sold out within seconds of going on sale. Any reason they would not have played them at Titanium?

Reply #870347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonshotter, everytime Sturt don't make it we hear the same junior development bullshit. Here's a different way to look at it, the club is lazy. They can't be bothered getting imports to surround these wunderkinders. Hence they don't win. They are only interested in their junior program. And before the old line of playing the juniors get trotted out again, part of playing seniors is learning to play with 1 or 2 imports. That will happen wherever you play in the world. So in fact the club not being assed with imports is actually doing the juniors more harm than good.

Reply #870348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets not forget they have an import in the women's team. So either way their claims are BS.

Reply #870358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is commentating for Kayo?

Reply #870400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When does the next season start? March?

Reply #870414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Likely depend on how the NBL season goes and if its delayed due to covid but generally end of March/early April.

Although SA usually has a Summer Season too. Not sure what that looks like under the proposed model of competitions for 21/22

Reply #870429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think we get a vintage Lycett game and leads Norwood to the win. He's been on the big stage before, still a classy player and will have an edge in his matchup.

Reply #870432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you saying Lycett is greater than Dech in this matchup?

Reply #870440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lycett will see Staude or Dau I think. Dech to Harding and McVeigh against CJ.

Reply #870441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I sit down and try to line up matchups and I still have no feel who wins. I think North have a bit more flexibility with their bench especially with Williams. Who can match him for speed?

Reply #870454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilson might not put up the same numbers but he's just as fast or faster. Williams 0/10 last week maybe not built for finals.

Reply #870456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well given Wilson will beat Williams I have to go Norwood

What is the likelihood that both Milat and CJ are at Norwood next year?

Reply #870476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One thing is sure if Karma has a say in this game Southern lose. Yeager arrogance in the game against South in their final was as bad as I have seen. You had a good game but carrying on like a tool won you no friends. I hope North win!!

Reply #870484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard a rumour that A Webber plans to suit up using medical exemption to hopefully get another championship medallion. Wouldn't be happy as a bench player losing your spot for the GF!!!

Reply #870581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confirmed David Morrell to leave Southern for WA for the wolves. Rumours going around is he didn't even tell Southern or his players and Southern found out through sources. Clearly chasing the money oh and also asked 2 of their starting 5 to go up to WA with him. This is a blessing for Southern wasn't a great head coach so now they can find a better coach for the mens and someone more invested in the JDO role. Shows the character of some people might not get a gig back in Adelaide if WA doesn't work out

Reply #870652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't be true. If it is got to be a angry player posting this comment. I'm not involved with Southern but they have had a pretty good year men making finals and the women in the Gf.

Reply #870654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am not sure outside of Freer that there was a more dedicated JDO. Good luck to Dave and presumably Teige. Good people who will be assets to the club.

Reply #870655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its the off season for many teams right now there is going to be so many rumours going around. I have heard that the Norwoods men coach has been told he isn't required next season. That will be the next question why is that. Seems they are in the GF Webber Boys getting their own way again...

Reply #870657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's get back to the grandfinal.

Who has what teams winning?

Reply #870659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you are way off the mark with the Morell situation , i have spoken to players and they all knew it was a chance he would leave , those that come into contact with them all say nice things, tigers will be in a massive hole when the 3 of them leave, all of the heavy lifting at tigers was done by those 3.

Reply #870661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People go on about Sturt only winning five but Norwood have been around longer, are big spenders and have only won 4 titles

This year it will be 5 as Turnage leads them to victory in his last game for the club.

Reply #870665 | Report this post

Looking forward  
Years ago

I think that some might be underestimating Rasmussen's contribution during the regular season for Sturt.

Reply #870695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word is Corey will be lucky to survive at West. Sounds like Rojo is on final chance with his behaviour at Eastern, god knows what Norwood does. Scotty should be shown the door. Central's and South already have openings, can't remember when there was such a large number of openings maybe happening on the men's side. Andy, Rigoni and Deano the only safe ones it seems.

Reply #870701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deano on the chopping block if they lose tomorrow?

Reply #870702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #870704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deano is safe as houses. North don't change coaches too often at all

Reply #870711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure all 45 fouls needed to be called, some very strange decisions but the right team won. Congrats Southern on your season and even with limited minutes to some starters showing superior depth to get the win.

North just didn't have enough especially after the horrific injury to Webber early on.

Reply #870831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How come no best of 3

Reply #870833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never has been.

Reply #870834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shouldn't all the conferences be the same format

Reply #870837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why?

Reply #870838 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

North is certainly the club of the year - so many avenues getting it right.

Reply #870842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting choice of words.

Reply #870843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dech just showed why Turnage isn't even close to an NBL level import. A poor man’s Fatterson in a low level league

Reply #870844 | Report this post

:  
Years ago

did North re-write the record books ? both teams from the elimination final ?

Reply #870845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North women lost.

Reply #870846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D Webber, NBL1 Centrals version of Gary Rohan

Reply #870847 | Report this post

Anonony674  
Years ago

What happened to DWebber

Reply #870848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know.

Reply #870849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where'd that $250k go Deano with another big budget title

Reply #870850 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

850. Key word another title.

Reply #870851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

unproven alleged "big budget"

Reply #870852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see Tigers girls win after good old Deano financially wiped the club off the face of the earth

Reply #870856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Treasurer and sacked by BSA committee I believe you mean

Reply #870857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6 players that played meaningful minutes for North - McVeigh, Dech, Dowdell, Williams, Dau and Staude have zero connection to North as juniors... can use alledged if you feel but it was a 'hired' gun team. Add the use of Purchase to stay afloat mid season you can not deny this was definitely bought not built. That is the modern era and well done to Deano and North for having the connections and resources to do it.

Reply #870859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

recruited is different to bought or big budget. I will use alleged while you continue to use language for which you have no proof.

This is hardly new. The teams of the 80s and 90s that won state league championships weren't much different.

Reply #870860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dowdell not expensive, been at North a few years. McVeigh recruited by previous coach, playing secoond season. Staude certainly not exepnsive. Dau not expensive. Williams not expensive.

Coach and Club rejected price tag of two over rated 36ers fringe players as too expensive.

Facts matter.

Reply #870861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's the proof you needed, guys: 861 says those guys weren't expensive. Facts.

Not much to say about Dech and McVeigh's price tags, but I'm sure he just forgot about those two.

How admirable that North passed on guys you deem to be overrated and too expensive.

Reply #870862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't forget have no idea. Neither do you.

The rest I do know. I don't care if you believe me or not.

Reply #870863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And to the point at hand. You made a claim so did I.

Neither of us presented evidence. Call my claim alleged if you want, thats fair. So is calling your big budget claim alleged until you can present actual proof of what their budget was. Also what exactly "big" even means.

Reply #870864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how many games has the GF MVP played for the club???

Reply #870865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More than he has for any other team in SA.

Who cares. They put a team together, they won despite some difficult circumstances this year. Seem like deserved winners to me, as Norwood also would have been if they won.

Reply #870866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dowdell string another club along all off season to get more and more money out of North. More he asked for the more they ha died over.

Reply #870868 | Report this post

Typical  
Years ago

This forum really doesn't like talking about games does it. A week crapping on Sturt now crapping on a team who pays its players. Do the rest of the clubs play for free.

Reply #870873 | Report this post

Anonony674  
Years ago

Money for nothing ....

Reply #870874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you're going to pay, at least win. North wouldn’t pay more than half a dozen other teams in the league. The biggest spend this year got teams to 8th & 9th.

Reply #870876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

End of the day North as a club would be very comfortable with the amount spent compared to other clubs.

They would be very comfortable with having women in the Final and North Men winning it. Comfortable that this success is underpinned by sustainability. This gives all their kids at state jnr level and over in Canberra a winning program to play and develop in on their way to the pro ranks.

It gives a great program for the club to get behind, invest in and aspire to be a part of.

The only people upset about what North has done and is doing is those that are not in the red and white because Norths success will impede their own. I do not think North are too concerned about those people.

Reply #870880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At the end of the day your creating a culture of recruiting a Senior team over your Junior players

Reply #870882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What nbl1 clubs In the whole country run with their juniors , and are competitive? Few and far between.

Reply #870885 | Report this post

Anonony674  
Years ago

Winners are winners. Gotta spend to build it... move on...credit to outstanding vision. Who dares to spend - do it wisely... coach players in sync.. away you go .. Deano knows how to get it done. Another ship in the bank lol .. build the vault. Needs to be bigger..

Reply #870886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hobart chargers run juniors, with normally two imports.

Reply #870889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately this thread is a perfect example of SA basketball

Reply #870896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

+ 1 above

Reply #870899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Tiege and David Morrell go along with their other side kick will leave Southern further in a hole... They have been allowed to kill the Club and now get up and leave to chase dollars....

Reply #870900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its sad to see another club buy in to the self interest. They are not the first and wont be the last. There is another out there right now. Some people use Clubs as a stepping stone/quick cash. Committees fall for their self promotion and buy in believing they can reinvent the wheel.

I'm sure the team they brought in have done some good things. I've seen from a distance some of their work. But clubs need long term planning from Committees not quick fixes. If they move on Southern will have to either take a long slow cheap process to competitiveness (in juniors) and growth of their small numbers and influence OR find some money and spend it to bring in one of the few club builders left around, of which there's maybe 2-3 left in Adelaide with a track record. One of which they sacked and he just won a title elsewhere so count him out.

My guess is they'll aim high and end up somewhere in the middle, slightly over spend for someone with high energy but will do a lot of learning on the job who will do what they can and probably remain stable.

They're not the only club settling for middle of the road looking behind them rather than ahead.

Reply #870901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's remember how the Morells ended
Up at the tigers in the first place , poached by a long standing tigers identity , 3 days later and they would have stayed at Woodville , tigers got what they poached from Woodville

Reply #870902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Tiege and David Morrell go along with their other side kick will leave Southern further in a hole... They have been allowed to kill the Club and now get up and leave to chase dollars....

Reply #870903 | Report this post

Tiiger  
Years ago

A lot of disharmony at South at the moment so maybe something/someone out of there may move up the hill....

Reply #870904 | Report this post

Looking Forward  
Years ago

Apologies if I haven't read the thread closely enough.

Can someone who has some knowledge of one or more teams actual player payments please give some insight?. Eg how much are north actually paying?

And, what the extent of the difference between clubs? Are Sturt the cheapest?

Where does a team like North get the dollars? Mostly from sponsors? Or juniors? Etc.

Reply #870906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern were on life support a few years ago. A husband and wife duo appears. Wife is one of best players in league, husband is looking for coaching opportunity. Men's team is decimated so what's the harm, at least the women will be fine. Wife proceeds to be best player in competition and wins title. Men's team surprises and makes playoffs before they are eliminated by one of worst passes in history. Up by 2, your ball on the side, seconds to go. Worst case scenario is you take 5 second violation and setup defence, instead your point guard throws a floater across court leading to wide open dunk to tie and the season ends in overtime.
Now suddenly both partners are hot properties. Interstate club offers big money, longer term plan is husband continues coaching career. Southern after getting into major financial trouble in previous seasons buying titles suddenly have to make decision. Which was probably wise.

Reply #870909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers on life support because quarter of a mill in the red on Deanos watch, miracle our great club survived

Reply #870912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deano was a coach. He didn't manage the books. You're being sold a cop out by the Committee to shift blame. Members of the Club should be taking certain members of that Committee to court for compensation.

Reply #870913 | Report this post

Easy As  
Years ago

Southern Tigers processes is what failed. Apparently failed to collect subs from hundreds and hundreds of kids over a two and a half year period, to the tune of $250,000. If true, they deserve to be in the position they now find themselves.
That paired with what Deano was allegedly allowed to spend on that championship team, which was around $140,000 from what I was told, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Reply #870921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nyberg was head of basketball and the only full time employee at the club, his brother in law was the treasurer
Hmmmmm.
Official reason for lost monies was "unaccounted for merchandise"
That a lot of t shirts
Cover up much? Truth always comes out eventually
Tigers community needs to be applauded the way they have stuck together and got through this
Great to see their 18 Boys win everything last year and NBL1 Girls win the championship, great reward for everyone there

Reply #870923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His brother in law was not the Treasurer when the money issues occurred.

So what if he was the only full time staff member. Still doesn't mean he had control over the accounts, or fee collection. He was in control of basketball.

The Treasurer was a fraud and the committee didn't ever discuss the clubs finances until it was too late. Why did BSA remove the committee members responsible if it was Dean's adult?

Reply #870924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #923

That's a blatant lie.

Everyone knows it was a treasurer who failed to follow up and get fees. Nothing to do with basketball operations.

Only great things is ti see them buy another championship buy spending money they done have in heir senior women’s only to see them lose their best panthers and waste all that money.

Reply #870928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^how many wines had you had when you wrote that last paragraph???

Reply #870935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back to the game - Norwood just didn't have enough around Turnage. Lycett is still classy but not MVP level classy, more perimeter based now and rarely gets on the rim. Harding more sizzle than steak and D Webber a non factor. Green had moments but can’t seem to dominate for long stretches.

Dech was great on Turnage which is no surprise but watching the last few games I’ve been surprised how good his passing has been. He is a great player and does things the right way. Dowdell was massive and could have been mvp, easily won the matchup with Green. McVeigh not at his best but did enough and hit some shots when it counted. Easily the most passionate on court! Dau a nice cameo particularly early while Staude & Williams were both quiet they played their role.

North had to beat every finals team to win the title, hard to argue against them being very worthy winners.

Reply #870938 | Report this post

Youngest MC  
Years ago

We talk about north having bought a chip, how come this doesn't apply to the Southern women?
Morrell, McCalop,Thacker, Stratford, Dodman, Yeager are not Tigers juniors that’s 6/8 girls that hit the court.
How are the tigers women going to be when they lose their "hired gun" who lead the team in points, Reba, assists and blocks?

Reply #870941 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

re:Southern - It's a little surprising, the three of them seemed to be in for the long-term, David appeared to be thinking about club wide development, even down to junior district, Teige was coaching the kids and their buddy was looking after domestic

but the after the Men's mid-season slump seemed like the head coaching gig and managing *that* team was too much and he wasn't going to come back, even if he was married to the MVP

Reply #870954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was paid to look after junior district and his buddy was paid to look after domestic. They didn't do those things out of goodwill, it was their job to do them.

Reply #870955 | Report this post

Tiiger  
Years ago

And they did a shitty job at that..Southern have never been so badly placed in the basketball competitions

Reply #870964 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:09 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754