Here we go again
Years ago

More BSA Changes

I see today that the Competition Manager at BSA has retired.

BSA have again restructured and now all social and miniball comps will be run by the same team as District comps.

My question is who are these people and are any of them qualified for their positions. Tom Mitchell takes over as Competition Manager, I've never heard of him. Was the role advertised or again just quietly filled from within. Worked so well last time. NOT

Topic #49216 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tom has an advanced diploma in basketball competition coordination from Sunshine Tafe

He also has a Cert IIII in bylaws creation from the Andrew Simons Institute .

Reply #871178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Denim hot pants all round

Reply #871196 | Report this post

Joseph Campbell  
Years ago

Before this gets out of hand, Tom has been working in basketball for the past 5+ years. First out of Morphett Vale Stadium then worked under Big Joe as a venue coordinator (South) then has been supporting BSA competitions for the past couple of years. Gotta say it's a healthy organisational move to promote from within, especially such an under-the-radar guy with a strong head on his shoulders and first hand experience in navigating basketball in South Australia - where the anons roam free.

If I remember correctly, he studied LAW.

Reply #871201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is this Operations Manager which seems new

Reply #871209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another person with no experience or history within the District system. Aiming high is BSA.

Reply #871211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Solos everywhere this weekend. Parents, social refs, refs that should not be allowed in stadiums with children at every venue.

BSA management continue to fail the members, the service provided even for Div 1 games is poorer than most recreation centre and club domestic comps. Sad to see where our game is at in this state.

Reply #871394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you mean "refs that should not be allowed in stadiums with children" 394?
Is there something we aren't being told?

Reply #871396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there anything we are being told. Look around the buildings.

Reply #871448 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:12 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754