MP
Years ago

Aaron Baynes Injury Update

Just wondering if anyone has an update on Aaron Baynes and his injury?

Topic #49226 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aron.

Reply #871401 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

There were photos of him attending the Boomers celebration in Brisbane recently, although not on the yacht and no group photos.

Reply #871404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully he'll be back in the nba as nbl = weak as piss compared to nba = where the men handle things

Reply #871409 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

That's a weird thing to say.

Reply #871413 | Report this post

Bullets  
Years ago

Anon - "Hopefully he'll be back in the nba as nbl = weak as piss compared to nba = where the men handle things"

Read and hear a lot of stupid things these days but this is up there.

Reply #871414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

School holidays or lockdown.

Reply #871415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing to do with school holidays or lock down, the anon is just a f..kwit.

Reply #871418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch Creek and Bryce Cotton = NBA rejects but come to the NBL and all of a sudden they're stars. Says a lot right there.

Not to mention old ass bogut comes in and wins mvp + dpoy whereas he was a third string big by the end of his nba days.

Reply #871428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who would have thought a league where teams have salary caps of over $100mil would have better players than a league where teams have a cap of a bit over $1mil

Reply #871431 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I love when Anons show their ignorance. For one, he thinks he's somehow edgy and telling us something we don't know. Yes, anon, the NBA is better than the NBL. I defy you to find anyone who says any different. The NBL SHOULD be 'weak as piss' compared to the NBA, seeing as it has 1 percent of the NBA's salary cap.

As for Bogut being a third string big man, yeah, he was also injured. He came to the NBL, played healthy for a season, and then got recalled by the Golden State Warriors for the Finals. I don't think they did that because he was washed and sucked. They had access to any non-NBA player they wanted. Could have got someone from Euroleague, G League, wherever. They chose Andrew Bogut. I suppose they did that because he sucked?

And yeah, "NBA rejects" are NBL stars. Guess whatelse NBA rejects are? Euroleague stars. There's plenty of NBA rejects that still sit at the bottom of NBA rosters as well.

Only a 12 year old could think that the NBL sucking comparing to the NBA is a point to be made. Every league that cant financially compete with the NBA sucks compared to the NBA. The sky is also blue. You telling us that NBL stars are NBA rejects really shows your lack of appreciation for the many levels of basketball and just what it takes to reach them. NBL players may "suck" compared to NBA stars but the worst NBL player on the worst NBL roster would hold you scoreless in a game and put 40 on you without breaking a sweat, just so you know...

Reply #871433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It might be a billion dollar league but I'd prefer to watch the nbl and euro league games than the mickie mouse nba, drive dunk, drive dunk, think about passing drive dunk.

Reply #871434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope he's ok. He’s basically gone MIA. No posts on any social media, no sightings (apart from photo at Boomers camp), no word whatsoever. I think there will be more to come out but we should respect his obvious choice to remain private too.

Reply #871436 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The NBA has the best players on planet earth, and then a selection of guys who are interchangeable with guys from other leagues. But they play a heavily stylized brand of basketball that I don't find interesting or entertaining. Too much isolation. Not enough defensive pressure. Not enough urgency. I think the NBA would be much better with some rule changes and some adaptations to bring it back closer to FIBA basketball, and more of an impetus on team orientated play. But the league is made specifically for fan boys who want to see one specific player score 50 a night and a team built around facilitating that. While I can certainly respect the skill it takes to do that, I dont find watching Harden measure up his own shot for an entire offense to be all that interesting. I also dont get much of a kick out of entirely open windmill dunks. I'd like to see zone defense made mainstream in the NBA. Scoring SHOULD be difficult.

Reply #871438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly me, the Olympics were so refreshing to watch pure basketball.

Reply #871449 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Americans are a funny lot.

I like baseball as a sport, and even enjoy watching it at a local level.

MLB leaves me cold though. It's really "all or nothing" dozens of strikes punctuated by the occasional homer.

Reply #871453 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Back on topic, was the rumour about a shower injury ever confirmed?

Really hope he can recover. It would be exceptionally frustrating to have your life upturned by something as banal as slipping in the shower.

My brother broke his neck in a diving accident, and remains a quad 30 years later.
But there is hope. My niece broke her neck diving, a couple of years back, and now shows almost no ill effects. A lot of rehab, and had to "learn to walk" again, but now seems mostly unaffected.

Reply #871454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Slipped in the changerooms' doesn’t cut it as a reason for most I’d suspect.

But I also suspect what actually happened will not come out for a long long time.

Reply #871460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ME mate scoring is only difficult in the nbl because the talent is so low. Cotton looks like a stud but it's easy to do when you got a bunch of slow unathletic untalented white dudes trying to guard him. Case in point look what Jrue Holiday did to patty mills in spurts, imagine if he was able to guard cotton. Spoiler alert it’d be a shit show for cotton.

Scoring is also easier because the talent far surpasses that in the nbl. Imagine Durant, Harden, Curry, Doncic, Irving etc in the nbl. It’d be a damn comedy show.

Also, how well did bogut do again in the nba finals Iin 2019? Oh that’s right Steve Kerr was terrified to play him.

The only thing you have a slight point on is the regular season doldrums but even those games are far superior to that of the nbl due to the talent.

Remember your darling Perth wildcats against utah in the preseason or even better back in the day against the rockets without hakeem, now that was well and truly hilarious.

And before you bring up Melbourne vs OKC I dare you to look at any footage of nba players talking about preseason because to summarise they all besides the young guys truly don’t give a fuck compared to a bunch of guys treating it like a tryout to survive

Reply #871676 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

How's Aaron? Any news, and where would I find it? I thought that this thread, re: Aaron Baynes Injury Update, might have some news but seems I was wrong.

Reply #871694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"ME mate scoring is only difficult in the nbl because the talent is so low."

Long-term data shows little difference in scoring rate between the NBL and NBA.

Reply #871697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Times all NBL scores by 1.2 to equate to 48min games.
The difference isn't much.

Reply #871698 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Holy shit, the NBA has more talent than the NBL?? What a scoop!

Reply #871699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also if you fill every NBL game with an extra half hour of timeouts and other stoppages then the players will stay fresher and that would probably make the scoring look higher as well.
P.S. Please don't do that NBL. Endless timeouts are my number 1 pet peeve about watching NBA.

Reply #871700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The anon who bags nbl probably doesn't even play social league.

Reply #871701 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754