Rat10
Years ago

Music too loud

Interested to see what others at the game thought of the music today. I sit pretty much behind the music guys in row H and the music was ridiculously loud. It wasn't just the volume of the music but it seemed like they had the frequencies all wrong. The pitch was way too high - it was piercing my ears. There were numerous complaints from around my area. And fyi, I'm in my mid-20's so i hate to think how the older members of crowd handled the noise. It's a shame the scoreboard keeps breaking down rather than the speakers...

Topic #4925 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

In training for the And1 Mixtape tour :-) It's sure to be pumping than!

Reply #56646 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah i think it was just off today, maybe they got the levels all changed and they were trying to get the right again. Just one of those things.

Also its just not the same when the game is during the day, it does not have the same vibe.

Reply #56652 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

it depends on the song - if it has bass - the system handles it well and gets things thumpin

but some tracks are very skreetchy - some rock tracks grate, yes some tracks the frequency sounds suspect (only 1 or 2)

but the house stuff seems to go well - with the big jungle beat

keep up the good vibes music man

Reply #56655 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

Sounded okay in the west area. Other than the buzzer that has to get tested at full volume just before the game!

Reply #56656 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys as has been discussed before the sound system is not perfect.

Case in point Rat10 is we had people complaining after you shared your thoughts that it was too quiet and they could not hear anything.

We are trying our best with what we have.

See previous threads for info on this.

As always i am always open to ideas and or suggestions.

Reply #56657 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

i think it has been too loud all year.

Reply #56658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't need to play music all game long.... it works better when played at appropriate moments of the game. Time-outs, times when the crowd is quiet to get them pumped and when something real good happens. It all comes back to song selection then.

But to have the beats pumping out all game long is just annoying. If I wanted that, I would go to a nightclub.

Reply #56694 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Music was fine, did get a little loud on couple occasion but hey better then dead quite and nothing

only thing annoying was the buzzer damn that was loud pre game,

keep the music coming music man, lound and prenounced

Reply #56702 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Yes.. def. too loud this week.

I'm not old.. and I love my music.. and love it loud (when the quality is good).. but that pitch and vol. level was a little uncomfortable for a bball game (in my area anyway).

I have had not problems with low volume.. ever.. there is problems with treble for the announcer though.. too muffled. maybe they were trying to cure the muffles by increasing overall volume?! eek!?

ShaneD

Reply #56755 | Report this post

Annoyed  
Years ago

Sitting behind the bench and I left the game with ringing in my ears and a bad headache. It wasn't just loud, but very shrill. The system seems to be stuffed badly.
It's got worse and worse over the last 3 games.

Some guy near me went and complained to the court announcer and he just kept making obscene gestures to the guy afterwards, am absolutely disgusted with him. I can't believe the 36ers could allow someone like that in that position.

If the 36ers don't do something about the volume, I'll be asking for a refund on my tickets and not returning to the games anymore. Other families around me were complaining also.

Reply #56770 | Report this post

BlackDog  
Years ago

The volume had to be over 100 decibels at times in the southern stand. I can handle some normal songs from time to time, but the repetitive dance trash has to go.

Be interested to see it the volume was overly localised in certain places in the stadium.
Last night was atrocious.

Reply #56771 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I was at concourse level of the southern stand for the first half and then down in corporate seating in bottom of the South West for the second half. I did not notice the music being any different than normal and not noticably loud.

If it was so much worse only 20 odd metres away then I would think it would have had to be very localised. One of the speaker boxes not working properly?

Reply #56779 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

I am glad that I wasn't alone - I didn't want any old jokes coming my way again...

The last song during the game had a high pitch squeal in it that hurt my ears. I didn't have a problem with any other songs. I think the song was the "Goodbye" song...

Reply #56780 | Report this post

known to all  
Years ago

loved the baa baa black sheep song pure gold should see if u can book patsy bisco and and do it live.

Reply #56787 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

i havent had a problem with the music at any of the games so far.... mind you i wasnt at sundays game so...

Reply #56788 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The higher tones were too loud towards the end of the game. Was harsher with certain songs as others have said.

Reply #56792 | Report this post

Patricia  
Years ago

The so-called "music" sucks! It's been even worse this season than ever before - which is saying something! It was so loud yesterday that I was tempted to go to the office and demand a refund on my season ticket. EVERYBODY around me was complaining - not that complaining ever seems to make any difference. If I wanted to have my eardrums blasted, I would go to a nightclub. I pay PLENTY of money to watch basketball, not be deafened.

Reply #56806 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Patricia, how would you make a compromise between those people who don't like music at the games or don't want it loud, and those who like it, want more, and want it louder?

Roughly where do you sit that left you feeling deafened?

Is it the volume that you have an issue with or the type of music being played? I think more information might help those involved meet the tricky demands and compromise involved.

Reply #56808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I sit south side just below the walkway and i thought it was a lot louder than usual and I agree with Patricia, it almost felt as i was at a nightclub. I would prefer to be able to hear some crowd noise around me and maybe even some noise from the court. Volume is good normally but yesterday was just way too loud.

Reply #56814 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

If it's too loud your too old!

Just kidding, I do like the beats usually going in the game.

It was so quiet at some stages you could hear the players talking!!

Reply #56823 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

I did notice the player introductions were much louder and clearer than games earlier in the year.

Now I'm waiting for the longer introduction. Currently we have the number & name/nickname. Now it would be nice to have the added little bit of information (with the voice over style voice) 'From Grand Rapids, USA, Welcome on court number 45, power forward and averaging 21 points per game, Dusty Rychart!

Reply #56835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, longer player introductions would be good

Reply #56837 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They were there for the opening game.

Reply #56838 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

So wouldn't a compromise be quieter music most of the game, with some loud pump up stuff after big plays etc?

Reply #56839 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

Obviously the last thing we want to do is upset people. We can only take on board an improve with the feedback that you guys give us.

Personally i believe that we try to accomodate everybody to the best that we can. Within that though the old saying you can't please everybody applies.

We do do checks in game with people walking around the stadium during the game making sure it is generally sounding ok.

There has been long debate on other threads about the PA system and the possibility of updating it.

All i can say is from my part i am open to feedback and can assure people like Patricia that we are listening to all of your comments.

Hopefully the game against the Pigs will be more enjoyable for you.

Reply #56843 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

Music Man - you are doing a great job and your desire to try and meet peoples requests is fantastic. Always appreciate the way you answer people positively, well done.
(No, this is not Music Man's mum!)

Out of interest, it was mentioned it was going to cost $$$$ to fix the problems in the sound system. What have you done to get the voices, particularly from the radio mike, at a higher level?

Reply #56881 | Report this post

SouthSider  
Years ago

I too sit on the south side, and the I'm not just complaining about a general loudness of the music, I'm complaining that the music was SO LOUD to the point of almost being deafening. Most nightclubs don't leave ringing in your ears, but I definitely had a bad buzz in my ears after the game yesterday. I won't be taking kids to the game cos it was bad enough to give them permanent damage. Up to a few weeks ago I thought it was funny that one of the families in front of us had the kids wearing ear muffs, but now I think they're right on the money.

Reply #56884 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

Re: Player Intro's....We did have a longer intro for each player in the first couple of games as Isaac has mentioned. It was felt that this made them drag on too long so we've gone back to the Number, Name and the odd Nickname eg. "Number 53..The big fella...Paul Reeeeeees!"

Good to see the crowd still giving the losers...I mean opposition the single clap as they are introduced.

Reply #57145 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

Thanks for the explanation

Reply #57362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what do you think about the drummers?
i thought they were great

Reply #57469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well down the mother fucker down

Reply #57478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jjjj

Reply #57479 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:58 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754