Anonymous
Years ago

New NBL Game Ball?

I've noticed in a few of the promos doing the rounds that coaches and players alike have been photographed with the Spalding Legacy ball. Wilson all over after just three years?

If so a bit ironic given the NBA has just changes from Spalding to Wilson for their game balls, yet we've done the reverse

Thoughts?

Topic #49281 | Report this topic

Spurs  
Years ago

A ball is a ball

Reply #872920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A ball is a ball? A dog is a dog, but compare a Great Dane to a Chihuahua.

Reply #872921 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Wilson logo dropped off the NBL site a little while ago

Reply #872923 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

A ball is not just a ball. If anyone remembers those HORRENDOUS white and brown balls you'll know that the ball very much matters. The NBL literally looked like a clown act with that thing. It's very hard to take a league seriously if it's rocking some 1970s ABA knock off basketball.

Thankfully the ball I am seeing, as mentioned, is the Spalding Legacy. I hope they don't do something distasteful to it to take it from being a perfectly fine ball to an eyesore.

Reply #872925 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Are you talking about the molten ball used in intl/euro bball?

Reply #872926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many panels? That's the main thing for shooters.

Reply #872929 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"Are you talking about the molten ball used in intl/euro bball?'

No. This garbage https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/164234044524

Reply #872933 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Ewwww!

Reply #872938 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I regret asking.

Reply #872940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw a news item with a JJ's player in it the other day. SPALDING.

Reply #872947 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

One of the first things new management did from memory was change the game ball, so hopefully we never retread that with any dullard thinking somehow it was a classic look or something. But it looks like we've got the standard Spalding, which will probably end up with the NBL logo on it. Hopefully no tuckshop mum has any bright ideas on how to make it more original

Reply #872956 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

I am surprised that so many of you think that the ball is important. Isn't it all about the money? Who-ever offers the most money, has the better their ball!

Reply #872977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If LK is involved in the decision making it only about the money.

Reply #872990 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"If LK is involved in the decision making it only about the money."

HAHAHAHA yeah, heaven forfend any business be trying to make money, right?

"I am surprised that so many of you think that the ball is important. Isn't it all about the money? Who-ever offers the most money, has the better their ball!"

The only thing wrong with the white and brown monstrosity is that it was white and brown. That was an MBL style decision, nothing to do with the branding or functionality of the ball. As long as they're with either Wilson or Spalding, and the ball stays looking like a basketball, I am good.

Reply #872993 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Man, I have an official Wilson ball and definitely think they are the best ones I've played with, better than the Spalding 1000's and a million times better than those Molten rocks.

Reply #873002 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

I like the molten balls and I agree they are heavy, but I'm use to it since I have one.

I do prefer using the molten ball even though some shots ring out. The NBL used molten when the South Dragons won in 2009. Can’t remember how long the NBL used molten balls for. Definitely used in the 2000’s. I watched a game in Singapore, 2006 when the Tigers were playing over there. They were using molten back then.

Reply #873010 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They switched from Molten to Spalding for the 2011/12 season.

Molten used to do just a normal-looking basketball, which was used by the NBL from 2001/02 to 2003/04, with the "hot cross bun" ball debuting for the 2004/05 season. 2000/01 used Spalding.

Reply #873020 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:10 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754