Anonymous
Two months ago

Basketball victoria launches investigation into camberwell

Basketball victoria launches investigation into camberwells new basketball leage to see if any poaching of domestic clubs has been going on. What do you think?

Topic #49325 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Two months ago

I think you should read the other thread on this topic.

Reply #874034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

Good!

Reply #874038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

Have you actually read the actual statement from BV , it's an investigation into why Clubs have had the need to move to another association. An investigation in what has been going on at Hawthorn , it’s Board .

BV statement refers to viability of organisations and supports the principal of freedom of association for domestic clubs .

Facts Hawthorn skipped over in yet another muck racking spin campaign.

have you noticed that the Clubs involves or other Assoc have not at commented and stopped to this level , out of respect of their members and their communities!

Reply #874055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

Camberwell? I think it's hawthorn that will end up with egg on the face here.

Reply #874065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

I think there investigating into what hawthorn did to make the clubs leave and why the clubs all wanted to leave and all to camberwell at the same time.

Reply #874067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

Clubs have a right to leave , as BV has said in its statement " they supports Clubs freedom to join associations “.

This just Hawthorn throwing it's toys out of the cot, to get attention and to shift blame.

Camberwell have nothing to answer for , oh except being a TRUE community minded NFP basketball association!

Enough!!!!!!!

Reply #874072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

What Camberwell have done is BS.

They need to learn to respect other associations in the area.

Reply #874073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

Greed at its finest

Reply #874074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

^^ Camberwell have done nothing except answer an SOS in the domestic space, ie support grassroots basketball.
Hawthorn have poached and pillaged neighbouring (and not so neighbouring) clubs for years, because they have only been interested in winning in the rep space.
You reap what you sow

Reply #874078 | Report this post

Give me a (fast) break  
Two months ago

Camberwell?
Would you pay $94 for a bye?
Would you still pay 50% on rounds cancelled for Covid?

I'm told BV encouraged the clubs to look for options if they were unhappy. I’m also told a board member told members that rang to complain to leave if they didn’t like it? I’d be looking at moving too if I was doing administration for these clubs.
No other league collected like that.

And now these clubs are now advertising significantly lower fees on the back of a move. I know ours is. They are not for profit if you were wondering.
Proof in pudding perhaps?

Reply #874079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

More hysteria from Hawthorn over night acting like a tabloid rag , oh wait a minute the Chair of the Board works for a large media org , that explains the management style /culture , NO care for facts, truth , respect or due diligence. Just attention seeking comments which are total fiction , only good enough to line your budgies cage ! What rot

Reply #874098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

Hardly think you can accuse Camberwell of greed.

Hats of to Camberwell for listening to the clubs.

Reply #874104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

^ are you f'ing serious?

Such a boneheaded comment

"Well done to Camberwell" you sir are a moron

Reply #874623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two months ago

Are you serious?
Perhaps pour yourself a cup of tea and read about the 'hawthorn crazies'. it’s a long and wild ride that’s for sure.

Reply #874653 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms
Beam Orders - a quick, simple order and payments site for your business.
Punch - insightful time tracking

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 pm, Sun 5 Dec 2021 | Posts: 905,882 | Last 7 days: 585