Cram
Years ago

NBA Season 2021-22

One day to go!

Anyone got predictions?

I have nothing crazy. Nets over the Jazz in the Finals. Giannis MVP. KD Finals MVP. Jalen Green ROY, Clarkson 6th man. Snyder COTY. Gobert DPOY.

Most Improved is more of a crapshoot. I reckon OG Anunoby might have a good crack.

Most looking forward to seeing:
- Giddey rookie season
- Patty having some huge games on a big stage
- My new look Raptors
- The Simmons side show

Topic #49339 | Report this topic

Stevy  
Years ago

Top 4 West (Regular Season)
Suns
Jazz
Lakers
Nuggets/Warriors/Mavs

Top 4 East (Regular Season)
Bucks
Heat
Nets
Sixers/Bulls/Hawks

ECF:
Nets (If Kyrie plays) or Heat vs Bucks

WCF:
Suns vs Jazz/Mavs

Finals
Nets vs Suns or Heat vs Suns

ROY: Jalen Green
MVP: Luka, if Mavs finish 4th seed or above
MIP: MPJ
6th Man: Herro
DPOY: Gobert/Adebayo

Reply #874465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I look forward to Dad's army falling apart at the seams

Reply #874467 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

The Lakers will be interesting viewing, even if its not for good basketball.

Reply #874468 | Report this post

Musk  
Years ago

If you didn't say you were a raptors fan Cram I reckon one might think you’re a Jazz one as you seem to be really high on them mate. I think they’ll have a good year but nba finals is a stretch and a half.

Reply #874480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to dads army winning it all and lebron being mvp.

Reply #874486 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Hi Stevy, as usual you put rhyme and reason to your post.

On a serious note, "ECF: Nets (If Kyrie plays) ... ".if Nets are playing finals won't that exclude all un-vaxed players in NY?

At best, he can play the away games, I think.

On a less-serious note, got to pull you up on one bit, the same bit; "ECF: Nets (If Kyrie plays) ... ". Have you forgotten (or, did you know?) that Nets now have Patty Mills? Who needs Kyrie (lol, just kidding). Aussie in, Aussie out?

Reply #874487 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

@RobT

I really have no specifics regarding Kyrie, but I do think that in the 2nd half of the season or in the playoffs, he should be playing, whether that is through him getting vaccinated or because the mandate in NY will be scrapped.

Hehe, I knew that the Nets had Mills, and if Kyrie was playing, I do think that Mills would have been a contender for the 6th man. Even without Kyrie, the Nets are still a strong finals team. KD without Kyrie and an injured Harden pushed the Bucks to 7 games and was a shot away from the finals. It is kind of scary that Aldridge is coming back along with Griffin, and they added Mills plus Millsap.

I do think that the Heat will be the strongest rival to the Nets. The Bucks while still a strong team, have gotten a bit weaker IMO. The new NBA rules on officiating will also favor a scrappy tough team like Miami. It should be a fun season.

Reply #874495 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

@ Stevy

Please explain: The new NBA rules on officiating will also favor a scrappy tough team like Miami.

Reply #874508 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

There will be changes in officiating, especially with regard to foul baiting. To clarify, every team in the NBA is going to benefit from this, not only Miami.  

Reply #874510 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

The western conference is wide open for mine so I think the Jazz are as likely as about 6 other teams of winning the xonferebce. They'll likely be one of the top couple of seeds after the regular season which will help. I think they can get it done.

Reply #874511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is zero chance LeBron is MVP.

Reply #874527 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Simmons suspended already haha

Reply #874529 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Stevy, thanks for speedy reply.

I thrilled to watch this.

I am some what of an old fart and hate unfair advantages, in all of life. The sort of thing that basketball has perpetuated all along.

I had my intro to refereeing basketball in the 1980's as an apprentice. Peter Fricker (Preston, Vic) was my teacher/coach. He taught me (us) rules. I remember those and still feel they are relevant today.

Here's the bit I want to emphasise.
In an on ball situation, watch the defensive player closely. If there is illegal contact between the opposing players, you are able to decide if the defence did do anything wrong. If not, then the offensive player is "must be" "guilty". Call the offensive foul. Simple as!

Let's face it, it is hard work to play good, legal defence. When you get it right, it should be acknowledged and rewarded.

In the pro games the agenda is to entertain, I know. Apparently, calling fouls on the offence is not entertaining(?)! Well, I for one am glad it is changing.

Stevy, thanks again. Really glad I asked. Really happy with the answer.

Reply #874547 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

The video, itself, is also great. The presenter(?) follows the pro-game's agenda in that he is entertaining, very easy to watch and likable. His explanations are clear as and the chosen clips are entirely relevant. Have a watch. No, you don't have to like the rule-change, but it is going to make a difference to the calls so if, like me, you didn't know about them, catch up.

Reply #874549 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

I've got Foxtel to watch NBA and NBL games on ESPN.

Out of curiosity, will SBS Viceland be showing live NBA games again this season?

Reply #874552 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yes they are!

Here's the schedule

https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/sport/article/2021/10/05/how-watch-nba-live-sbs

Reply #874553 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Thanks mate

Reply #874555 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

This one includes the early ESPN games too

https://www.theroar.com.au/nba/nba-live-stream-tv-guide-australia/

I've got the NBA LEague Pass 8-games a month package for $15 per month this season, which combined with the SBS and ESPN games hits at about the right amount of games for me.

Reply #874556 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

#PattyMillsBeastMode

Reply #874565 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:09 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754