koberulz
Years ago

Baynes to Miss Entire NBA Season

Boomers star Aron Baynes ruled out of entire NBA season following Tokyo Olympics injury

Star Australian centre Aron Baynes has not given up hope of continuing his NBA career despite being ruled out for the entire season with a serious neck injury.

Topic #49341 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sad end to an international career.

Reply #874493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBA career done, team wouldn't touch him after that injury unless they want a good vet at end of bench. And Europe probably too late now. Can see him doing a Bogut and ending up career in NBL.

Reply #874497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Odd he's not talking to Goorj or teammates.

Reply #874506 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

"Odd he's not talking to Goorj or teammates."

He isn't? What makes you say that? I thought that the public silence was just protocol and respect for his privacy (in medical matters). Do you have anything to substantiate that he's not talking to Goorj or teammates?

Reply #874507 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The article literally mentions them all trying to contact him and hearing nothing back. I think it's reasonable to infer from all this that he's after privacy.

Reply #874509 | Report this post

Rain Man  
Years ago

Wanting privacy is one thing, but not even letting them know you want some time alone is another. Seems a bit odd and maybe bit more to the story than we know?

Reply #874512 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

This situation is very sad and very odd.

I recall him being on Facetime with Nick Kay after the Bronze win. So its odd he's isolated himself like this.

Hope he can get back to full health.

Reply #874530 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Going full Schumacher?

Sounds like there's seriousness and an impact warranting privacy - hope he recovers quickly and strongly for his own sake even if his bball days are behind him, hopefully the next news we hear is good news about his health.

Reply #874543 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Nothing but best wishes for the big fella. I wonder if he was carrying an injury last season that the fall exacerbated? It would explain the sharp drop-off from his form at the Suns.

Reply #874560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This topic should be locked! Leave him alone.

Reply #874612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^yeah, I'm sure he's really reading this thread and getting upset FFS.

Reply #874616 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Know a little from a friend of his. Would just say, he has more things to worry about than calls. I think he needs to focus on him. Give him time.

Reply #874634 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:25 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754