KET
Years ago

Patty Mills Beastmode Alert

Why isn't this made? Is beast mode a permanent norm for him?

Another 21pts v Wiz, 5/9 from three.

That Olympic form has carried through with Mills!

Topic #49363 | Report this topic

Ben  
Years ago

BEAST. MODE.

Loving Patty's start with Brooklyn.

Reply #875065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's like the hulk now in thor ragnarok. It's just who he is now

Reply #875066 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Patty has found himself in the right situation to shine with Brooklyn and it's fantastic to see. He's been this player for a long time but now he can show the NBA that FIBA Patty can be all-the-time Patty. Now I am not sure anyone is going to try and say he's a better player than Kyrie Irving, but when the dust settles it may very well be that he's a better fit for this team than Kyrie.

Reply #875070 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

The international beast code dictate a 'Beast Mode' post is allowable if a player scores more than 50% over their career average ppg.

In this case a Beast Mode post is considered appropriate according to the international beast code.

Reply #875085 | Report this post

Loungefly  
Years ago

Am I the only one that thought the Spurs kept holding him back? His averages stayed very similar for the last few seasons and they always seem to put someone ahead of him but now he has the license and the system/teammates to really go off

Reply #875091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From a system perspective you're correct loungefly but patty is still playing as essentially the back up pg and now with now Kyrie he’s still in that role but instead of playing 16-24 mins (as was the case on the Spurs) it’s now more 24-31 mins.

Reply #875093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It also helps that with playing with harden and Durant he'll be getting a lot of open looks

Reply #875094 | Report this post

Monix  
Years ago

Definitely the case Loungefly. That's the way the Spurs play. Most of their better players in the Popp era could have had better numbers considering their abilities at other times. But probably wouldn't have had the team success they did.

Reply #875107 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Spurs make players better, but their stats don't necessarily "look good".

This situation for Mills - at Nets without Irving for the time being, is a great situation for him to be similar to Boomers Patty opposed to Spurs Patty, so he gets to do a lot of letting the ball fly

Reply #875110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Pop liked the idea of FIBA Patty, but struggled to give him the freedom to actually make it possible. A lot of teams will play Brooklyn with the mentality that if they can limit Durant/Harden and Irving (when he returns), they are prepared for the outcome to rest on the performance of the supporting cast. So Patty being aggressive, being able to swing the result, is perfect for Brooklyn and gives him a chance to do what he's doing.

As a fan of both Patty and the Spurs, though, I think they deserve a ton of credit for bringing him along and providing him with the development he needed. He was a turnover-prone, undersized, middling shooter when he arrived in SA. And yes he had to put the work in, but he was also lucky to have an environment that rewarded that work instead of moving onto the next shiny toy. A win-win.

Reply #875112 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

ME

I think you're right. The test will come when/ if Kyrie returns. Will the team fare better with Kyrie or Patty.

But Patty’s not getting any younger. How long can he keep this up at those minutes?

For Brooklyn, what are the backup plans for resting Patty, or (heaven forbid) he gets injured/ too fatigued?

Reply #875129 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754