Aussie
Years ago

Issues with Kayo?

Most games have streamed reasonably well but SEM v Illawarra kept temporarily freezing for me. Made it unwatchable.

How has your experience been with streaming the Blitz games on Kayo?

Topic #49438 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No game has streamed well for me.

Reply #876685 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Perhaps not tooo bad, not great. Picture pretty good, sound not the best, at times.

Reply #876686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not even having a game available til after it started today.

Commentator swearing on the broadcast late arvo quite professional.

Reply #876687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many, I'm using chrome cast google tv. The game won't even load till about 5 mins after starting. I have to watch the first 5 mins on my laptop and then keep trying the kayo app till it works. If this is a season-long issue I assure you they will lose many fans. For a league of this quality, its embarrassing. Please NBL team you guys have done so well to build the league up over the years but dont cut corners in such an important part of the product.

Reply #876688 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Haven't watched much but yet to have any probs using Kayo through Apple TV.

Reply #876695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not an nbl issue, its kayo

Reply #876698 | Report this post

Rupes  
Years ago

Issue? Yep, the war mongering prick who owns it.

Reply #876706 | Report this post

Fry  
Years ago

Yeah same, was good after the middle of 2nd quarter though. Melb V Syd was much better as well.

Reply #876724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep screen just goes blank. Problem with service and it's really poor / frustrating

Reply #876725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck @Aussie

I brought up issues with Kayo the other day, and basically got deemed incompetent by a certain few — as if to say I've never used a streaming service, or know how to navigate my way around a digital service.

Best bet. Follow Stevy’s advice: VPN -> YouTube

Production quality is off the regular season standard, but it’s reliable enough.

Reply #876734 | Report this post

Rupes  
Years ago

So frustrating. Not quite like having a bomb dropped on ya house killing your kids though...but hey, as long as you get to see that ball bounce buddy. Hopefully it's rectified ASAP, it’s just not on!

Reply #876773 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

My experience has been bad. Every time I log on with my phone it glitches and pauses. Audio is a bit fuzzy. By the time I'm logged in, it’s the last quarter..

Kayo isn’t capable with any of my tv’s. Sucks overseas viewers can watch on YouTube. All my tv’s have YouTube as an app but not Kayo. Isn’t Kayo meant to be Foxtel?

I have Foxtel. You think Foxtel could add the preseasons games to their sports section. Would prefer YouTube more accessible. It’s just disappointing NBL decide to give the public one option.

Reply #876775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@VictoriaTitans

Use a VPN and you can watch on YouTube.

Reply #876777 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

Are VPN's free?
Can I switch it on in YouTube’s settings.

Cheers!

Reply #876780 | Report this post

Stevy  
Years ago

@Victoria Titans

There are some good free VPNs available, such as Proton and the VeePN chrome extension. Just connect to any country since Australia is the only restricted location for the games. You could subscribe to a paid VPN service, but if you are only going to because of the NBL Blitz games, then I suggest you just go with the free options above. Paying is overkill unless you want more privacy, torrenting, etc.

There is no need to do anything on YT, just connect to the VPN server and voila, you can now watch the Blitz game on the NBL Channel. Just hide the live chat because it can get pretty toxic and that's me being nice about it, especially on Adelaide or SEM games.

Reply #876796 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Is it just because they've got it on the Kayo Freebies that there are issues? I have zero problems with Kayo for NBA and other sports

Reply #876811 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yes.

Reply #876818 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

They're not using a broadcast van with the bandwidth that they would usually have.

Reply #876830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's been pretty smooth for me, fingers crossed.

Reply #876834 | Report this post

Regular season games won't be on Youtube though, will they? So most of us are going to have to persevere with Kayo.

I found SBS OnDemand pretty faultless last year.

Reply #877407 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:57 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754