Reply #876689 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Marshall looks like he has some potential
King also showing some nice signs early

Reply #876690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liking the looks of Hannahs already, for a shooter he's not afraid to put the ball on the floor

Reply #876691 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Any word when we're likely to see Withers and Harris?

Reply #876692 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Wasn't expecting much from Malou, but he's impressed me in the first game and a bit

Reply #876693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hendo, when JVG stops enjoying a holiday and does his job and gets their international clearance.

Reply #876694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Humphries looking fit, CJ looking good on sideline barking instructions. Preseason but so far Sixers looking better than I thought.

Reply #876696 | Report this post

Charon 83  
Years ago

JVG doing his job! What actually is that again?

Reply #876699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New season. Still hopeless from the arc.

Reply #876700 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Lol King

Reply #876701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible game

Reply #876702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As usual people wrong about the Sixers. Beat Perth without DJ and Withers and playing like shit.

They will be top of the ladder at full strength. Perth will flop this year hear me now.

Reply #876703 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I hope Fox gets rid of crummy stat overlays for the season proper. Yuck.

Reply #876704 | Report this post

Juno 97  
Years ago

shocking game - not sure either team could take much from that

Reply #876709 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" As usual people wrong about the Sixers. Beat Perth without DJ and Withers and playing like shit."

Perth were missing an import that comes with high reputation, and guys like Cotton only played half the game.

You can't take anything like that from the game.

“ I hope Fox gets rid of crummy stat overlays for the season proper. Yuck.”

Don’t worry - it’s ESPN, and this isn’t proper nbl coverage, they contract out the camera and graphics stuff every preseason (and nbl 1). This is the exact same as last year.

Reply #876710 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

Did Adam Forde just push his assistant?? What just happened?

Reply #876712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As were Adelaide without key players Withers, DJ and Sotto.

Cotton played as much minutes as Humphries and McCarron.

Reply #876713 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"Did Adam Forde just push his assistant?? What just happened?"

Yeah, shoved him and indicated for him to go back to the bench. Not a great look...

Reply #876714 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Do you seriously think Sotto is a key player?!

Reply #876715 | Report this post

Just a Fan  
Years ago

AngusH yeah seems a little too much not a great look after getting smashed

Reply #876718 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Oh yes, Adelaide beat Perth in the first game of the Blitz,

So clearly this means that Adelaide will win the championship, and the Streak will end

cos Perf suks and Trev is a flog

Reply #876721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kai Sotto a Key Player? Hahaha

Reply #876722 | Report this post

Rhea23  
Years ago

What happened with hryum Harris for the Sixers?

Reply #876723 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Not much to take from this game. Both teams missing plenty of key players. Not sure i expected much from Perth in their first run. 36er's looked a bit more match fit. Both teams didn't look like running much offensive or defensive sets.

Reply #876727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't take too much from preseason of course but dufelmeier has looked like a great pick up so far! Been really impressive in the first two games for the Sixers, keen for the year ahead if we get lucky in terms of injuries

Reply #876730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Duff can flat out play. Mike Kelly you sir were and I assume still are an idiot not recognising talent when it's staring you right in the face.

Reply #876731 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Not sure I would be bagging Mike Kelly who was COTY only a couple of years ago. Yes, Dufelmeier was a DP but for all we know he could've been stinking it up at training and then only finally started showing something when he started getting court time halfway through last season due to injuries.

He certainly looked like he belonged on a roster what I saw of him last season and Kelly was rumoured to be getting the chop before last season had even finished so Duf didn't leave Cairns because he expected Kelly to be back there this season.

Keep in mind Kyle Adnam bounced around the NBL as a development player for years on three different teams before United finally gave him a spot on their roster.

Reply #876732 | Report this post

Short Memory  
Years ago

Cast your feeble minds back to the 2019-2020 preseason when the 36ers beat perth in of best of 3 series to then go on and miss the finals while perth won their 10th cup

Reply #876733 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Blitz game, 36ers v Cairns, was better standard,
(Perth start seasons slow and finish in finals)
Hannahs started like some kinda supa player, but only moderate, later.
I.H. and some others look rusty, need a run

Reply #876740 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

No only were Perth missing their import, but also Norton and Blanchfield

Reply #876751 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Any idea why Frazier didn't play? Wanted to see what type of role they used him in, expecting him to back up Cotton, but possibly starts with no Blanch early.

Reply #876755 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

He was needing conditioning after 2 weeks quarantine apparently.

Reply #876758 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Fair enough, thought he'd been practicing with the team for the last 2 weeks at least or so. Nothing gets you back into condition that playing in a game, prob suit up next one.

Reply #876759 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Adelaide have been resting players, I wouldn't be expecting clubs to field full teams for some/most of these blitz games.

Re Hannahs - I feel like he’s going to be a hot and cold player, and lack of height/physical strength might spell trouble if the opposition focus a lot of attention on him.

Bit of an X factor vibe about him.

When he’s cold - that’s more reason to want a dusty rychart type player that cleans up after misses and does all the dirty work.

It’ll also mean Withers, Dech and King should go hard for longer rebounds as well.

Withers/Dech/King will be critical to 1) cover the three point scoring (alongside DJ), when Hannahs isn’t knocking them down and 2) make sure they are enough of a scoring threat to command defence and open up the court.

If players have to hedge or focus on guys like Withers, Dech, King - that will stretch the defence and give Hannahs easier shots. Also hope those guys draw the lengthier defenders.

If those guys find their stroke, the ripple effect is fantastic, if they don’t, this team could look real cold.

PG position is very solid; SG/SF a lot depends on what kind of form we see - the potential is there; PF/C is that defensive, clean up the paint, do the dirty work type piece short IMO.

Reply #876762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hannah reminded me a little bit Lisch when he came into the league, I'm not saying he’s the next lisch though. Looks like he could be good though.

Reply #876766 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Pre-season / Blitz games are for teams to try players / rotations / schemes and for both these teams, how the coaches go with the players.

I wouldn't be crowing about a win nor concerned about a loss.

Reply #876768 | Report this post

Anony  
Years ago

Sixers are looking pretty good after all. Factor in DJ continuing to be offensive threat... the paint be owned by humpty and Tad and Han look real smart players... thinking group my well surprise. CJ seems relaxed which helps to build a confidence in the team. Early days but looking very promising...let's get this sesson rolling asap.. get few first up wins be great.

Reply #876769 | Report this post

Anony  
Years ago

Sixers are looking pretty good after all. Factor in DJ continuing to be offensive threat... the paint be owned by humpty and Tad and Han look real smart players... thinking group my well surprise. CJ seems relaxed which helps to build a confidence in the team. Early days but looking very promising...let's get this sesson rolling asap.. get few first up wins be great.

Reply #876770 | Report this post

Anony  
Years ago

Reply #876771 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

If they're half as good as your posting skills they'll probably win every game game game

Reply #876772 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I think CJ being relaxed is the most important take away from the Blitz and gives not just the players confidence but supporters like myself also.

Uptight, highly strung coaches like Gleeson fail to win championships because there's just no 'confidence in the team'.

Reply #876774 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Uptight coaches like Gleeson don't win championships - except the 5 championships Gleeson won.

Like there’s not a million Perth fans ready to pounce on that remark!

Reply #876776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously satire by @LoveBroker, KET!

But it's a good point. Adam Forde is the glaring standout, and I think he’s approach is totally off. He reminds me of that asst coach at Indiana who pushed his own player last season.

Reply #876778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking relaxed could mean he has no clue what's going on.

Reply #876786 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Haha I thought long and hard and came to the conclusion LB wasn't being sarcastic!

Reply #876791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Roth is the coolest on the sidelines besides CJ

Reply #876809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:21 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754