Anon
Years ago

Alex mudronja 3 year deal with Hawks

Kid from Adelaide, thoughts?

Topic #49453 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

36ers released him early from the last year of his contract, not NBL standard but good luck to him.

What I don't get with the Hawks is the silly bugger stuff they're playing with their roster. They had already re-signed Coenraad as a non-rostered injury replacement player. Now they've signed Mudronja as an injury replacement but Coenraad will be elevated to the full roster as the replacement for Grida.

So in other words Mudronja won't be playing for them unless filling in for another injured player.

Reply #876980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very smart signing by the Hawks. The kid definately has a big NBL future ahead of him. It's a great backcourt future at the Hawks with Naar, Grida, and White (another SA kid) and now Mudronja.

Reply #876998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#998 Thanks Mum Mudronja

Reply #876999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's a nice list of names to keep the pine warm for the Hawks’ import guards.

Reply #877002 | Report this post

Anony  
Years ago

Great result for a hard working kid.never given decent opportunity at sixers... following instep of other success stories from sturt in I white. Both these guys are going to be the how did sixers let them go in the future stories.. talent drain outwards.brissy mcvigh deng Creek
More leave and bosson elsewhere..reoccurring story line.

Reply #877016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And moronic multiple full stop guy is back.
As for Mudronja, his future must be bright compared to his very shit past.

Reply #877021 | Report this post

Full stop guy  
Years ago

Lol... so gapping and spacing upset you ... called getting good use of space.. full stop guy I like your suggestion..disappointing to be so negative on players trying to dev..like my posting never stop dev .. from small seeds grow big palms

Reply #877032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

...you are like Mudronja, not up to standard.

Reply #877035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So any anti Sturt post now gets deleted hey.

Is hoops run by BSA now?

Reply #877039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another career that the 6ers almost butchered. Great to see him land at a good club. Reckon he'll go ok.

Reply #877052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers not only almost stuffed his career, but are now paying fir him to play against them! And he's a local SA boy.

Reply #877053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice kid, not NBL standard. It's as simple as that. Being an SA boy is irrelevant in the professional sport landscape

Reply #877055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's the Sixers way. Imagine the money being spent on people not to be involved with the club at the moment.

Reply #877056 | Report this post

Sixers1  
Years ago

"not NBL standard" Signed a 3 year deal by one of the best NBL coaches ever but I am sure your opinion Zodiac is more highly valued in the basketball community.

Reply #877058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac knows best, better than Goorj obviously! What a lame!

Reply #877063 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Ignoring the trolls, Mudronja had an option on his contract for this season that was declined so no the Sixers aren't paying him not to play he was a FA.

Reply #877076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#060 how about instead of whinging about recruiting. You work on actually making your program good enough players don't want to leave / want to come ..

Reply #877103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Sturty I understand you'd like to dismiss the facts in my post and make it all about my club.

Basketball in SA is a deliberately designed unfair playing field, created by years of influence by Sturt people within BSA Staff and Committees. Interesting that when that was addressed, Sturt failed to recruit any talent and were surpassed by both Norwood and North in the boys and Forestville and Eastern in the girls.
That's the one and only issue that needs to be addressed. Until that is every other clubs starts 20point behind.
Yet even with all that in mind this Winter Sturt only won 1/10 Division 1 Junior titles. What's that say about how superior Sturt's program is?

Reply #877105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Asking for a friend, but would Adelaide supporters prefer to see a bad team full of Adelaide juniors than a team recruiting the best players they can? Outside of DPS, do they even have any locally-born or developed players? Who is there that would be a regular rotation player? (Creek doesn't count, he was developed in Vic) So... Majok Deng?

Reply #877111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think supporters would just like a winning team, a bit of local flavour a bonus. I remember when I was a kid and when Ninnis and Brett Wheeler got put on, normally in garbage time, the crowd went nuts. They the had to go interstate to develop.
It is interesting that SA junior teams have had success but no-one has broken through in senior ranks.

Reply #877116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder how Ninnis will go coaching South and his recruiting methods, if they will be similar to his stint at Sturt. Told players if they wanted a chance at Sixers they needed to transfer to Sturt.

Reply #877117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#105, this is how it is in NSW as well.

Reply #877123 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

Thanks #117, that's the funniest load of bullshit I’ve read in a long time!

Reply #877125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Old mate, suggest you have a look at list of dp Sixers had then and how suddenly they joined Sturt.

Reply #877128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah. Can't believe Holmes, Foreman and Williams would all choose to play at Sturt. Quite unbelievable really when you consider who they play juniors for.

Reply #877132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

owen hulland signing anywhere

Reply #877133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All of South rejoices.

Reply #877135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac, again you're wrong!!!!! There was no option on the contract you fool, he was paid out of his final season before FA began! Stop pretending like you know details!

Reply #877137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Off top of head add Matt Illman, Todd Gower, Justin Wilkey and Ng. Who'd they play juniors for?
One of those personally told me he didn't want to leave club he was at but if didn't go to Sturt it would hurt his chances.

Reply #877138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illman was teammates with Ninnis at South and went with him to Sturt, Wilkey was selected to train with the 36ers before he went to Sturt and Ng never played for him there.
Don't let the truth stand in the way of a good story though champ!

Reply #877141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, I'll change that statement to want to stay training with Sixers.

Reply #877152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As expected more anti Sturt posts deleted. But lies about Ninnis are fine. Facts about Sturt staff and BSA. Deleted.

Reply #877159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time will tell us if he's any good. Every team needs budget players at bottom of bench, at present he probably fits the bill nicely, if any good will get pay rise in a few years. IMO Joey probably recommend him to goorg.

Reply #877169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's signed on as training fodder. Possible roster spot IF someone else has a long term injury.

Willing to move from Adelaide for no money. Good luck to him but there are a lot of non basketball reasons for his signing, as well as the fact he's not actually signed to a roster spot.

Reply #877170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummm again, another know it all!!! He's actually getting paid....THIS YEAR, whether he hits the court or not! You spuds are so consumed with your hate for someone that you speak as of you know anything! Further to this year, there are two more years on the deal! Stop be know it all douche bags, none of you made the league or coach in the league, so stick to Wednesday night social.

Reply #877189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"none of you made the league or coach in the league, so stick to Wednesday night social"

Ah, that old line, which people say when they have no valid argument.

So I assume you have no opinion about our Prime Minister, because you've never actually been in charge of running a country?

Reply #877190 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

" It's a great backcourt future at the Hawks with Naar, Grida, and White (another SA kid) and now Mudronja."

Grida MAYBE.. but come on. The rest of those guys aren't any good.

"Nice kid, not NBL standard. It's as simple as that. Being an SA boy is irrelevant in the professional sport landscape"

Exactly. The question is can you play or not? As long as South Australian kids have pathways to succeed it's not up to anyone to ensure that they get pushed through if they dont turn out to be that good.

"Asking for a friend, but would Adelaide supporters prefer to see a bad team full of Adelaide juniors than a team recruiting the best players they can? "

Weird thing is there are a lot of people who would prefer that. Boti seems a bit obsessed with the amount of SA players on the team. I personally don't think it's hugely relevant. The league needs the best possible players. If SA players aren't making the cut, that's a problem of the development programs and not the league or any particular team.

Yes Adelaide missed the boat on Newley and Ingles, but Mudronja isn't on their level I think we can safe quite safely! Good luck to the kid but I don't think 36ers fans will be mourning that loss too harshly in future

Reply #877194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's pretty simple. Australian player’s who go to St Marys don’t quit. Massive red flag. If you people ever have the time ask opposition he played against you would have understanding. Maybe nice guy just not good enough. COE experiment that didn’t work. He is always going to be promoted by certain people. Just like Kenyon. Failure looks bad on them.

Reply #877198 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:46 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754