Anonymous
Years ago

COVID case at Southern Peninsula tournament

Hi everyone

I have just received a message to get my child tested after a covid positive case was at southern peninsula tournament. Southern Peninsula haven't publicly released details yet.
Out of caution I suggest getting your child tested before VJBL games/training.

Topic #49515 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which stadium?

Reply #878268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is not really a responsible post if you don't provide details of the stadium / time.

Reply #878274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes! Stadium and time frame please

Reply #878276 | Report this post

Old Coach  
Years ago

Yes I agree, name the stadium and the timeframe or you are just grandstanding

Reply #878280 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

That's not what "grandstanding" means.

A stadium and time would be more helpful, but this is more helpful than saying nothing.

Reply #878295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No it's actually irresponsible

Reply #878296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Folks really are sad on this site

Reply #878297 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's literally the exact opposite of irresponsible.

Reply #878301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently all the close contacts have been contacted

Reply #878302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Instead of just adding fear and posting this.
The tournament have contacted everyone who is deemed a close contact.
I know this because I've been contacted by them.
It’s no biggie and was probably expected.

Reply #878303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope it doesn't effect any VJBL teams.

Reply #878308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Golly gee the standard at the tournament has dropped. My daughter played in the highest division and teams were beaten by 50 points.

Reply #878309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be more responsible to name court and time BUT organisers should make everyone aware that it occurred. People do with information what they will but let them know. It was casual

Reply #878317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tournament acted responsibly. The OP did not. The tournament was played across a large number of courts. I expect the purpose of the post was to put some level of fear and / or uncertainly into people, not to provide any useful info. Or to pot the tournament. Shocking.

Reply #878324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Appreciate you telling us know. Low risk chance of it spreading but nobody wants to be in isolation.
No grandstanding if the OP was truth telling. People need to know. With the aggressive posts and anger in community about covid best to keep yourself anonymous.
seems that sun are connected to Tournament on this forum
Pray that your child is healthy and negative. Overlooked by other posters. Shame on them. Immature

Reply #878335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Standard may have dropped but was still miles ahead of the regional option at Shepparton by all reports.

Reply #878336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What stadium? what time? please update as this is causing panic.

Reply #878338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#338 why not contact tournament? Or take children to be tested? People in and out of restaurants stadiums shops and the like probably spread wider than in stadium.

Reply #878341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Much wider issue on the peninsula, not just tournament. 17 active cases in Dromana Holiday Village and now under a DHS order.

Reply #878343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Getting rid of G, and BM was a huge mistake for sharks.
After poaching top young Chelsea juniors with promise of success reality has hit hard. U18 girls lost by 90 points in grading. A team that two years ago was one of top ranked teams in the state.
These kids were sold how much of an improvement it would be at the tank. now are wondering why they left. Sold lemon. Parents are devastated both old and new.
Credibility of manager and DOC is in ruins. A lot of angry parents.
A lot of feedback coming back to the nest and if the kids weren't involved we would find it funny.

Reply #878360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sthn Penn have never been a top ranked team in this age group.

Reply #878385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sthn penn are currently not a top ranked group at any age group. Tournament results are a wake up call. People in charge are lost puppies

Reply #878390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ya'll at Chelsea sound like you have a bit of an bone to pick, maybe a bit of insecurity? Turn a covid post into this? SP are doing just fine, recently appointed WNBL ref, first large sporting event back in the state, excessive high performance player numbers for a club their size (minus all the ones poached). Unless poached players is a measure for success as #360 would suggest??

Reply #878391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

High performance?
Sthn Penn What is the list of high performance players? Too ashamed to publicise.
You have none.
None have been poached. Who'd want them?

Reply #878403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey champ!
SP doing fine results don't lie!
A recap of the tournament:
U12.1 boys lost 3 and won 1
U14.1 girls lost by 44, 53 and 55 points
U14.1 boys lost by 35 62 and 64 points
U16 boys lost every game by double digits
U16 girls won 2 and lost two by 19 and 23
U18.1 girls lost by 62, 32 and 35
Y'all Doing just fine
Haven't seen a list of coaches recently! People have had enough of the culture. Repeat of Chelsea two years ago.

Reply #878405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players poached? Or ran out the door?
Who?

Reply #878421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The standard of SP tournament was disappointing. It would seem SP organiser threw integrity out the window by making sure their teams were placed in highest level. Even if unwarranted. Loss of over 40 points don't help either team. Shocking that adults put their ego in front of children's needs.

Reply #878432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope this doesn't turn into a Hawthorn thread!

Reply #878443 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What's happening at Hawthorn?

Reply #878449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The notification was for Frankston Stadium on 5/12

Reply #878532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see someone from the health department on this forum to answer the questions. And quick as normal.

Reply #878535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rosebud stadium.
Saturday.
Covid outbreaks at rosebud primary could be linked.
Mornington stadium on Saturday

Reply #878595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The feedback from our teams was it was very disorganised. Games running late, poor organisation and schedules were ridiculous. One of our team played top division and had to play three games in one day after 6 pm. More about the cash this year. Extra disappointing to have so many covid outbreaks. We didn't see a covid Marshall on the door at all.

Reply #878950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No COVID marshal on site at most venues, one venue had no QR code to check in. I could continue..

Reply #879055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please do...

Reply #879166 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:08 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754