what are the worst basketball stadiums in victoria

Topic #49520 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warrandyte

Reply #878344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warrandyte needs a multi-court home, but its single court itself is not bad, but it gets bloody cold in winter!

Donvale Indoor Sports Complex is a hole and needs upgrading, as does nearby Mullauna SC.

Diamond Valley getting an upgrade was long overdue and should be better once re-opened.

Apart from Court 1 at Frankston, the rest are terrible. That upgrade is long overdue.

Reply #878345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently Diamond Valley's stadium might be turned into a hospital instead?

Reply #878346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AWA Geelong,try coaching there you get dozens of people walk past players benches,nowhere for spectators to sit,and every time a whistle blows 3 courts stop,would be an ideal training venue but that's it,for a town the size of Geelong they need what Ballarat and Bendigo have,but all government funds go to footy in the region,

Reply #878349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston is definitely indeed of some make up hahahah

Reply #878351 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

MSAC at finals time, playing in those middle courts. Had my assistant coach finish up with a migraine after two separate VC finals with whistles going off everywhere. Had one VC preliminary final moved on the night from Court 1 to Court 5 with the crowd having to stand around the edges of the courts. Meanwhile, heaps of better stadia were vacant. Never cost my team a win (we were 0-4 in knockout situations at MSAC against better teams), but it certainly didn't feel like a finals night should feel. In contrast, both Dandenong and SBC felt like finals stadia.
Might be sour grapes.

Reply #878358 | Report this post

benched  
Years ago

Solid list already building.

Dandenong is vastly overrated now compared to modern stadiums

Keysborough

Reply #878361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dromana (southern pen)

Reply #878372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about the best

Reply #878374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marion in Adelaide says hold my beer! 2 court tin shed that you can buy a better one from Bunnings. From memory they had to put a tent on the second court for nbl1 games a couple of years ago. And has/had bigger craters than the moon in the carpark. Could not find a worse stadium if you tried.

Reply #878377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#377 obviously haven't been there in a while

Reply #878379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

379, no I haven't. Know they got new floors but no matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a tin shed turd. Name a worse nbl1 stadium in the state, let alone the country.

Reply #878383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's no longer a NBL1 venue, South are moving for season 22.

But it has new floors, better than St Clair's, new seating, benches, carpark is completely sealed and line marked and its air conditioned.

Reply #878386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

379, I have, quite a few times, and it's still a hole.

Adelaide's worst by an absolute mile.

Reply #878388 | Report this post

benched  
Years ago

MARS in adelaide easily the worst venue my teams have been at for the tournament and maybe ALL TIME, I wasn't sure if we playing basketball or waiting to milk the cows

Reply #878419 | Report this post

benched  
Years ago

Best stadium is

I like SBC and also BSC as well

Reply #878420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the best list:

Mullum Mullum
Casey Stadium (newewst part)
Eagle Stadium (Werribee)
La Trobe Sports Stadium (La Trobe Uni)

Reply #878422 | Report this post

Old Coach  
Years ago

Slater Reserve is downright dangerous, side walls 2m from court sidelines, scorebenches basically on the sidelines.

Sheahans Road similar.

Reply #878424 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

But Slater and Sheehan's were built in the 60s, weren’t they? They certainly LOOK ancient.

Agree, btw - they’re actually dangerous with today’s speed and athleticism

Reply #878428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've always thought that Nunawading from a safety and spectator perspective is pretty ordinary

Reply #878430 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Eagle Stadium at Werribee would be up there with the best that I have been at in Victoria.

Reply #878431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nunawading's Court 1 is actually good, but the other 4 courts...another story.

Reply #878433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apart from Kilsyth's show court, the other courts are dangerous given the lack of space.

Reply #878434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kilsyth is pretty good with courts 1,5 and 6.
The others... well…yeah

Reply #878438 | Report this post

Old Coach  
Years ago

Quite a few school courts around that are concrete covered with lino. None are used for VJBL but they do get used for domestic and for tournaments. These need to be phased out of usage for under 16 and above asap.

Reply #878441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The old forestville stadiums court 2 would definitely raise a few eyebrows if you think 2 metres is dangerous. From memory one sideline was about 20 cms away from court 1s stands. Actually had to stand on line to inbound.
But the rings on court 1 were so soft, could hardly miss on them.

Reply #878442 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

And let's not start on the asbestos possibilities

Reply #878445 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Anywhere inhabited by East Perth.

Reply #878450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Balwyn Leisure Centre was horrendous

Reply #878455 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Gotta give Hillcrest some credo in this thread.. dodging gumtrees to park. Moon craters in carpark less seating than at bunnings bbq and well shit hole hot box. Dark spots on court but that because lights were on. Floating floors lol. But best hot dogs
in the universe.. and best fun time bar bar none..Hillcrest you bloody legend..

Reply #878478 | Report this post

Monix  
Years ago

The Sherbrooke stadiums were always pretty average. Agree with Warrandyte too.
Best for me would be Casey/Wyndham/SBC, but I haven't seen the new Ballarat/Bendigo revamps either.

Reply #878485 | Report this post

Doggr  
Years ago

Casey basketball stadium looks state of the art but need to sit on the floor in the main court and court next to it as there's no seating.

Reply #878560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Northside is quite good.

Reply #878561 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:08 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754