Anonymous
Years ago

GSW developing vs better chances now

should Golden State sacrifice developing new players to help the chances of the team for this season? I read a story about Indiana blowing up their roster and could Warriors get Turner for maybe Wiseman and Moody or someone like that? Looney isnt enough.

Topic #49526 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They already have a good chance this year. No need to trade away future pieces if they can contribute now.

Reply #878545 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seem to have a pretty decent parallel to past championship teams but maybe without the Bogut role? Certainly an interesting position to be in, straddling now and future. I'd be inclined to trade and strengthen for the current window.

Reply #878559 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Its definitely a good problem to have. Its unfortunate that Wiseman has been out to start the season as it does seem a strong C is the only thing they're really missing and it would be good to see if he can be that for them yet.

I'd be surprised if they dont end up trading one of the 3 young fellas (Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody) for some current help. Those guys MIGHT turn into good players but still huge question marks and the Warriors are genuine contenders now which isnt a place many teams find themselves in very often and I think you have to go for it.

With the Blazers and Pacers really likely to start selling, there's some great pieces that the Ws should be looking at.

Reply #878565 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, you make the sacrifices or draft to win championships. If this year and/or next are solid options, I think you do it. Teams regularly make bigger moves to improve their chances.

Reply #878579 | Report this post

Musk  
Years ago

Didn't Meyers say when drafting Wiseman that they’re looking to still be competitive but develop young talent at the same time. Implying that they’ll keep their young players.

Plus they still don’t have Klay back so they might be waiting to see how they look with him first and how Wiseman is before making any moves.

Reply #878589 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Yeah it would definitely help to see those two out on the floor. Wiseman's value would be at an all time low at the moment so they might have to hang on to him. They seem high on Kuminga so I reckon Moody might be the one dangled.

I disagreed with people at the time who said the Warriors made a mistake taking Wiseman over Ball, but I (the Warriors) have been proven wrong. Imagine the trade options they'd have for Lamelo now.

Reply #878592 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:50 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754