Camel 31
Years ago

JackJumpers vs 36ers, Dec 9, 2021

Will be most interesting to watch.
I'll go 36ers by one point in overtime.

Topic #49527 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Make or break for the Sixers already. JJ's snuck the W last Friday in OT against a not very good Bullets outfit. Sixers also aren't very good and with the JJ's up against Taipans, Wildcats and the Kings away their season is on the line already as well.

Reply #878533 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Sixers by 6, if Dech is playing by 10

vJJs don't have the talent that Sixers do.

Humphries and DJ will be a handful for McVeigh and Magnay on either end.

McCarron is must better than MacDaniels and I am hoping Hannahs can at least match J Adams.

Reply #878534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talent doesn't necessarily mean anything. As KD said, hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. If Dusty struggles he'd be dead man walking. And Dech is apparently out.
JJ by 13.

Reply #878536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since Kai Sotto is still out, I think Adelaide continues the losing streak without their best player.

Reply #878537 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Ah great! just what we need. Hopefully not bad.

Reply #878539 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

We have to be the worst team at post entry passes.

Reply #878540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hannahs looks better but 36ers overall look disjointed.

For the Jumpers if Steindl is your best offensive player you're in for a long season.

These two teams make up the bottom with Cairns.

Reply #878541 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Surely the Sixers cannot F it up from here.

Reply #878546 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

you were saying...

Reply #878548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bro, this is the 36ers. Anything can be messed up.

Reply #878549 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Drama!

Reply #878550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the Russian kid the new Terry Armstrong?

Reply #878551 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Well its a win. Let us never speak of it again.

Reply #878552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adam's played well late but that was a bit unnecessary hero ball on that possession.

Reply #878553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Out of loop, where is Sotto?

Reply #878554 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Not saying its a bad thing but CJ coaches like phil smyth on valium.

Reply #878555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Take the W while you can get.

Reply #878556 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Last couple of minutes were exciting but man, looked like a div 3 under 14s game at times with all the turnovers.

Reply #878558 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Hard to get too excited about that win. Neither team played particularly well. It's nice to get something out of Dusty Hannahs. But I think what we're seeing above all is just how incomprehensibly stupid it is to throw a bag a Mitch McCarron. The guy was borderline useless tonight. Jaylen Adams costs less. Let's just keep that in mind. McCarron is the overrated Aussie player personified - a guy who would not get a gig as an import yet 36ers deign to pay him like one.

Reply #878562 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

To state the obvious JJ's lack height, had McVeigh on Johnson. Could not hit a barn door in the first half, they were lucky Clint Stiendl was hot to be still in it.

Hannas hit shots when needed as did Duflemeir. JJ's also do not have a backup at the point and look vulnerable with Weeks playing.

Very frustrating game to watch, being at the game makes you realise that just playing hard does not always win games, the Jackjumpers needed to hit shots their 3 point shooting was abysmal especially in the first half and Magnay was up against it. Not sure what is going on with Nikita.

Reply #878563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Duflemeier embarrassed Weeks making him look old. Steindl whilst hot only played 22minutes. Whats up with that? McIntosh right now is looking likely to be the 1st import sacked. FFS Magnay is supposed to be NBA material and only had 3 points and 3 rebounds! McDaniel is a role player only and nothing more. Lack of height had nothing to do with it Scout. JJ's lost the rebound count by 1.
Cairns will be their litmus test this early in the season. I certainly have predicted Cairns to be bottom. If they lose that one...

Reply #878564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I found that hard to watch. Apart from the game itself the telecast was poor from a camera-work viewpoint. Everything seemed dark and was made all the worst by the commentary. It was a second class production.

We need Sunday back!!

Reply #878566 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Even though Dusty ended up scoring a respectableish points total, you'd have to think he's not far off from being the first import sent home.

I know he pretty much won the game for them, but aside from that, he really (overall) didn't contribute much IMO.

Reply #878568 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Years ago

"I know he pretty much won the game for them, but aside from that, he really (overall) didn't contribute much IMO."

Won the game for them and top scored. Yeah nah didn't do much. Classic one BeeGee!

Reply #878569 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

I wasn't aware that he top scored, but irrespective of that I still believe based off his first few performances that he is going to be the first to go home.

I will concede that if he plays how he did last night, he may not be.

Reply #878571 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Afraid to say McIntosh might be the first to go. Like him and it is damn early but he isn't the type of player the JJ's need.

Reply #878573 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How did DJ not dominate if McVeigh was his opposite?

Reply #878580 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"How did DJ not dominate if McVeigh was his opposite?"

I actually don't think this team knows how to use any of its weapons properly. Got a point guard who isn't a point guard, a brand new coach, a backcourt that is suspect and a bunch of plodding big men who provide much of the same thing as eachother. The team doesn't know where it's going offensively, defensively, and they're not going to do well without personnel changes.

Reply #878581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most of the spuds have long term contracts too. Roth is trying to build a Culture based team. He will build a team of culture based spuds. Last night proved it.

Reply #878590 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Watched the replay this morning and had the displeasure of seeing the garden gnome on the JackJumpers bench.

How did Radford worm his way back into the NBL??

Reply #878593 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Disagree while not great performance by sixers its a win. Plenty of upside to come with skill and game strategy to surely improve as season rolls on. Performances from DJ and IH will organically evolve. Imports getting their court feet. CJ more comfortable. Good win in tough environment. Sixers to begin to accumulate scaps now. Home home with some confidence. Let's get full rockin house

Reply #878594 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

a backcourt that is suspect

I think a backcourt of McCarron, Hannahs, Dech, Duffelmeier and King is one of the best in the league.

Perth have Cotton of course but after Cotton and Norton, its Kevin White, Zunic and Frazier (yet to play so unknown).

CG, Delly, Illi are very handy but drops off after that.

Reply #878596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll take Munford, Adnam, Le’afa, Gliddon any day of the week

Reply #878597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How did Radford worm his way back into the NBL??"
A Tasmanian and a yes man. Roth knows that Radford will be happy for the gig and not stab him in the back.

Reply #878599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course the backcourt is suspect. Hannah's close to being sacked and you argue Duffelmeir and King are good.
McCarron and Dech are decent, but with the money they're on you'd expect all NBL 1st or 2nd team.
Not exactly Maher and Farley territory.

Reply #878600 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:07 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754