BLAZER
Years ago

Centrals Div 2 Men

not sure if this has been posted previously.

What has happened to Div 2 mens Centrals team.

I just noticed there is now a bye each round.

Did they not have players, or did they just give up?

They appear to still have a div 1 team.

Topic #4954 | Report this topic

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

All I know is that BASA let South know before last weeks game that Centrals had withdrawn from the competition.

And they still have a Team in Div 3.

Reply #56959 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

My understanding is that each club with ABL representation must have teams in all div 1 and 2 comps.

Is this correct?

Reply #56961 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

I doubt it blazer, the women's div 2 comp only has seven teams in it.

Reply #56964 | Report this post

Lippy  
Years ago

All clubs have been informed, a number of weeks ago, that Centrals will not nominate a Div 2 team this season (summer).

Blazer the only team stipulation with regard to the ABL is that each club in the ABL must nominate a Mens and Womens team.

Seeing as this is State League, it doesn't apply anywho.

Reply #56978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blazer, you NUT, its the silly season. Just have the week off.

Reply #56981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just struggling to fill teams so had to pull out of that div for summer

Reply #56984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I have to say the biggest load of crap. There are plenty of players that would have loved the opportunity to fill in "vacant" spots in the div 2 team. Centrals seem to overlook their div 3 team and rely on juniors, as they have 3 or 4 juniors playing in their 1 team this year, they pulled their 2 team as they didnt want to play Mens 1, Mens 2 and U20's 1.
Personally I feel it looks worse on the club to be missing a team than having them loose but at least giving it a bash. Yes I am affiliated with centrals and no I couldnt play mens 2 but I know lots of players in the Mens 3 team would have taken the opportunity without thinking about it.

Reply #57049 | Report this post

BLAZER  
Years ago

Not complaining about the week off.

IMO it's not very professional and it sends a message to other clubs that they are limited and not looking outside the square.

What happens in the main season if their reserves, or lack of reserves, haven't had the game time and game situations to cope with the transition.

I just don't think its good for Centrals as a club or the competition, IMO.

Reply #57052 | Report this post

disgruntled  
Years ago

anonymous your obviously in div 3 mens team are you?

Reply #57062 | Report this post

wateva  
Years ago

surely it makes sense to bolster a div 2 side with div three players. You mightn't get the wins you may want but then again you might. Plus you never know when a player may step up and make you see that he is more than capable of playing a higher grade.

Reply #57083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

digruntled - did you read my comment "Yes I am affiliated with centrals and no I couldnt play mens 2"
NO I am not a div 3 player

Reply #57123 | Report this post

Matt W  
Years ago

who couldnt play centrals 3's, they stink up the joint

Reply #91708 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:22 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754