Mystro
Years ago

Breakers Vs Jackjumpers

The 0-5 NZ Breakers debut their injury replacement player Chasson Randle against the 1-4 Jackjumpers this afternoon.
I honestly believe this NZ team is much better than their record suggests.

NZ by double figures

Topic #49590 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dieng is a net negative, Breakers need to DNP him if they want to start winning some games.

Reply #880684 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Mystro, this Breakers team is crap and still have an ordinary coach.

Matt Walsh has been a disaster for that club.

Reply #880685 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Is anyone else on Kayo getting interrupted coverage???

Reply #880686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kayo stream is blurry af

Reply #880687 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Thanks Zodiac for your sharing your in depth analysis. I feel like I really learnt something.

Reply #880688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ESPN coverage was crap. Perfect atm.

Reply #880689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is anyone else on Kayo getting interrupted coverage???

Perfect on 10 Peach.

Reply #880690 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Thanks Zodiac for your sharing your in depth analysis. I feel like I really learnt something.

Don't crack the sulks because I said your team is crap, you're normally better than that. If it's any consolation my team the 36ers are crap too, just not as bad as the Breakers.

Reply #880691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers team is fine. Hard to win when you're away all the time and the refs are trying to make sure you lose and JJs get home wins.

Reply #880692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers are worse than the Breakers.

Reply #880693 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Kayo stream is blurry af

Same on Fox Sports More via Foxtel.

Ten insisting on an early Sunday game has really messed everything up.

Reply #880694 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

36ers are worse than the Breakers.

Incorrect, aside from us having two wins to them being winless and currently getting pumped by the lowly JJ's, we beat the Breakers comfortably despite being down by 20 to them earlier in the game.

Reply #880695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's been almost 20 years since the 36ers won a title. The Breakers will win again before the 36ers do. It’s unsurprising your basketball life is so bitter.

Reply #880697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#692 refs trying to make them lose lmao

Reply #880698 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It's unsurprising your basketball life is so bitter.

Once again you're wrong. I adopted the Breakers as my second team when they came into the NBL it's not bitter to point out how much of an imbecile Matt Walsh is and how he's destroyed the culture of that club.

Reply #880699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can the JJ's lose it from here?

Reply #880700 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

If the Sixers had to play on the road all season they'd be performing worse than the Breakers.

Jumpers will fade in the second half as well so the gun may have been jumped.

Reply #880701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McIntosh is so crap

Reply #880705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When does Shamir get sacked?

Reply #880709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Krslovic > Magnay

Sad as this is truth.

Reply #880710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dieng only played 3 minutes and they still couldn't beat the Jackjumpers.

Reply #880713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can the NBL do some workshops with refs on charges, blocks and flops?

Reply #880714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Roth rotations must better today.

Reply #880715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Krslovic > Magnay"

Agreed.

Reply #880716 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

When does Shamir get sacked?

Although I don't think the club or the NBL ever officially announced it there was some talk during the off-season that the Breakers gave Shamir a 2 year contract extension, which would be typical of Walsh doubling down on his mistakes in a show of bravado.

Reply #880718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow the Breakers are woeful if they can't beat the JJ's.

Reply #880720 | Report this post

Somedude  
Years ago

Definitely dropped a few f bombs at home, Breakers just can't get it done man, I don't know what it is. The players are good, but we just seem to be like Adelaide and can't get it done. 0 - 6 does look to mean no finals for us but I do hope we can get some big wins still!

Thought Jackjumpers punished defensive mistakes excellently and deserved to win.

Reply #880721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" When does Shamir get sacked?"

What's the point? Given the circumstances the only coach in the league who might get better results the past 2 seasons would be Goorjian.

Reply #880722 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

"If the Sixers had to play on the road all season they'd be performing worse than the Breakers."

How could any team not just the 36ers be worse performing when NZ haven't won a game lol

Reply #880723 | Report this post

Somedude  
Years ago

I do disagree #722, I don't think other coaches like Forde or Vickerman would allow defensive lapses like we have. They wouldn't be scared to bench a starter for making a mistake.

Reply #880724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JJs bench actually did well, Stiendl in rare form. Roth much better with subs.

Breakers are total rubbish, Wetzel excluded. So many overrated players that can't perform consistently. Spoon is there’s.

Reply #880725 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

How could any team not just the 36ers be worse performing when NZ haven't won a game lol

On points differential. Their loss against an NBL1 Taipans was an all-time shocker.

Reply #880727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jjs need to cut weeks, Bairstow, Kenyon, krslovic, mikhailovskii, deans for next season.
1-2 better imports, get maybe Mathiang as a backup c or srp Kouame.

Reply #880728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers team is fine. But they're not in a good headspace. Look at WMW and Besson, they’ve lost all confidence.

Reply #880729 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yep, imagine their headspace right now with the COVID situation plus the Christmas period away from family thrown in on top.

Reply #880731 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

"On points differential. Their loss against an NBL1 Taipans was an all-time shocker.“

See your point but in general points differential or not any team that goes 0-6 would be pretty hard to say something is worse.

A loss is a loss

Reply #880732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The key for the Breakers was to get some wins early to build some momentum. Their season would be looking and feeling very different had they held on against the 36ers and closed out the Hawks. But with every loss every thing just becomes harder to turn around. They've gone from a team that could have made the playoffs, even with all the early season challenges, to one that will struggle to win even a single game.

Reply #880736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glad the JJ's got the win

Reply #880739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah last Vs 2nd last says a lot about nothing important.

Reply #880742 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ were well beaten and looked nothing like the side that pushed SEM and Illawarra.
They looked flat footed and their shooting was woeful. Outside shots that would normally drop were bricks. They def look deflated.
Credit to Tasmania on the W.

Reply #880761 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Does anyone actually know the situation with Mikhailovskii?

Reply #880764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Russian has an attitude problem. Won't get minutes until that has been fixed.

Reply #880766 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Attitude problem, meaning he wants to be the star of the team or?

Reply #880768 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Breakers on paper should be a nice team. What they do on court looks fine. It's just weird to me that it keeps coming up short so consistently. Whereas Adelaide do not pass the eye test. Do not have a good point guard. Yet have fumbled to more wins and a higher position on the ladder.

Reply #880769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Next Star forced onto the Jack Jumpers is the issue. As is Engrish.

Reply #880770 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Breakers on paper should be a nice team. What they do on court looks fine. It's just weird to me that it keeps coming up short so consistently. Whereas Adelaide do not pass the eye test. Do not have a good point guard. Yet have fumbled to more wins and a higher position on the ladder.

Lack of a home advantage is huge. If the Sixers were in the same situation their results would be the same if not worse.

Reply #880778 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Years ago

Living out of a suitcase is not conducive to winning games. You cannot underestimate the importance of sleeping in your own bed and being with family and friends. Having said that, NZ are a professional basketball team.if they had a decent culture they would all be in it together. I just don't see Shamir getting them all on the same page. They have plenty of talent, but he is not capable of getting the best out of them.

Reply #880781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Shamir and Maor are very good at player development and OK at X's and O’s But to get through their current adversity you need a special culture. I don’t think they’ve been able to rebuild that and although the circumstances are horrific, I can imagine those championship Breakers teams with Vukona, Bruton and others competing and being .500 regardless.

Reply #880787 | Report this post

Somedude  
Years ago

I'm just worried these poor results will impact our ability to retain Will and Finn.

Reply #880791 | Report this post

4 Real  
Years ago

Personally, I think the JJs play hard, and when they get beat it's usually through lack of overall talent rather than heart (looking at you Adelaide). Similar situation to Cairns. They need to nail their imports, hopefully find either some diamonds in the rough or foster some young talent, and they might be able to make a run in the future. It’s probably going to always be a bit rougher on them, like it is for most regional clubs (though Hawks looking solid the past two years - hopefully it’s sustainable for them and Goorj doesn’t send them bankrupt).

Rough for NZ. They are a better team than their record suggests. Wetzell, Delaney, WMD is a good local contingent to build on. I could easily see them getting either a little win streak going, or at least playing spoiler for some of the would-be contenders. Just difficult for them to dig out of such a deep hole.

Reply #880799 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

https://www.theinnersanctum.com.au/jackjumpers-hard-nosed-defence-proves-too-much-for-breakers/?fbclid=IwAR3eZStNQ-Y5HahE5tYLGAERi5xzKkhvW_MBj_iYjquW5k2M2lFU_z545Ac

Good summary of yesterday's game; finishing with:

"The reality is that for the JackJumpers, if the offence isn't firing it is going to be an uphill battle for most of the season. However, it is important to point out the defensive excellence when we see it. "

Reply #880811 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:38 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754