Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers games X 2, Brisbane v Perth postponed

Latest round of postponements. Wildcats left yesterday for a 6 week road trip and now their first two games have been postponed.

Topic #49597 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

Time to come up with a Plan B, NBL, because Plan A has got some issues.

Reply #880898 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Thats real bad luck for the cats. They could have had a longer lay off before flying out if the games were cancelled sooner. Now they are either stuck interstate without anything to do or would need to quarantine if they returned back to Perth

Reply #880899 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBA getting hammered as well. Postponing games, bringing Joe Johnson back into the games, running G-Leaguers people have never heard of. Barely a day passes within a name player falling to COVID protocols.

Reply #880901 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

ISO Joe here to save my C's.

Reply #880903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bubble time, really disappointing as great viewing this time of year. Bubble in nsw or Victoria where governments are less stressful and don't mind people getting Ill or dying. Lol. :::)))))

Reply #880904 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

You'd have to think it's bubble time now.

Reply #880905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taipans now playing Perth NYE and not NZ

Reply #880911 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

An interesting comment above.

A next Bubble would be there more to protect the NBL from the state government than players from Covid.

Reply #880912 | Report this post

Somedude  
Years ago

I know I sound like a broken record, but Breakers beyond desperately needed the opportunity a game against an injured Cairns to get started. Brutal.

Reply #880913 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

A next Bubble would be there more to protect the NBL from the state government than players from Covid.
The games have been canceled due to players contracting COVID, numbnuts.

Reply #880914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If players were kept in a bubble and continuously tested we might finish the season. Players took 50% pay cuts last season, can't see players settling for that this season, clubs finances will be dismal.

Reply #880916 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"The games have been canceled due to players contracting COVID, numbnuts."

Press release said “a team member” so at this stage it's probably one player and the rest are isolating for 7 days as double vaccinated close contacts.

In Victoria, they would be, I think, workplace contacts requiring a test to be taken and isolate until it comes back negative.

The inconsistency in government approaches and inconsistency in risk profiles makes it pretty tough for the NBL to operate, which is probably the point LB is trying to make.

Everyone knows Covid is serious, especially those having lived in Victoria in lockdown for the better part of two years, but there is a reason the risk profile changed for Vic/NSW vs SA/WA, some have gone through living through it, high vaccination and eventual acceptance of risk and variants, the others haven’t. It’s led to a two-speed country.

Reply #880919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feed crap to get jabbed twice to get back to normal, done that know need a booster then again and again until ppl wake up

Reply #880920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Owner sitting too close to the court!

Reply #880923 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

If you have ever received a whooping cough booster shot to visit a baby or an annual flu shot, the concept of a booster or a vaccination to cover new strains/variants wouldn't be foreign to you.

It’s not a state governments fault that variants popup on the other side of the world.

People will need to be amenable to frequent vaccinations in life, which we all really should have already been even to avoid the sting of a flu.

Reply #880924 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Taipans now playing Perth NYE and not NZ

Sweet, we get to play in an NYE game now.

From memory this is a repeat of the fixture on NYE 2018.

Reply #880925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"the risk profile changed for Vic/NSW vs SA/WA"

I'm not sure it has changed, KET. Positive case rates per capita are pretty similar for SA vs NSW at the moment (SA's a bit lower than NSW but should catch up soon). Victoria's case rate per capita is lower than SA but their death rate per positive case is still higher than everyone else's for some reason. That's puzzled me for months now.

I think the various governments have totally stuffed the post vaccination 'opening up'. The explosions of positive cases should have been anticipated. Not expected perhaps but anticipated and planned for. There should have been a plan B, but clearly there wasn't. So governments have reflexively reverted to draconian restrictions and requirements that are leading to workforce shortages across all industries (from isolation and testing requirements for contacts and border crossers - symptomatic or not), as well as overloading the pathology testing system.

And yet we still end up with bizarre contradictions like allowing up to 25,000 people into Adelaide Oval for a cricket match on Friday. This only a week after the Adelaide test match led to this past week's explosion in positive case numbers across Adelaide. The crowds for the Adelaide match were ~32,000/27,000/27,000/17,000/7,000. You have to wonder ***shakes head despondently***

Reply #880926 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"The games have been canceled due to players contracting COVID, numbnuts."

Press release said "a team member" so at this stage it's probably one player and the rest are isolating for 7 days as double vaccinated close contacts.
How many outbreaks only consist of one case?

Reply #880927 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" How many outbreaks only consist of one case?"

They've only stated “a team member”, has there been updated news about further positive cases since?

Reply #880929 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" You have to wonder ***shakes head despondently***"

I agree with you, but doesn't that suggest risk profile is different?

Victoria the only restrictions are wearing masks and get tested if you’re a close contact, SA have a raft of restrictions and isolation rules for close contacts.

I guess it could be said Vic is more prepared for hospitalisations whilst SA isn’t, perhaps that’s the difference behind the rules.

Reply #880930 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

KR:
"One Adelaide 36ers player has tested positive to Covid while other players and staff have been deemed close contacts but have returned negative tests.

It's understood Adelaide officials are frustrated with the South Australian government’s stance on Covid and isolating."

Which is the point being eluded to by LB, and my point for the difference between SA/WA approach and Vic/NSW. Makes it hard to navigate if you’re the NBL.

Reply #880931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KR the Covid expert and everything else. Meh

Reply #880932 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The chances of nobody on the Adelaide team returning a positive test within the next couple of days are pretty low, I'd say.

Reply #880934 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Sure, speculate that as much as you like, but you're not being helpful incorrectly correcting someone saying something accurate.

Reply #880938 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I'm not correcting anyone, I'm pointing out that the likelihood of further positives is the reason to isolate everyone, rather than just letting them play and risk spreading it further.

Reply #880940 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Years ago

Very disappointed 36ers games postponed, was really looking forward to watching superstar Kai Soto.

Reply #880942 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

You would think there are not many opportunities left for Sotto to play for the Sixers once he's called up to the MBA as a COVID emergency. In fact I'm surprised he's not already there.

Reply #880943 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

NBA*

but I'm sure Kai could do an MBA as well he's that gifted.

Reply #880944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The chances of nobody on the Adelaide team returning a positive test within the next couple of days are pretty low, I'd say."
There it is. Dr Kobeisdead has said.

Reply #880950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was really looking forward to Kai "1 Point" Sotto's home debut

Reply #880953 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

We'll have to wait just that little bit longer for a Mitch 4K McCarron to Kai 1point Sotto alley-oop but it'll be worth it.

Reply #880955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The MBA?

The failed Philippines Basketball version of World Series Cricket/Super League with 23 second shot clocks, 3 point free throws and 3 points for turn over baskets, for some reason?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_Basketball_Association

Yeah Philippines basketball is just weird.

Reply #880957 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hahaha what in the fuck? Classic Philippines.

Reply #880958 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Why on earth would Sotto take a pay cut to go to the NBA, he's clearly making billions in the NBL

Reply #880960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sotto can't sign to an NBA team as a free agent because he has not been eligible to be drafted. He is also earning millions in the NBL so why would he sign to a 10 day contract lol.

Reply #880964 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

He isn't earning millions tho

Reply #880965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would rather believe a trusted news outlet as ky source than some yobbo know it all NBL expert.

Reply #880966 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"Trusted news outlet"

Hahahaha

If Philippines were as good at basketball as your humour, they'd be a medal chance :)

Reply #880967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

News.com is more reliable than a yobbo NBL expert.

Reply #880968 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Why on earth would Sotto take a pay cut to go to the NBA, he's clearly making billions in the NBL

Good point. My bad.

Reply #880972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcX57kYASLU

Watch those top 10 plays and please tell me he is not worth the Multi Million dollars Adelaide is paying him.

Reply #880975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what a compilation oh my god

Reply #880976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBA scouts will jizz watching that mix

Reply #880977 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Somewhere Scott Christophersen, Darington Hobson and Billy Preston has a mic tape.

Reply #880990 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Years ago

Hey KET, with Kai in the team Phillipines will certainly win a medal.

Reply #881003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Philippines mens basketball has won 18 gold medals, at the Southeast Asian games. Beating fierce rivals Thailand and Myanmar.

Reply #881004 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:59 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754