Zodiac
Years ago

Atlanta Hawks sign Cameron Oliver

Cam Oliver is getting another crack at the NBA signing a 10 day contract with Atlanta.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265233/Hawks-To-Sign-Cam-Oliver-Chris-Clemons-To-10-Day-Hardship-Deals

Topic #49602 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope he can stay in the league

Reply #880980 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Great work Cam! Out of curiosity, what does a 10 day pay?

Given the COVID world we live in, I think if Cam does well, you'd have to think there will be a spot in the NBA for him!!

Reply #880982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #880983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Minimum for a 10 day contract is 53k, max is 151k for 10yr experience.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/12/salaries-for-10-day-contracts-in-2021-22.html

Reply #880984 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

50k is about three times what Cairns pays for a season.

Reply #880988 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Gee that's shot up I remember 10 dayers used to pay $1.5k a day.

Reply #880993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"50k is about three times what Cairns pays for a season." BS

You haven't got a clue LB even if it's tongue in cheek. Ask about the extra that Machado and Oliver were paid.

Reply #880995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ennis to clippers also

Reply #880997 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Years ago

Would this season in the NBA almost be the perfect opportunity to be a g-league player??? Seems to me like it would be, given then number off call ups, albeit teams are forced into doing given Covid protocols, regardless they're still NBA call ups.

Reply #880998 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Would this season in the NBA almost be the perfect opportunity to be a g-league player???

Seems that way. I did think Sykes & Hopson were taking big gambles by playing in the G-League this season they both could earn ten times more overseas.

Clearly though they got some good advice that if numerous players went out due to Covid the G-League would be the first place NBA teams would look.

Reply #880999 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Years ago

Yeah fair enough Zodiac. Does this then set the precedence of the NBL losing players to the G-League, with the number of NBA call up's we've seen this NBA season already?

Reply #881015 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I don't think so I think it's a unique set of circumstances due to Covid. In normal times NBL teams get a number of their imports from the G-League. The G-League can't really compete with the NBL financially as they pay peanuts it used to be like $30k a season USD.

It's a league for young guys that consider themselves fringe NBA players so whilst they're young they'll take the gamble for a year or two in the hope of an NBA call up but once the writing is on the wall the players then start thinking about making as much money as they can whilst they still can so leave for the NBL, Europe, Asia etc.

Reply #881017 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

What is the isolation period for NBA under COVID19 protocols? Is it 10 days or longer?
If longer than 10 days, you'd think they’d be better off with a longer contract, probably based on 10 day terms.

Reply #881025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

13 points, 4 rebs, 1ast, 1 blk in 18mins (6/6 fg) for space cam today

Reply #881053 | Report this post

loungefly  
Years ago

I was watching a game last night commentators said G League salary is 37K some guys may earn little bit more and a 10 day is worth minimum 60K so thats a big pay rise and I read on BleacherReport I think the iso days have been lowered to 6 days so even if an NBA team wanted Law, Franks, Cotton, Creek or anyone like that by the time they got to the USA they wouldn't be required anymore.

Reply #881054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure you will get $200k under the table in the GL.

Reply #881088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Him leaving Cairns last season to play for the Rockets was his rookie season. So now that means his 10 day this will be $86k .. every time he gets a call up

Reply #881257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

My (alleged) $200K under the table for Machado and Oliver appears to have been deleted.

Reply #881283 | Report this post

Hakeem Mills  
Two years ago

Perfect opportunity to be a G League player this season.

Broekhoff Cooks Goulding

If they are capable of it should look go to here after the NBL season.

Lots of players getting & taking their 2nd chance.

Reply #884503 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754