https://nbl.com.au/news/phoenix-release-devin-thomas

Topic #49606 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't even suite up, seemed off

Reply #881068 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Thomas was terminated following multiple breaches of contract and breaches of the Phoenix code of conduct.

Hmmmmm

Reply #881069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drugs perhaps, tweakin.

Reply #881070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very clear that some nbl teams do not have good scouts or an eye for talent or do their due diligence.

Reply #881071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have a code of conduct? Suppose it's just applies to certain people then.

Reply #881076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Gold.

Reply #881077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rice was here way too long and they covered half his bs up.

Reply #881078 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Years ago

Ridiculous that he never even suited up. Lots of imports have come here this year and been injured from the get go.
Australia is still a great holiday destination. COVID has probably affected a lot of preparation, but these guys are professional athletes. NBL clubs are more professional than ever but a lazy player or shit bloke will always fall through the cracks. Player managers need to be a lot more accountable.

Reply #881079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe go local, think pozoglou deserves another shot. Maybe they bringin in Thon.

Reply #881080 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Was a bit of an odd signing to begin with signing an import who was playing in Estonia. Must've come real cheap and now they probably realise why.

Reply #881085 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

https://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/nbl-south-east-melbourne-terminates-devin-thomas-contract-citing-multiple-breaches/news-story/c3439698c6083883a4b9d3c29e9c2789

Odd that they are mentioning exum

Reply #881086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Didn't even suite up, seemed off"

Love it!!

Reply #881087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rules for some but not others at SEM lol

Reply #881090 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

caught part of a Euroleague game the other day where Exum was starting for Barcelona and played a pretty decent role so would be surprised if he becomes available any time soon

Reply #881093 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Super odd inclusion in the article: "on the radar but just joined Barcelona"....clearly not available then.

Reply #881098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JUst bad 'journalism'

Reply #881111 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Was he partying with Creek?

Reply #881112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crackers having zero concept of how to read between the lines.

Reply #881117 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Was he ever even warming up with the team at shoot around before a game because he's got to be the worst import ever conversation if he lasted weeks and wasn’t even allowed to do that

Reply #881121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmmm....I've been watching a Euroleague game with Exum in it. Came off the bench and has been VERY ordinary. I think he may be seeking an early release for some strange reason.......

Reply #881126 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

caught part of a Euroleague game the other day where Exum was starting for Barcelona and played a pretty decent role
Came off the bench and has been VERY ordinary

I love this forum.

Reply #881132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw Dante in the starting lineup on the beach and he played better than ordinary, but worse than pretty decent.

Reply #881142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum is doing fine - but only if you understand the coach and style he's implemented at Barca. Also the fact that there’s a cracking young Lithuanian PG in the rotation also, but hey watching five minutes on fox makes us all experts...

Reply #881146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha. Ingles13 was talking about his previous game before Xmas, I was talking about this mornings effort.

Today's stats are 26 mins, 3 points (1 from 5), 3 rebounds, 0 assists, 1 block, 4 turnovers. Not what this franchise will want from him.

Reply #881147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

clearly off court actions only taken into account for certain people

Reply #881221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DR KR said "I love this forum." Yes it will be much better when you leave.

Reply #881243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous 117, I don't understand your comment. Obviously you don’t get my post. Thomas is a shit bloke and a shit player. Is that simple enough for you. Oh the great anonymous posters!

Reply #881250 | Report this post

Very Anonymous  
Two years ago

Hooray for Anonymous people!

Reply #881254 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:24 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754