Scout
Years ago

JJ's (without Magnay) v United

Jackjumpers will be without Magnay due to 'COVID restrictions ' - how much United!!?!

Pleased there are still games but damn this virus can get f..d

Topic #49611 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

United have 2 in Covid Protocols. And now they will be better for it.
Dalton and Prewster out Okwera and Triplett in

Reply #881175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could the Jacks be better without Magnay? He has struggled to a glimpse of his Bullets form. One has to wonder if we'll ever see that kind of play again.

Reply #881183 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Will Magnay and Matt Hodgson both played very well at Bullets, together.

Both have been to/through the Perth system and neither has been any where near their best there.

Just a coincidence?

Let's see what Hoggey can do from now on.

Reply #881185 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

I know I'll be shouted down, but reckon Magnay had a huge impact against the Breakers. His rim protection changed a lot of shots and he pulled in rebounds when needed.

Yep, he has not dominated - yet, and he is playing nothing as he did in Brisbane. But there was a definite improvement in that game.

Reply #881189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with you, Scout. Magnay has been disappointing this year, but he was a nuisance for the Breakers last week and meant they couldn't get anything easy out of their two-man game. Underrated effort for sure.

Reply #881194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Playing the winless Breakers is hardly nuisance factor. Magnay has been 'injured' since surgery. So does anyone know how Magnay is COVID affected and the rest of the team aren't? Sounds suss to me.

Reply #881240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Good thing Krslovic is there.

Reply #881255 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Interested in what you believe is 'suss' anon? There has been an increase in cases from 90 yesterday to 400 today here, my brother-in-law had a positive test yesterday but his wife and kids are clear.

Are you throwing mud at Magnay?

Reply #881259 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

Being in the Australia COVID capital I personally know a handful of household's where a parent and/or child are positive but half the rest of the household aren't. Not too hard to believe Magnay could be positive and the rest of the team aren't.

Reply #881260 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Magnay's absence really hurts

JLA is famous for his "green light" but I hope he really takes the game on today.

JJ's need to find some inspiration (like Cairns) cos on paper this looks incredibly one sided

Reply #881263 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Agree LV - this is one game for the JJ's that could be a blowout.

Jackjumpers play tough d but lack of height and talent around the rim will really hurt. United has a huge amount of depth.

Reply #881264 | Report this post

A Aron  
Two years ago

Is Michaelovski ready to play?

Reply #881267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

they should of just signed the russian kid as DP and the second yr a NS

Reply #881268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

They should of signed Kai Sotto as their Next Star. Big Filipino population in Tassie and Magnay is suited more to a bench role.

Reply #881270 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Two years ago

Serious but potentially stupid question.

Is Magnay a marquee players for the JJs?

Reply #881277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Scout said "Are you throwing mud at Magnay?"

Please tell me as a fellow Tasmanian how people get COVID in Hobart / Tasmania. Afaik there has not been a community transmission in Tasmania for at least 18 months. How it is possible if indeed Magnay has caught COVID that the whole team hasn't been isolated at least until cleared? The whole COVID 'excuse' seems flawed. What have I missed?
Nothing in The Mercury and nothing on their FB page. What are they hiding?

Reply #881282 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Anon 282 - do you spend time on conspiracy theory sites? Not sure where you a going with that post.

Reply #881284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

JJs looking very good, I'm nearly going to have to concede that Roth has some idea.
Melbourne think they winning already, better watch out.
For a sell out, plenty empty seats

Reply #881290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

No conspiracy Scout. You haven't explained how Magnay has COVID issues and no one else has. Time you actually answered. Rather than be vague.
Pull your head out of the sand man. When JJ's were up by 10 I was happy with the $1.97 odds on the United.

If the seats are sold (above) and no one turns up they are paid and it's still a sell out.

Reply #881293 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

JLA/Hukporti 9 from 9 first half

Go to them more often!

Reply #881294 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

CG has more license than he's ever had under Vickerman

Should be one of the leagues leading scorers

Reply #881295 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Getting interesting with Jet/Adams on top and Ili/Delly both with 4

Reply #881296 | Report this post

Dawest Dabest  
Two years ago

Magette Homes, laying bricks since 2021. Dude needs to pass first, and pass second.

Reply #881298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

So no Magnay. No Weeks . No Adams.

Reply #881300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

JLA never seen a shot he doesn't like, Delly been very average, JJs been good. White is a gun, only getting better.

Reply #881301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Tassie need Mathiang more than maker.

Reply #881302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Yeah I'd be picking up Mathiang + srp Kouame, Tassie too small.

Reply #881303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Scout Mia.
No Magnay and they tried but talent wins out. Now with 2 more potential injuries they are up against it.
So many underperforming players. McDaniel, McVeigh, Krslovic, Weeks, 3 DNP. So that's 7 players not contributing.
Sorry this side is in for a long season. Lowballed players on salary. Lost them.
Roth is supposedly a top level coach yet the impots are Cotton level or even somewhere near that.
McIntosh 5 points 7 rb. Can't make a free throw. McVeigh -15 +/- and so it goes.

Reply #881304 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

If Mikhailovskii can't get on the court with all these outs he might as well had back to Russia now. Is he even on the bench?

Not the highest quality game, but decent showing from the JJs at least. The tough Agada 3 to push the lead out to 6(??) felt like the dagger with how much trouble both teams were having putting points on the board.

Reply #881306 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Just back from game and a very enjoyable chinese banquet after it JJ's played damn well.

Talent of United won them the game.

Reply #881310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

The Russian NS (no show) was on the bench.

Reply #881312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Lose by 4. 10 - 20 from the FT line. Nuff said.

Reply #881322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Roth has chosen a terrible bench and the long term contracts are ridiculous.

Reply #881323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Players want security to up and move their families, especially veterans. In addition not everyone wants to relocated to butt f*#k Idaho aka Tasmania

Reply #881326 | Report this post

Full stop guy  
Two years ago

Actually butt f.. Idaho is a great spot.. and ti put down Tassy in such a way is really sad..some of best scenery in Aust is in Tas. It's a pity uts such drive from good old poraka otherwise I be getting around there every weekend..jackjumpers are doing OK. Growing a sub culture organically success takes time. Persistence and grit to climb the mountain..

Reply #881336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Clearly the NBL players and international players don't agree with you

Reply #881347 | Report this post

Green Ant  
Two years ago

JJ's defence was great yesterday, it kept them in the contest. But the offence was looking very thin with Magnay out and Steindl struggling to get a decent look.

Looking within the team, I'd like to see McDaniel or McVeigh step up offensively. I know they are more defensive role players but both came to Tassie on multi-year deals looking for more opportunities, bigger role etc.

Reply #881353 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

McDaniel has shown some glimpses, especially early in games, then sort of fades into the background.

Reply #881367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

McVeigh in the four spot was never going to work, his defence is a liability, he also struggles scoring in there, that's bad recruiting. McDaniel has played well last season and doing his bit this season, he’s not and never was a twenty a game man.

Reply #881368 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Yeah agree re McVeigh - he is playing out of position due the JJ's being undersized. He should not be at the 4 should be playing 3, has huge upside believe he will come on in time hopefully be able to play the 3.

McDaniel is playing damn well - his defence is elite, given time his offence may improve he is not a natural shooter like his ol man. Kenyon has done well with his minutes. Stiendl is a shooter not a scorer, the JJ's lack a accumulator of points that other teams have.

Fair call to a degree to critique the JJ's recruiting, with the list they have they are playing damn well. Acknowledge there are players out of position, as I and others have said before the season the knock is no presence at the 4 or depth at 5. They are a foundation club and have done a phenomenal amount of work in a short amount of time.

Very impressed with how they played against United their help defence was elite. They play damn hard, obviously do not have the talent of others but are building a foundation of how to play which will give them strength going forward.

Roth deserves time I will not judge him completely yet, time and context needed.

First year compete, second / third year playoffs , fourth championships.

The foundation is there.

Reply #881371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

"Roth deserves time I will not judge him completely yet, time and context needed."
Fair enough. If you sit beside him again at a Chargers game I wouldn't be too critical either ;)

Reply #881375 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

cheers anon

Reply #881377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

As mentioned earlier about Magnay out with COVID the truth has finally come out.
"The two new cases come after centres Will Magnay and Jock Perry went into isolation last week after being close contacts to a positive case."
Magnay and the noticeably Perry were out the other night. Now it's the turn of another 2 players waiting on PCR testing.
"It has not yet been revealed which two players have contracted the virus but it has been confirmed both have been isolated from the group and have not attended practice for the last 48 hours."
So they knew there was at least 2 players with COVID issues and still proceeded with the game.

Brookhouse said "It's an unfortunate but not unexpected scenario that we’re facing" JackJumpers CEO Simon Brookhouse said.

"Our priority is with the players’ safety, and we have taken a very cautious approach to avoid any further impacts on the team or the community”.

So they just allowed everything to be as normal knowing there was every chance others may be effected. I hope the United players and staff are OK and anyone else that had interaction with the Players/ Staff since the game was concluded.

Reply #881465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

JJ's about to make player changes.

Reply #881502 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Anon #502 you referring to enforced due to COVID or a change at the 4 spot?

Reply #881517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

A change. One out one in. Not COVID related afaik. Another 2 players with COVID. As I said earlier there was far more to the initial outbreak than disclosed by the JJ's. Poor form IMO.

Reply #881520 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Cheers anon

Reply #881521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

"https://www.themercury.com.au/sport/basketball/the-basketball-show-202122-thon-maker-to-the-nbl/video/751c03cccda8cca3c18662c441f4396e"

Reply #881522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Someone who shoukd bever have been selected gone. Will the 2 new civis selected players be available for the Kings game?

Reply #881534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

"Someone who should never have been selected gone. Will the 2 new covid selected players be available for the Kings game?"
Corrected for crap phone app/typing. I guess is a Macca's all round.

Let's hope McDaniel and Bairstow can play on Saturday.

Reply #881546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Hahaha ^ this

Reply #881547 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Yeah will be interested to find out if anons rumours re a change in the JJ roster is true

Reply #881554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

10 players and staff now covid affected. 2 games pistponed. What a joke.

Reply #881555 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Yeah, time to kick them out of the league I reckon. You'd never see a class organisation like the Wildcats let any of their players get COVID or suffer from multiple game postponements.

Reply #881557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Dr Kobe. Yet again. No one cares what you say.

Reply #881559 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Your continued obsession with me suggests otherwise.

Reply #881560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

The JJ's tried to effectively make out there was nothing in it. Firstly Magnay out with COVID and (No mention publicly) Perry. Then it was another 2 un named players. Now it's 10. Management has handled it very poorly and I posted that about 1 week ago. It was the top of the iceberg exposed and the JJ's knew fully well that others would be affected but did nothing.
Poor management. They knew it was there and told no one. Now it's "oh well" the NBL will all be affected and the games will be rescheduled.
Oh by the way who gives a shit about Perth.

Reply #881564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Take a chill pill Curious Bruce. Reporting and announcing covid positives is a complex matter (patient confidentiality etc.)

Hopefully you can embrace the JJs soon.

Reply #881573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

"All players and performance staff are now isolating and will undergo regular testing."
Don't tell the 7'tall player seen walking around town today.

Reply #881576 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Anon #520 :

Any update re Jackjumper roster change you claimed was occurring last week? I'm interested if it happened / happening.

cheers

Reply #881819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

No news afaik.

Reply #881851 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:39 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754