Titan 04
Two years ago

36ers vs Wildcats game postponed again

I heard from someone close to the team that the 36ers game rescheduled to Wednesday is going to be canceled (not postponed) due to covid protocols.

Kelly must be handing out money hand over fist at the moment!

Topic #49624 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Game can't be canceled

Reply #881615 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Two years ago

1) There's already a thread on the game status.

2) The title suggests postponed even though awfully spelt.

3) The body says cancelled. Which is it?

Nonetheless this is a lost opportunity for Sotto to showcase his Manila social league skills.

Reply #881616 | Report this post

Dawest Dabest  
Two years ago

Scott Morrisons comment re letting the whole team (and realistically the entire league) get it is so bang on the money. The player demographic has literally zero chance of fatal complications from the virus. Get the dam flu, have a lie down, bit of training, game on.

Reply #881617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Yes, NBL basketballers shouldn't be at any higher risk than for example a 23 year old world class power lifter who is double vaxxed and has no underlying health conditions.

Right?

Reply #881618 | Report this post

Dawest Dabest  
Two years ago

Nice fraction of a fraction of a percent anecdotal example, do you want that wrapped in tinfoil to go?

Reply #881619 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

You're the one who said "literally zero".

Reply #881620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Gobert just contracted it for a 2nd time so it's not just as easy as catch the flu, lay down and game on

Reply #881621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

" has no underlying health conditions."

Probably should read “has no known underlying health conditions”.

Reply #881622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

The NBls handling of all of this and refusing to bubble is an absolute joke

Reply #881624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Game postponed again. 10 wildcats players confirmed positive.

Reply #881625 | Report this post

LITS  
Two years ago

The NBL's handling of this whole situation has been terrible

Reply #881627 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Two years ago

Ah great, they have to work a solution. We are not the NBA where we can get players in and just plow on. Pause and bubble the season, cancel it or something. You are going to have trouble getting people to games regardless with all the chopping and changing. I'm not sure what others feel like but I have no connection with the season this year (despite being a season ticket holder), it feels like it has stopped anyway.

Reply #881629 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

What happened?

Had Covid ripped through Adelaide as well as Perth? Why would the Hawks/Adelaide game be delayed?

Reply #881632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Not sure what can be done really. Unless it's an NBA style bubble where teams and officials are effectively sealed off from everyone then I can’t foresee the season resuming anytime soon.

The current COVID strain is spreading like wildfire and will only get worse as more people return to work after the Christmas/new year break and kids go back to school/ child care etc.

A-league and cricket are in the same boat.

Reply #881633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Adelaide in isolation. Email just sent out by 36ers

Reply #881634 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Thanks anon

Reply #881635 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Two years ago

That Sunday game is doomed as well now. No way both teams are cleared for that you would think. Positive is we are undefeated for like 3 weeks now :-)

Reply #881640 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Can they extend the season an extra 3-4 weeks?

NBL might try to get through the rough patch with a possible peak reached in Feb? March/April may, optimistically, be "more normal".

I guess this is where NBL Cup came as an idea just to make sure games were happening even if it meant extra games and a glut of games.

If they're extremely concerned, they could try hubbing 3-4 teams in a few cities like Cairns, Hobart, Illawarra - see if players are willing to “bubble” for 3-4 weeks to avoid external factors and frontload home games for Taipans, JJs and Hawks, then reevaluate approach towards March.

At the end of the day nothing is perfect, if Covid gets in and ruins things then so be it, but an approach like the above might give improved chances of just having games going without radically changing the season.

Reply #881641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Every league in the world is struggling, most euro countries have had games delayed, nba the same. If as South Africa is reporting it takes about four weeks to ride the wave, it will start again, games in Europe have had very limited numbers for months.

Once again the nsw government attitude off let it rip has stuffed up the whole country except for w.a. who won't put up with the shit Morrison put on other states to open up with out any restrictions.

Reply #881642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

#642 once WA open Feb 5 it will be like Ash Wednesday all over again

Reply #881643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

WA would be smart suck it and see what happens before opening up, they are free, nsw, Victoria are only free in talk, know one going out and living normal. Start a bubble in wa now for all teams and play the season out there.

Reply #881644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

How can you start a bubble when 1/2 the teams currently covid and the other half probably will get it?

Reply #881645 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Waiting for infected people to recover and test negative is probably the least of the problems with bubbling in WA.
It wouldn't be permitted in the first place, and with the borders due to open in 4 weeks there wouldn't be any value in it either.

Whole situation is very effed up right now.

(Arguably even more so for the Wildcats, because if Covid sweeps through and then starts to clear up as quickly as some predict then that leaves Perth several weeks behind the rest of the country on the recovery side. I'm not holding my breath for the next Cats home game happening any time soon!)

Reply #881646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Who is paying for a WA bubble? WA wouldn't pay for the AFL, they sure as shit aren’t paying for the NBL

Reply #881647 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

I for one don't plan on going to Wildcats home games if there are any any time soon anyway. I'll be staying at home as much as possible after Feb 5.

Reply #881648 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

I just want to see the Sixers and Kai Soto play.

Reply #881649 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Me too. That's literally all I want this NBL season.

Reply #881651 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I'm not sure what others feel like but I have no connection with the season this year (despite being a season ticket holder), it feels like it has stopped anyway.

It feels to me like the season hasn't even started.

Reply #881655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Starting to wonder if there's any point having a season at all :(

Reply #881656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Three things needed before the season has really started
1) Cotton going off for 30+? Check
2) CG43 hitting 7 triples in a game? Check
3) Sotto a pts-reb-blk triple double? Nope season hasn't started yet

Reply #881657 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

No Sotto, no party.

Reply #881658 | Report this post

Jock  
Two years ago

Lucky for the 36ers, another opportunity to delay playing before they get smashed!

Reply #882059 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

If the Wildcats don't have fully functional lungs it could be a nice opportunity for the sixers.

Reply #882063 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754