Almost Made It
Two years ago

Altona D2 Coach

Just saw Altona Big V Men are looking for a coach, seems a late change where has Copeland gone?

they had a pretty strong team last season finishing 2nd you'd think they'd run it back hard and look to be a front runner for D2 Men.

Topic #49625 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Melbourne academy - jobs for the boys. Beyond me why you'd consider him with the candidates available nationally. Hell of a player but not the highest IQ development wise.

Reply #881623 | Report this post

ok ok  
Two years ago

Melbourne United Academy?? yeah right.

Reply #881665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Ok ok indeed...

https://youtu.be/TkIUmjl97BY

Reply #881667 | Report this post

ok ok  
Two years ago

So if all the top prospects are with the State Programs and then the next best are identified by VJBL what is left that MUBC have?? and this video just seemed like an old boys club hanging out getting shots together hahaha

Reply #881668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

They were great players but seem to be terrible head coaches based on past. But maybe they are able to be decent development coaches, but is that next step for ex American players after their career.
Locally we have Joey, KB, Willie, Rashad, Ricky doing academies and probably a few more plus the NBL1 guys like Starling. In most of those cases it's just about making a salary, not developing future national league prospects.

Reply #881685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Most of those guys getting by on popularity from their playing days, not coaching ability.

Reply #881707 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

I have a feeling Copes is much better as a development guy than an Xs and Os type so an academy type role would fit him better.

Back when i was regularly going to shoot around at MSAC at 6am I'd see Copes there working out young fellas and they seemed to have good chemistry.

Reply #881889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Good chemistry or good bank balances?

Reply #881894 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754