Brandon Ashley reportedly signing with SEM

Topic #49632 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Ex breakers import Levi Randolph is wanted by the 36ers

Reply #881811 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

Brandon Ashley was great but just couldn't stay out of foul trouble when he was with the Breakers.

Reply #881812 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

I liked this guy when he played for NZ. Will add plenty to SEM's frontcourt.

Reply #881815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

He's a really handy pickup because he’s got the skills to contribute and offers a different skill set to Qi and Pineau, and SEM don’t need major minutes from him. I was really surprised the Breakers didn’t bring him back last year because he would have given them good depth in the front court. In fact, he’d be a good fit for them right now.

Reply #881818 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

NZ signed Colton Iverson last season to compliment Patterson's pick & roll game but he didn't work out (literally) and they were already committed to Iverson.

I liked Ashley's length and mobility in his time with the Breakers, if he can stay out of foul trouble he'll be a nice piece for SEM.

Reply #881822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

They should have had Iverson AND Ashley.

Reply #881823 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Where's the report the 36ers want Randolph?
Ashley is a great get for SEM.

Reply #881829 | Report this post

Yep  
Two years ago

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/sportando.basketball/en/adelaide-36ers-express-interest-in-levi-randolph/%3famp=1

Reply #881830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Randolph post is a fake
Management not forking out for another import unless whitgers flops in next few games

Reply #881831 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

https://sportando.basketball/en/adelaide-36ers-express-interest-in-levi-randolph/

Randolph would be a good get for us he was quite decent with NZB last season and although it notes we do have a vacant import spot I would be fine with him replacing either Hannahs or Withers if need be.

Reply #881832 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Why get rid of an import? They've just flown over Dusty’s girlfriend and Withers loves it here.
Payout someone on the bench. Should have kept an extra spot open from the start or had an import already.

Reply #881837 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Because unlike locals their contracts aren't guaranteed, they can be cut anytime before the 25% mark of the season without their contracts needing to be paid out. Why do you think Hannahs is bringing his g/f out now and Withers is in the press about how much he loves it here?

Given we already cheaped out by starting the season with only two imports and we could sign a third and remove a local from the roster as a proven performer in this league Randolph wouldn't come cheap so I can't see the club admin not taking the opportunity to cut costs and cut one of the existing imports instead.

Reply #881838 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

I don't get the way they’ve designed the 36ers roster, and I don’t understand why they would grab a guard for their third import spot

Reply #881840 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

I might be wrong but Dusty's girlfriend was always coming. Withers is our best defender and there’s a connection with JVG and the bloke who recommended him.
I do understand you have to pay locals out but if serious about winning both imports stay.

Reply #881841 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Well that's just it you're assuming the club is about winning they're not otherwise a third import would've been signed but the talk all off-season of a third import ended once they sacked Connor Henry, knowing they now had to pay two head coaches this season (three HC's if Joey is still on the books).

And then hired a rookie coach in CJ to replace him who the Bullets had at their club for five years and thought so little of him decided to sign an assistant coach from another team instead. No other team was willing to give CJ a HC job.

Reply #881843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

And the reults are showing it. Pay peanuts, get........

Reply #881844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

And the reults are showing it. Pay peanuts, get........

Reply #881845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

The 36ers have a import spot in hand

Can replace a local (Harris?) with an import aslong as they have the money to do so.

I actually dont mind the idea of adding Randolph to the team, gives us another scorer

I would then go with a quicker line up and bring Johnson off the bench

Humphries/Johnson
Withers/Bairstow
Randolph/King
Hannahs/Dech
McCarron/Dufelmire

Reply #881849 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Ever since the Breakers ownership got bought by Matt Walsh in 2018 they have been poor. Yes covid has not helped with any home games but there's no excuses. They have made terrible management decisions. Liz and Paul Blackwell were great owners, not sure why they left.

Brandon Ashley was a decent player. When on court the Breakers were decent. Foul trouble was an issue.

Even letting Levi Randolph go was a strange decision. Only way to win in the nbl is team culture and building team chemist with a group of players for a couple of seasons. You look at Perth and Melbourne. They had some players come and go, but their main players like Cotton and CG43 have stayed committed ever since and both have won championships.

New Zealand keep changing their roster each season. No wonder they have been so poor on team chemistry. Two seasons ago when they signed Glen Rice Jr. was a terrible signing as an example.

Reply #881858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Abercrombie and Delaney been there for seasons, coaches into their third. I'm not certain what your complaint is.

Reply #881859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

WMW back for second season, so is Bach, and Galloway and Davidson were promoted from development players. The Walsh is bad and Shamir doesn't know how to coach narrative is overrated; first year they just missed out on the playoffs, and last season and this one is impossible given that HCA is critical in this league. While import continuity is helpful, they’ve also had Long and Hopson poached. It’s also not like they’re not thinking long term because they had an option on Randolph and I believe that there may be one on Siva too.

Reply #881867 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Matt Walsh can't run a team. He also got himself in-trouble by the league.

Reply #881873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

How many years did it take the Blackwells to achieve success with Lemanis?

Reply #881874 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Liz and Paul Blackwell were great owners, not sure why they left.

Weird comment since they were very public with their reasons why - they had enough and it was time to pass the baton on. It takes a lot out of you to stay on top for so long.

Reply #881879 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

How many years did it take the Blackwells to achieve success with Lemanis?
How is that relevant?

Reply #881880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

When you have organisational change, it can take time to rebuild. Some organisations don't skip a beat, but Walsh not succeeding so far is unsurprising, rather than surprising.

Reply #881881 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

Brandon Ashley to SEM official. Great work by the Phoenix.

Reply #881884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Great signing ,now se if Sixers interest in Levi true or just a fake

Reply #881886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Sixers have a lot more issues than bringing in Levi will fix.

Reply #881887 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Any chance teams are looking into Thon Maker and Anthony Bennett who recently both got cut by Jerusalem.

I think every nbl teams need to look at all options with covid. I really want United to sign one player as a replacement if one of our players get struck down with covid.

Reply #881902 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

JJ's need a big will be interesting to see if they pull the trigger at some stage.

Is Anthony Bennett the Anthony Bennett referred to as the biggest bust at the number 1 pick?

Reply #881985 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Two years ago

Brookhouse has said they have not spoken to Thon. Was answered in a way that made it sound like it was unlikely that this would be entertained in the future either.

Reply #881986 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754