Isaac
Two years ago

Ingles ejected, now league-leader in ejections this season

Third ejection for the season. Poor timing given how short-handed Utah were today missing Gobert, Whiteside, Azubuike, Gay and others. Ingles awkwardly (if we're being charitable) elbowed Jarrett Allen in the face and then get a second tech for yapping at refs later on.

He ended up playing 13 minutes for 1/5 FG and -13.

Decent response from Allen not overreacting.

Topic #49641 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Two years ago

He's definitely regressed this season (less so when he starts). Wonder if this will be his last year in the NBA.

Reply #881994 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Wasn't there some talk or hint by Ingles before the season that this will probably be his last season in the NBA? I'm sure there was some sort of inference by him that he will probably play in the NBL next season.

I know there was a lot of talk all off-season because this is the last year of his contract that the Jazz were seriously considering trading him which they confirmed the other day but they thought it would destroy the culture of the team if they did so.

Perhaps that explains his numerous ejections this season especially the anxiety he must be feeling with the trade deadline approaching next month.

Reply #881995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Would be awesome to have Joe back in the league.

I'd be surprised if they traded him now because I don't think they'll get much for him as an expiring that likely won't resign. Joe has been the heart of the Jazz for numerous seasons now. Wonder who would step up in his absence.

Reply #881996 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

I think Joe has at least one more season left in him. Much of his "regression" this season has been the result of a career low usage rate. He's still the exact kind of glue guy championship contenders need and its not as if he ever relied on athleticism so getting older shouldnt affect him too much.

Reply #881997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Wanna be tough guy/bully. He had never taken a swing, just a mouthy vet who is slowing down

Reply #881998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

The irony is, Joe can't go...but neither can the majority of the guys he antagonises.

Reply #881999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Yeah look Ingles is still starting for a solid team. He could at least come off the bench and be a valuable contributor. That's without mentioning all the other good things he brings to the team.

Reply #882000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

I mean, there's a video on YouTube called "Joe Ingles Greatest Fights/Altercations" (“fights” in the loosest sense of the word, like most click bait YouTube titles when it comes to NBA extracurricular activity).

Reply #882002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Expiring contracts are gold for a team that wants to free up the cap, especially those facing luxury tax. Would probably even take a buyout and sign with a contender, would really fit in at Nets.

Reply #882008 | Report this post

Rain Man  
Two years ago

Has there ever been somebody else who starts this many fights but never has been in one? Goes right back to his junior days. Can play but softer than butter

Reply #882009 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:59 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754