Lovebroker
Two years ago

SYD @ ILL - 13/01/2022

Warning : This game has been played so there will be spoilers from the opening post onwards.

This is a drought breaker game and no game thread?

Anyway it was an enjoyable game which further cements Illawrra as legitimate title contenders.

This would have been a blow out if it had not been for the series of turnovers by Illawarra which brought the Kings back into it (and lead) during Q3.

Unfortunately we may have seen the last of RJ Hunter who went down with a knee injury without anyone touching or near him.

Not sure if Naar is injured or just recovering but he seems to have fallen out of the rotation, I guess it is understandable where the guards are Harvey, Jessop, XRM.

Topic #49642 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Next you'll be showing love to Cairns you condescending douche

Reply #882012 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

This is a drought breaker game and no game thread?

I, and I assume everyone else, thought it was cancelled.

Reply #882013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Entertaining game, both Frolings did very well, harry in less time though, goorg has him fit and playing well. Naar not going to get time in this side.
Adams very good for the kings, cooks and Martin not defensively good enough as a combination 4-5 to win you many games. Both get good stats but no where consistent enough.

Reply #882015 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

RJ Hunter went down like he had been shot after playing a minute in his first game back.
Surely Sydney replace him.

Reply #882016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

As good as Illawarra is & with this season being packed in because of covid, I can see the fatigue factor playing a hand with Illawarra later in the season (like last year) with only playing basically a 7 man rotation

Reply #882018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

I'd suggest Harry is seeing the benefit of catching COVID and dropping some kegs

Reply #882021 | Report this post

Two years ago

Yes Anonymous, looking at the bench there is a big group not playing. Only 7 main players including Harry F. There isn't a lot off the bench with Naar, Dent, White, AJ, Timmy C and Gak. Goorj better get Harry going as he is in that rotation 7.

Reply #882029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Harry looks fit, his defensive pressure in the 5 spot yesterday was great. There bench is good compared to most JJs starters. Tim C better than McVeigh, white and AJ still give you something.

Reply #882035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

As above to many weaknesses in kings defence. Good coaches will exploit it.

Reply #882036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Sam Froling looked like the league MVP. That alone tells you how woeful the Kings defence is.

Reply #882040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Yep, Martin and Cook never worked last season, tells you all, they be on big dollars as well.

Reply #882045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Cook was out all season but 7 games

Reply #882046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Yes and when he got back there best win was in double over time when he didn't play many minutes and Hunter, Bruce and Moller did the damage, Moller winning the game day aboriginal trophy.

Reply #882055 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

What a loss Moller is to the Kings and NBL. Severely underappreciated player. Imagine with his D playing for the 'Cats under Gleeson back in the day.

Reply #882065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Yes as a kings member, Moller playing for Gleeson could have been a great fit, if memory serves me, Gleeson coached on an nbl China tour.

Reply #882088 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:18 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754