Adam Forde C+
Scott Roth C
Chase Buford C
CJ Bruton C
Dan Shamir C-

Topic #49661 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Simon Mitchell had a stacked team no injuries and one of the worse defensive teams. D+ from me

Reply #882594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Simon Mitchell had a stacked team no injuries and one of the worse defensive teams. D+ from me

Reply #882595 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Two years ago

Is the OP really suggesting that the persons coaching the 2 teams at bottom of the ladder get a pass mark?

Reply #882597 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

Agree Mitchell is on a hiding to nothing, he will either be the cause of the issues if they don't win and if they do win it’s because they are stacked and they absolutely are.

For mine the best coach has been Forde, on paper that team damn right sucks and they’ve had injuries too but for the most part they are a fun team to watch and play pretty well (that Jackjumpers game remains a nightmare). I think that the team look to be playing for the coach and they have already won more games than most were tipping to start the season. If they remain mid table to fighting for playoffs then coach of the year consideration needs to be made for Forde... as well as shit hurled at whatever stacked team doesn’t make playoffs.

Least impressed by Bruton, Shamir, Morrison but taking the cake is Buford… that is a coach that his players don’t seem to be playing for.

Reply #882598 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

In my opinion Vickerman has done the best job so far no one expected that United team to be as good as they're playing after starting 0-2 I think they're on a 6 game winning streak. Vickerman's been the best coach in the league for a few years now and comfortably been the best coach so far despite only having one import with a passed his best Delly eating up a big chunk of the salary cap.

Duncan's doing a good job with a not so great Bullets team that most thought would finish near the bottom and Forde too is especially making lemonade out of lemons up in Cairns.

CJ on paper is doing a reasonable job with that Sixers team to have them 3-3. I don't think too many other coaches would have a better record with that roster.

Buford and Shamir have been disappointing. I like other had the Kings finishing top a stacked team due to injuries and poor form have been very disappointing and don't forget that woeful 49 point game they had. The last thing that Kings team should be doing is struggling to score.

Shamir still hasn't shown anything in the 2+ years he's been in the NBL admittedly circumstances last season and again this season have conspired against them but they were hardly good in his first season either. Every year with the Breakers they make a big song and dance about some big name imports they bring in who either underachieve or don't mesh with the other guys they do have.

I don't know if Shamir even did sign that contract extension it was rumoured he did during the off-season but was never officially announced so it will be interesting to see if he gets the boot at the end of the season or not. Walsh has almost completely destroyed that club since taking over.

Reply #882607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Vickerman, JD and Forde been good, CJ ok, the rest better pull there finger out. In all fairness though Covid has made it harder.

Reply #882610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

^^^^^ Goorg done ok as well, not great with his stacked team.

Reply #882611 | Report this post

Geth  
Two years ago

Vickerman A-
Morrison B
Goorjian B
Duncan C+
Mitchell C
Forde C
Buford C-
Roth D+
Bruton F
Shamir F

Rankings based on Personnel, Travel, Covid, Injuries and Schedule to date

Reply #882943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

How do you justify rating Bruton a F with this trash roster?

Reply #882945 | Report this post

Geth  
Two years ago

Yes probably harsh, given they've squeezed a few wins — probably D to D+. But not convinced on Bruton’s head coaching. Another way to look at it, I think Bruton has underperformed to Conner Henry thus far, and the team isn’t playing for him.

Reply #882948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Agreed Connor Henry is looking better in hindsight right now.

It's all subjective so all good, but I find it hard to really judge Bruton right now. Working under JVG seems to be a kiss of death for any coaches career, and I'm amazed whenever they win a game.

Reply #882950 | Report this post

Geth  
Two years ago

Yeah, Adelaide needs a complete franchise rebuild including front office, back office, roster. They need a new identity and make it top priority to uncover the next Bryce Cotton if they want to any chance of building a foundation for the next decade. I think they ought to seek out that NBA ownership money like the Bullets and Phoenix.

Reply #882953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Adelaide's problem is Daniel Johnson.
Always has been, always will be.

Reply #882997 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:33 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754