Ben
Two years ago

Kings @ Bullets - Fri 21st Jan

Don't think there's a thread for this game yet.

Kings 30-15 after Q1.

Topic #49662 | Report this topic

GordonG  
Two years ago

Cooks ejected.

Reply #882622 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

With 7:30 left in the second quarter. Weird.

I kind of missed it. The commentators mentioned something about pulling someone's shorts, was that what got him tossed?

Reply #882623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Cooks was shooting badly, had five assists. Looked like been on the angry pills a bit.

Reply #882624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Sydney could not miss in 1st quarter, not so good in second. Relying on Martin with out Cooks could hurt kings. Brisbane not playing well, to much iso between Patterson and Sobey. Sobey is flopping well though.

Reply #882625 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Find it hard to believe the referees are wasting minutes looking over the Salt x Bruce non-event.

Reply #882626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

More Butler time

Reply #882627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

It's getting crumbly

Reply #882628 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Sydney the better team for three quarters, and shaping up for a decent road victory.

Then the final quarter happens.

Still want to know what happened to Cooks losing it. He let his team down getting tossed so early.

Reply #882629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

It's the way it shatters that matters.

Reply #882630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

JD new Sydney's weakness, no matter how much Santa and Hooley talk up Martin, he can’t play defence. Offensively Martin can play but he’s a negative overall.
Brisbane in the end to good no matter how many excuses the commentary come up with. Sydney’s coach had better stop complaining about refs and concentrate on coaching, his subbing is worse than Forde last season. I don’t believe either side will make finals.

Reply #882631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

I'm not certain how Sydney were the better side for 3/4 of game, they only won one 1/4, the first.

Reply #882632 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

16 points = largest quarter time deficit in Buzzas history that they have reeled in for a W.
(per NBLfacts on twitter)

Reply #882633 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Two years ago

So many poor 3s from Sydney in the second half, as if that was all they had as an option. If that was the coach's instruction, then it backfired big-time.

Reply #882634 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Loving this latest iteration of the Violet Crumbles.

Reply #882635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

They could not miss a three in first quarter, it was always going to even out.

Reply #882636 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Jason cadee ... sparked the win.. long time fan favourite. 500 triple.. the boy just continues to play smart team first ball..getsut done both end. Mentioned in game will be very good coach one dsy if follows that path.. one of the most astute readers of a game.. massive lost to sixers..he is the liquid nail type guy every successful program needs..doesn't get recognition he really deserves but astute judges know his valuation is elite...

Reply #882637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Dude English

Reply #882638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Did someone just put Cadee and elite in the same sentence!?

Reply #882639 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Yes sir I did...Jason cadee so underraked..elite basketball on court leadership.gettoing better with age.

Reply #882643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

You better jump on those JC5 tees before they all sell out.

Reply #882644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

I agree with the above poster. Cadee used to annoy the crap out of me. But, in this group off the bench, I've got a newfound appreciation for what he brings (other than 3’s) and he definitely orchestrated that win last night.

Reply #882650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Re Burford's time in the G League

"He made national news when he got suspended for two games for a rant about the officiating during a game in which his team blew a 21-point lead in the fourth quarter."

Doesn't seem like much has changed.

Reply #882651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

https://awfulannouncing.com/nba/wisconsin-herd-coach-chase-buford-suspended-after-epic-postgame-rant-against-g-league-officiating.html

Reply #882652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Kings better sign a defense first import centre quickly if they want any chance of making the top 4. Jarell Martin is horrible on that end of the floor.

Reply #882653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Another Kings season wasted.

Reply #882654 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Cooks got ejected because he had an unsportsmanlike foul called on him and then mouthed off and got a tech foul so you are out of the game.

Maybe he will learn to keep his mouth shut.

Reply #882655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

AKA The Revenge of JASON CADEE

Reply #882667 | Report this post

Buckshot  
Two years ago

I didn't see the game but saw some clips; did JD have both Sobey and Cadee on during the last quarter?

Reply #882676 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Yeah - the five during crunch time were largely Sobey, Cadee, Franks, Lamar, Ty.

Reply #882686 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

Sets the scene for Sunday's return match. Both teams are genuine contenders for a final's birth.

Brisbane need to show that they are not 1-game wonders, as they showed against Perth.

Sydney need to a least be 1 and 1 v the Bullets to keep pace with them on the ladder.

It is no-longer, 'early in the season'.

Finally! Isaiah Moss, 3mins 59secs for 0/1 (FGM/FGA).

Reply #882689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Neither side are playing finals

Reply #882705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

On again in Sydney at 1 pm.

Sydney should win this, Cadee can't play that well again.

Reply #882784 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Yes he can, he is elite now apparently.

Reply #882785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Anyone know what the injury status is for Makur Maker? He seems to be very injury prone.

Reply #882786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Brisbane shooting like shit but refs certainly looking after Sydney.

Reply #882788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Cadee had his one good game. Harrison injury real hurting bullets.

Botha sides not playing finals.

Reply #882790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Santamaria has no idea, so much of a yes man.

Reply #882791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Shit game
Shit refs
Shit commentary
On free to air as well, not bringing in anyone that game.

Reply #882794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Very poor crowd, very poor crowd in Hobart as well.

Reply #882800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Ummm COVID! People for the most part are not going out. Chill

Reply #882805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Understand Sydney Covid but Hobart so minimal.

Reply #882807 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two years ago

I'm a Kings season ticket holder and we've had to miss the last 5 games I believe due to either not wanting a pre-Xmas close contact/positive case or being close contacts/COVID positive in the time since Christmas. I'm surprised there are as many people there as it is.

It's definitely sapping my enthusiasm for the season. Still enjoying watching the games (even if it's on TV), but the season as a whole feels much lower on the priority list these days unfortunately, and with a few exceptions (some great games this past weekend) the overall standard has dipped, understandably. I hope the NBL is able to ride this season out and things return to relative norm next season once all the borders are (presumably) open, although that feels naive even to type at this stage. I've got serious concerns about how well teams/owners are going to be able to keep going without having a steady supply of home games with high numbers of bums in seats.

Reply #882830 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:34 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754