-
Two years ago

charge or block ?

if a player picks the ball up and starts their lay up steps and a defensive player steps in and is in position (outside the semi circle) just as the player takes their lay up step then hits the defence - charge or ?

Topic #49667 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Defender needs to establish LGP first

Reply #882804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

It's a block, be nice if refs could see it and to be fair they don’t have twenty replays. I’ve always believed if you can’t make the right call instead of guessing, call play on, you might see flopping start to slow down as players stand on their feet.

On an issue that shits me, Drimic got unsportsmanlike on a push Vasilavic, it was there but not a lot in it, Vasilavic look like he got thrown out of a cannon.

Reply #882806 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

"I've always believed if you can’t make the right call instead of guessing, call play on, you might see flopping start to slow down as players stand on their feet."

Yes x1000

Reply #882808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

It's in the air? Nothing to see

Reply #882809 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Sounds to me like establishing LGP was covered by "is in position (outside the semi circle) just as the player takes their lay up step", but these are difficult enough to adjudicate when there's video, never mind just reading a description.

Reply #882811 | Report this post

Easy As  
Two years ago

Being in "your steps" means absolutely jack shit when it comes to being a charge or a block. From what you've explained, this would more likely be a charge, as the defender was in position and the offensive player is only in their step motion. But as stated above, without video it's hard to say with 100% accuracy either way

Reply #882828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:57 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754