Young
Durant
Embiid
Giannis

Wiggins, eh?

Topic #49684 | Report this topic

Cram  
Two years ago

Wiggins as an All Star starter is just wild.

Reply #883262 | Report this post

Musk  
Two years ago

Stats might not reflect it but imo I think green has been the 2nd best warrior so I think he should've gotten Wiggins’ spot.

Also how does Phoenix have the best record in the league and not one of Paul or Booker get a spot. Surely if Golden State get 2 in the starting 5 with the 2nd best record, then Phoenix should get 1 in there.

And I thought DeRozan was technically a foward since he plays with (typically) Ball and Lavine who take up the backcourt on the bulls.

Reply #883274 | Report this post

Cram  
Two years ago

These days its really positionless basketball. DeRozen is a traditional prototype 2 guard but plays as a forward these days.

I don't buy into the idea that just because your team is on top that automatically means your players deserve more all star spots/starters etc.

I think Curry and Morant have been the two best guards in the west. Booker and Paul should both make it as reserves.

Draymond is no doubt a better player and clearly WAY more valuable to the Warriors than Wiggins, but unfortunately people dont vote for the things he delivers, remembering that half of the starters vote is from fans.

Reply #883276 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

No starter from either of the two conference-leading teams. Oddity more than anything.

Also:

Andrew Wiggins only received 4 out of a possible 98 votes from the media and was still able to be named an all-star starter. Rudy Gobert received 64/98 votes and didn't even finish top 5.

Reply #883277 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

There must have been a massive Wiggins fan vote campaign then, although it's nowhere near as egregious as the Pachulia one.

Reply #883288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

If the fans want him in then what's the problem. It's the system until they change it.

Reply #883302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Just saw Wall and Simmons got all star player votes, now that's ridiculous.

Reply #883304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Zydrunas Ilgauskas should be included in that list because his career records was amazing. Here you can take a look-

GP- 641 PTS-12.3 REG-7.3 AST-1.1 W'S-402 L'S-239 WIN% - 62.7%

Reply #884223 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:43 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754